Barrett to dogs lol

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd be very surprised if Barrett takes the gig at the Dogs. Even with his dazzling Zoolander pout, he only has so many chances left after what he "achieved" here and the way he left the club. Why would he go to a struggling club with a poor roster and battle through a rebuild when he can stay at the Panthers, who are going great guns, and keep everyone believing that Ivan Cleary and his fabulous roster have nothing to do with it? It's all Trent, apparently.

Barrett will finally win that elusive coaching spoon. He tried his best, but couldn't quite get us over the line.

Congrats Trent, your new team is situated exactly where your coaching level is.
Do you think he will start this season? I suppose if they offer it to him he will because otherwise they'll go looking elsewhere.. dont know why Barrett though. Toovey is way better a coach and he's still out there

Someone start a Lol@doggies thread.. it will be a long lasting thread always good for a laugh
Surely there is one already ?

Really hoping this happens.

I generally loathe the dogs and that was turned up to 11 with Greenberg poaching Des and that whole fiasco.

But over the last 18 months with how poor they have been and how decent a bloke Pay seems I have found myself indifferent or even hoping they snag the odd win.

Barrett being there would fix that and order would be restored in enjoying their demise

I'd be very surprised if Barrett takes the gig at the Dogs. Even with his dazzling Zoolander pout, he only has so many chances left after what he "achieved" here and the way he left the club. Why would he go to a struggling club with a poor roster and battle through a rebuild when he can stay at the Panthers, who are going great guns, and keep everyone believing that Ivan Cleary and his fabulous roster have nothing to do with it? It's all Trent, apparently.
Because no successful club will even look at him.

Someone published an article in which they advised Barrett not to take the Bulldog job because the club was in turmoil yarda yarda yarda. Now the Doggies fans are up in arms that they might be robbed of such a great coach by outside interference.

The whole thing really couldn’t get much funnier.

The irony is that C-B back in 2011, led by their then board and an ambitious CEO, umm...whatsisname, pinched Hasler; which then led to:

Toovey becoming our head coach. But then
Toovey lost the 2013 GF (bookended by C-B losing in 2012 and ‘14 under Hasler), so the knives started to come out for Toovey by late 2014. Toovey’s assistant in 2014/15 was Steve Georgallis - C-B’s new interim coach.

Toovey was then replaced by Barrett, who flopped and was replaced by Hasler, returning home after helping to destroy the Belmore outfit for seasons to come (Brookvale, Narrabeen, this is Agent Sorry - mission completed!).

Now it looks like Barrett will be heading to Belmore, after C-B sacrificed a favourite son on the altar of perceived coaching failure. Sounds familiar.

How the fates of two clubs have been strangely intertwined for the last nine seasons.

Last edited:
He may not get another shot

Laurie Daley said on radio this morning that Trent needs to be “very, very careful” as he may not get another chance as a head coach.

If he screws it up with a new squad next season then we know he’s not head coach material.

Do you think he will start this season? I suppose if they offer it to him he will because otherwise they'll go looking elsewhere.. dont know why Barrett though. Toovey is way better a coach and he's still out there

If I was Barrett, I would be looking for a start tomorrow.

This year would be a free run at it. No blame if they continue to struggle, and be a hero if they bag 4 or 5 wins.
He would be mad to wait until a new season in 2021 and be under pressure straight away.

He would be mad to take the job at all.

Yeah, nah.
There are 16 HC jobs in the NRL....Barrett may get a HC shot at 4 clubs, maybe....Warriors, Dogs, Dragons, maybe Cows....and he is competing with the likes of Griffin for all of them.

He needs to take what he can get, when he can get it, or stay an assistant for the foreseeable future, and end up like Toovs, who is possibly seen as too long out of the game by most clubs now.

In all seriousness, what are the Bulldogs thinking? That board has been smoking a hell of a lot of cones and drinking a lot of piss if they think Barrett is the man to lead that club out of the mess that it is in. It's insane.
I think you’ll find a cpl board members in this doco.

Check out “Have a Good Trip: Adventures in Psychedelics” on Netflix

If I was Barrett, I would be looking for a start tomorrow.

This year would be a free run at it. No blame if they continue to struggle, and be a hero if they bag 4 or 5 wins.
He would be mad to wait until a new season in 2021 and be under pressure straight away.
Yes but he will win a spoon.. they have 1 win... ouch! I would start tomorrow if i was him. It'd be exciting being head coach and he can start making some changes straight away. I dont think he will but this is the nrl.. a few days ago this wasnt even a thing :)

I think Barrett would have learned a fair bit under Ivan again, Ivan destroyed the tigers recruitment, Ivan has learnt his lesson with players playing on past tense, no doubt Barrett would have put this in the memory bank and start giving some younger players a chance, paying big money for rubbish is not smart.

I have a mate who is a doggies supporter and he reckons they want Barrett cause he will bring some of the Panthers young guns. I reminded him of the only player Des brought over to the dogs, being T. Williams, to demonstrate that players rarely follow coaches (Wayne Bennett is the only real exception to the rule). He’s now crapping himself.

All I can say is that during Pretty boys stint a at Manly no matter how far ahead we were the the opposition would not only catch up to us but 9 out of 10 would beat us. Any tries we scored were through individual talent. We leaked tries like a sift. we never were able to string 3 wins together. Yet he had a team that should have been top eight potential every year that he coached us. So going to the Bulldogs with a fractured board, team of tryers lacking believe in there ability will not be improved under pretty boy. The Bulldogs board need another scapegoat for their failures.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4