Barrett to dogs lol

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whenever TB is mentioned on this site, Kenny Loggins' song 'Danger Zone' instantly comes to mind!

I must admit to having a wry smile when reading on another thread how some of us have the Panthers as a second team this year given the person coaching their attack.
Not everyone here had the same level of hatred for TB @Ranga... although generally it was off the charts...
I personally dont blame him for his contract, I blame our admins and I do think that his role probably became untenable given the relationship that developed with the owner...
In the end sh*t happens and we move on, TB can obviously coach (as plenty at Penrith and our own players sing his praises) and he was here at a time when our recruitment was non existent and our good players (apart from DCE) were leaving, injured or not ready. I would get a laugh out of watching him have success - if for no other reason than to watch @strone33 and @BOZO go apoplectic ;)

Last edited:
Feel for Pay he has been shafted big time by his own "family" club and credit to him for standing up for himself.

Never really bagged Barret I just thought he wasn't ready to be a head coach and was better suited as an ASS coach at the time.
If he gets the gig at the dogs will be interesting to see if he is ready now or if he is still better suited to be the dogs ASS coach.

I dont think Trent was a bad coach, he just wasnt a good one...at least not yet. He was a novice coming into a club in chaos and facing quite debilitating injury numbers to key players as well as other issues. He coached like a novice, unable to get the best from his players, making tactical errors by the truck full, being quite myopic in situations that required a cool head and wisdom. He didnt handle the pressure, when the chips were down and in a Trump like fashion started blaming everything and everyone else for his difficulties. Perhaps a couple of years will have matured him somewhat. Good luck to him, but like at Manly, he is walking into a mine field at the Dogs. Tough task, tough ask. Good luck to him if he gets the job.

They need Griffin. Come in, sort the place out, take no crap from their dysfunctional board and rebuild the club.

There's very few players on their roster to actually build a team around. I'd buy McCullough as priority. They need a hard nut 9. Maybe even bring back grub. Thank Tolman and half their centre/wing line for their services. Bring back lafai and their team could look like this:

DWZ
Large fast winger 1 (Ok maybe keep Chrichton)
Hoppa
Lafai
Large fast winger 2 (Montoya, Meeney, Holland or new Fijian flyer type)
Foran
??? Mong ??? I don't know
Not Tolman
McCullough
Napa
Jackson
CHN
Raymond FM

Jeremy MK
Decent bench prop1 (Sue?)
Decent bench prop2
Second rower (Elliott?)

The team should go ok and win a few games. When they are reminded how that feels like they will become competitive and can go from there.

Not everyone here had the same level of hatred for TB @Ranga... although generally it was off the charts...
I personally dont blame him for his contract, I blame our admins and I do think that his role probably became untenable given the relationship that developed with the owner...
In the end sh*t happens and we move on, TB can obviously coach (as plenty at Penrith and our own players sing his praises) and he was here at a time when our recruitment was non existent and our good players (apart from DCE) were leaving, injured or not ready. I would get a laugh out of watching him have success - if for no other reason than to watch @strone33 and @BOZO go apoplectic ;)
No hatred here feathered friend just appalled on the negative impact Trent had in our club
The head of football had a lot of say in recruitment and the overseeing of Trent until Trent fell outwith him and did it his way and his way was down the wooden spoon ladder
A competent head coach is not about just being drinking mates with the players . Its about getting on with every one in the club and getting on with the job and not just spitting the dummy and quitting when the going gets tough .

Last edited:
They need Griffin. Come in, sort the place out, take no crap from their dysfunctional board and rebuild the club.

There's very few players on their roster to actually build a team around. I'd buy McCullough as priority. They need a hard nut 9. Maybe even bring back grub. Thank Tolman and half their centre/wing line for their services. Bring back lafai and their team could look like this:

DWZ
Large fast winger 1 (Ok maybe keep Chrichton)
Hoppa
Lafai
Large fast winger 2 (Montoya, Meeney, Holland or new Fijian flyer type)
Foran
??? Mong ??? I don't know
Not Tolman
McCullough
Napa
Jackson
CHN
Raymond FM

Jeremy MK
Decent bench prop1 (Sue?)
Decent bench prop2
Second rower (Elliott?)

The team should go ok and win a few games. When they are reminded how that feels like they will become competitive and can go from there.
Mong lol

Strange decision from the Dogs...it could end with the quickest double coach sackings for the same club within a 6 week period ??

No hatred here feathered friend just appalled on the negative impact Trent had in our club
The head of football had a lot of say in recruitment and the overseeing of Trent until Trent fell outwith him and did it his way and his way was down the wooden spoon ladder
A competent head coach is not about just being drinking mates with the players . Its about getting on with every one in the club and getting on with the job and not just spitting the dummy and quitting when the going gets tough .
Fair points @BOZO but I think his failing were amplified whilst others avoided proper examination... dont reckon it will get any easier for Twent if he does end up at the dogs...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4