Barrett to dogs lol

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I prefer to get my opinions from people like me ... lying at home on the couch in our undies .... calling out our brilliant advice to the tele while sucking on a jack danials bottle ....
I think Baz would prefer it if we were doing push-ups in our undies on top of the counter of a public bar. But I guess that's what makes him a coaching genius - he thinks on a different level to you or me.

And a few weeks ago we should have been top of the table had the parra game not been robbed. 3 weeks is a long time in footy.

3 weeks is definitely a long time. In that time we've lost Turbo to a long term injury, Walks to a mid-long term injury and AFB got suspended after he lost it over what was yet another referee blunder that cost us a chance at winning. That's 1/2 of our main strike power (if you include DCE and Suli as the other two) and half our spine, and the guy just voted as best prop in the NRL by his fellow players.

At least that all happened after we'd beaten Brisbane.....

Because no successful club will even look at him.

Agreed. And right now the biggest problem the Dogs have is that Zoolander is about the only one out there with NRL first grade coaching experience who even seems interested in the job.

Some may laugh at this, but right now the Dogs really need someone with the experience and smarts of one of their former coaches, Phil Gould. Though I seriously doubt he will ever throw his hat into the coaching ring again

I have a mate who is a doggies supporter and he reckons they want Barrett cause he will bring some of the Panthers young guns. I reminded him of the only player Des brought over to the dogs, being T. Williams, to demonstrate that players rarely follow coaches (Wayne Bennett is the only real exception to the rule). He’s now crapping himself.

I still remember when Dogs fans were getting all excited at the prospect of players like the Stewart's and Foran following Des to the Dogs ... and in the end pretty much only T-Rex directly followed him. Foran did eventually end up there, but only after stints at the Worms and Warriors first. And by the time he got to pull on a Dogs jumper and play, Des had been sacked anyway.

If he ever wants to be a first grade coach where else would he get a shot?

He would be even more stupid to knock them back - his "star" will only go down from here if the Panthers splutter at all

Imagine the bitch session pretty boy and Foran are going to have about Manly.
Talk about bonding session, then twenty has to tell fiz he is not being re-signed.

Now it could be a (lack of) support staff thing, but I recall the players appearing to be shocked at the pre-season training they endured when Des returned which suggests to me the training was more intense under the Des stewardship. Maybe the older more experienced coaches aim more for respect than friends (at least whilst they're coaching them).

With the speed of the game now you would think the training would have to be more rigorous for all teams.

Saw this interesting tweet

Last 10 years Defence avg 14.95 PPG for NRL premiers

Some potential coaching candidates and their defensive records

TOOVEY 17.29 PPG (4 Seasons)
GRIFFIN 18.41 PPG (7 Seasons)
BARRETT 23.57 PPG (3 Seasons)

Canterbury's hierarchy and No.1 coaching target Trent Barrett have assured each other that two key elements of his messy Manly exit – club instability and his own man management – won't undermine a prospective role at Belmore.

You go Trent! 10 year deal...lock it in!

Sounds like Gus really did want Manly to pay for Trent's gathering of experience...

However, Gus saw the value in allowing Barrett to leave to take the Sea Eagles job, thinking he would return better equipped to lead the Panthers forward down the track.

"There's only so many jobs available and they only come up so often," Gould said.

"[Then Manly head of football] Bob Fulton asked me about him and I said, 'look, I think Trent will make a great coach I really do, of all the blokes I've ever been involved with I really rate him'.

"And he decided to take up an opportunity with the Manly Sea Eagles, and it was probably a little before his time and I think it was great experience for him and I felt, 'well, if you're going to go and make some mistakes, go and make them somewhere else,' and I always had it in my view that one day he would come back to Panthers. That was always in my long-term plans.

No I knew he was useless, but i didn't know that Gus knowingly stitched Bozo up.

Did anyone read Gould grand plan for pretty boy and Penruff. when the pretty boy gave his resignation at Manly. I said that pretty boy had probably been offered the Penruff coaching job by Gould after sacking Anthony Griffen. Imagine the power that Gould would have had at Penruff even if he was not there in any capacity. That explains why he created the bull**** at Manly to justify his resignation. After Goulds grand plan fell apart and Penruff rehired Cleary. Pretty boy was left with a **** sandwich. So the stupid farked Bulldogs are prepared to give the coaching job to a person that has no loyalty, or scruples. The Board and supporters of Bulldogs are so farked. They failed with Des who was battle harden in dealing with a fractured board at Manly Only to get Pretty boy who pointed out that manly had no chairs. A bad tradesman always blames his tools a good tradesman will use anything and still do a good job. Pretty boy and Chihuahua's is a match made in heaven or should I say in hell.

Phil Gould reveals plot to make Trent Barrett Panthers head coach
https%3A%2F%2Fimageresizer.static9.net.au%2FkiXO2Q3wB7s9m_3JeGxDlG7AQZ0%3D%2F75x75%2Fsmart%2Fhttps%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2019%2F05%2F09%2F16%2F57%2Fben-glover-editor-wide-world-of-sports-389px.jpg
By Ben Glover
16 hours ago

Phil Gould has revealed how he plotted to make Trent Barrett the head coach of the Panthers as part of a "dream team" succession plan that put Ivan Cleary into the general manager of football role.
Speaking on Wide World of Sports' Six Tackles with Gus podcast, Gould explained what went down when Barrett was given his first opportunity to take a head coaching role when Manly came calling in 2015.
At the time Barrett was in his first year as an assistant coach to Cleary and Gould already saw the talented former NSW half as the long-term coach of the club.
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F498e5ca9-3829-4155-a78c-de871cbeebfe
Trent Barrett (Getty)

However, he saw the value in allowing Barrett to leave to take the Sea Eagles job, thinking he would return better equipped to lead the Panthers forward down the track.
"There's only so many jobs available and they only come up so often," Gould said.

"[Then Manly head of football] Bob Fulton asked me about him and I said, 'look, I think Trent will make a great coach I really do, of all the blokes I've ever been involved with I really rate him'.
"And he decided to take up an opportunity with the Manly Sea Eagles, and it was probably a little before his time and I think it was great experience for him and I felt, 'well, if you're going to go and make some mistakes, go and make them somewhere else,' and I always had it in my view that one day he would come back to Panthers. That was always in my long-term plans.
"And I said to Ivan when Ivan came back the second time, I said 'my long-term plan was for Ivan to come back and replace me and for Trent Barrett to come back as head coach', that was the dream team that I could see."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The thing that amazes me the most about all this is the PR machine that is behind TB. I can’t recall witnessing anything like it, especially for someone who has not achieved much as a coach.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4