• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Unfancied new signing Nathan Green is set to be the shock bolter in the revamped Manly squad to meet the Bulldogs in round one.

Incoming coach Trent Barrett is set to name a host of new faces tomorrow, with former Dragon centre Green the big surprise in the back row.

Green played just four games for the Dragons last season and his move to Manly barely created a headline.

He is not listed in Manly’s top 25 players but impressed the coaching staff with his attitude in the trials and is likely to win a spot.

He has beaten experienced forwards like Tom Symonds and Feleti Mateo for a place in the pack. New signings Marty Taupau, Dylan Walker and Nate Myles will also make the team.

Brett Stewart is given little chance of playing due to injury, with Tom Trbojevic to play at fullback.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/moles...89708594403716&adbpl=fb&adbpr=110919635615955

Barret wrapped him big time in one interview.
Loving the competition for spots in the forward pack compared to last years whoever is fit.

I don't know a lot about green, but I doubt he has the front running over Mateo, Symonds or Knight.
If he has, got luck to him he has hopefully earned it.

Well stuff me....four days out from the start of a new season and it's obvious a new set of goat photos has emerged. When will it all end???

1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Lyon
4.Matai
5.Lavaka/Goodall/Williame
6.Walker
7.Cherry-Evans
8.Trbojevic
9.Koroisau
10.Myles
11.Mateo
12.Brown
13.Taupau

14.Parcell
15.Lussick
16.Lawrence
17.Knight

I don't think it's any coincidence this bloke was at the nines and started the trial against Ipswich. Not surprising if Barrett starts him next to Brown and Tapau.

Personally I think it's a brain fart, but wish the bloke well and hope to be proven wrong.

Because of the interchange reducing and the need for big men up front , t red and the likes might struggle to get a run . Jeez its hotting up for positions in the backrow . This has all got to be a good thing . Bring on friday COME ONNNNNN.

I'm more curious as to who will come into the side as a winger if Brett is out and young Turbo gets moved to the fullback position....to me...thatd be the bolter moreso than Green into the side tbh.

I remember mark bryant was our whipping boy, well mine anyway , couldnt hold the bloody ball , silly offloads but we all grew to love the unit . Enter ranger green.

Although I rate the Eagles top 4 material, I think this 'Green' talk shows Barret is looking for more from his backrow in addition to new guns Tapau & Brown. I don't get how Mateo has a free ride with you guys. He's past his best. Symonds, is solid & has been promising things for years, even during his Rooster days , but doesn't have me jumping for joy. Maybe Liam Knight is the guy, if ready ( if injury free ) ?? Not sure.

PS: Re Snake's hamstring issue(s). He's 31. Choc is 32.

PSS: As an aside, Green in the backrow, could be a Supercoach bolter (151K, only at Centre).

Last edited:
Obviously if Barrett is picking him then he has impressed in the off season and if that is the case and he has put his hand up then he deserves his place

I know a bit about this "Green" and I can tell you a few things...

1. He would have to have completely transformed his game to warrant selection in this team because he was probably the biggest liability on the Dragons books over the last three seasons and we all know how well they've been going.

2. He is very suspect in defence...laterally speaking, he turns like a prop forward with the arm hung out in disbelief.

3. The good news is he has only really played centre/wing in FG so he could be a much better proposition in the back-row where Barrett has been training him exclusively.

4. He is a tall, gangly thing with a Ryan Hoffman/Ben Creagh type hole running ability that could be useful on the fringes.

I really wish him all the best and hope he kicks starts his career in the maroon and white.

We love a whipping boy on here, my pick is Will I Am.

If he gets the vacant Wing spot and ****s it up " bring it on".

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4