Barrett has Cancelled Mad Monday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It’s not that I’m ill-mannered or a psychopathic hater,
I just think we need a legal terminator.

With a termination notice in his pocket there is nothing that he’d lack,
He would just tell Trent - “You won’t be back!”
A dog would be just........
Put down.

That's what they were discussing mate so it wasn't a joke
He hasn't resigned cause he wants a payout. Hard to believe but I think that is what is happening...
Correct he is staying because he wants his money . He wants to get rewarded for getting his team wooden spoon runner uppers
The sooner this imposter of a head coach leaves the better .

So how much do we pay a coach for getting our team second last on the table ?
Offers any one ?

Next year when there is an improvement he can say it was my review with the players at the end of the 2018 season that caused the improvement.

I wonder if most the players are turning up to Mad Monday fancy dress drinks dressed in Storm jerseys, that way they can go dressed as footballers.

He hasn't resigned cause he wants a payout. Hard to believe but I think that is what is happening...
Except for that time in July when he resigned by handing in his resignation.
His contract apparently says he has to give 12 months notice, which he gave in July, meaning he will still be employed as our coach on full pay until July 2019!

Meanwhile the club no doubt have been looking at whether they have grounds to terminate him without pay before then. For example, immediately. And have concluded (no doubt) that they don't (otherwise he'd be gone already).

So now it's all about coming to a settlement figure, so he can be free of Manly and vice versa. It is in neither party's interests now to drag this out.

It's quite interesting seeing Barrett's reputation finally taking a decent hit in sections of the media, both for his coaching and also for being a whinger/quitter.

I wonder, is this 12 month notice clause common for coaches? I haven't heard of it before, but that may be because it's rare for a coach to quit, they normally get sacked.

Individual reviews? The problem with this team is that they play like a bunch of individuals. Individual effort is not the problem. The lack of any discernible team structure, framework or game plan is the problem. And we know where accountability for that lies. Or is this another way for TB to deflect blame away from himself and unto the players this time?

Best comment I've seen all year mate :trophy:

Trent Barrett has been clearly out of his depth as a first grade head coach.

Last edited:
Didn't Barrett say in the post match presser that the players didn't listen to him? If that isn't the clearest indication that he has lost this team, I don't know what is.

We played yesterday like we really just didn't care if we won or not. The players know full well Barrett's out the door and they haven't been playing for him for a while now. The only ones who seemed to be playing with any purpose were DCE, Jake, Tom (until he went off), Fainu and at a pinch, AFB.

Thommo played arguably his worst game of the year (Edit: the effort and usual passion was there, the execution wasn't). Kapow and Lane were hardly sighted. The less said about either Walker and especially Parker the better. Kelly was off-song. Hodko struggled to keep up mostly because we didn't have the ball, and Jetski confirmed my growing opinion that he is wildly overrated.

The players for the most part just didn't care. Barrett may be a good bloke, but as coach he's lost this team.

Last edited:
His contract apparently says he has to give 12 months notice, which he gave in July, meaning he will still be employed as our coach on full pay until July 2019!

Meanwhile the club no doubt have been looking at whether they have grounds to terminate him without pay before then. For example, immediately. And have concluded (no doubt) that they don't (otherwise he'd be gone already).

So now it's all about coming to a settlement figure, so he can be free of Manly and vice versa. It is in neither party's interests now to drag this out.

It's quite interesting seeing Barrett's reputation finally taking a decent hit in sections of the media, both for his coaching and also for being a whinger/quitter.

I wonder, is this 12 month notice clause common for coaches? I haven't heard of it before, but that may be because it's rare for a coach to quit, they normally get sacked.
Apart from being the worst coach in our history what a piece of **** he is for quitting and then holding a gun to our head by quiting mid season and holding that to us. What a fair dinkum c*nt. TOTAL ****

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10