Barrett on NRL360 tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think ur being generous there he’s happy as long as the Scotch is 12 minutes old ,in fact the younger the better

You only have to look at him to see how pickled he is, although he claimed on Twitter recently to be almost dry!!

13 players over 5 years totalling 1.5 million is systematic cheating. We have got off light

But what if they offered to organise TPA's to 15 different players that they were chasing and those amounts totaled 1.5 mil, then we didn't go through with it. Are we still cheats? When a club like Melbourne spend legally through the same system 788k more than us every year without a whimper.

We are only cheating if we spend more than the club that is spending the most. We aren't anywhere near the legal cheats.

Just watched the replay of the show. Some interesting accusations from Rothfool.

I gotta say Sampson has turned in to a smug piece of **** since moving to fox. A real smart arse I actually think that individual is a very limited talent on television.

Sampson was a smug piece of crap when she was on Nein, especially if one of her Qld teams won. Doesn't sound like much has changed.

Just watched the replay of the show. Some interesting accusations from Rothfool.

Would love to know where he is getting his so-called facts from. He named DCE and Walker, then completely contradicts himself saying that the NRL wouldn't release the names of the players involved.

As others have already said, it was widely reported at the time that Souffs wanted to get rid of Walker because of what happened with him and Aaron Gray. Walker was even on Fox last year basically saying how bitter he still was over it. And before he mentioned Dylan he said that Joe Kelly had refused to sign off on DCE's contract and had actually resigned over it, yet we all know that Kelly resigned 9 months later. If Kelly resigned over DCE's contract that Scott Penn signed off on, why didn't he do so straight away, why hang around like an expectant mother for 9 months?

Buzz needs to be very careful with what he says on television or in his column.

Squeels lost Peats out of it aswell. Whilst hasnt been a world beater, is a better hooker than their current roster.

and a medical retirement to get them under, all sorted in 1 year, we on the other hand have not had that and are penalized for 3 years in a row.

Also said he is focused on being a strong leader for the team and winning this weekend.
Against Canberra, our team could go one of two ways after the week we're having.
I reckon we'll come out firing and if we do, full credit to Barrett.

From memory Rothfield states that DCE was paid an extra 400k and Walker a similar amount. Doesn’t leave too much for the rest of them.

Last edited:
Parra got 8 or 10 points deducted!! We have been hit with a fine and 300k off the cap off 9.4 million which wont effect us that much.

Parra falsified invoices (criminal offense) and paid PAID the players TPA’s.

Manly pointed the players agent to a potential TPA, were salary cap compliant the whole 5 years, NRL approved the contracts for the time and did not pay anything above what was stated in the contract. Just because a disgruntled player/s TPA fell through left them feeling out of pocket isn’t Manly’s problem. That’s down to the players agent and TPA provider.

Agree that the 330K per year might not affect big signings but believe me we have youngsters that have contracts at the lower end that 330K is used for and they’ll be the ones let go hence hamstringing us for the next few yrs going fwd. Add to this that if we bring the youngesters in early due to injuries then their value goes up.

Until the full details come out it’s a guessing game but the details so far indicate that there is a misinterpretation of a term/s in the TPA’s which sounds like a grey area not black and white.

Also lets not forget the small monetary sum of $750K fine vs Parra $1M.

Parra got off lightly, lost points but were still allowed to compete for the finals, we got slammed even though the club has not paid one cent over what they have declared to the NRL. Some TPA’s went sour and the player/s lost out.

If info comes out that we paid the players the TPA’s then i retract my comments but on the info available Parra and the Storm deliberately paid players over the cap, we might have worded/interpreted a grey area incorrectly (NRL looking to change this to prevent future misinterpretations).

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8