Bangladesh beat World No.1 Sth Africa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

earl

Bencher
The bangys beat the Sth Africans by 67 runs .hahahahaha

They should be very proud of themselves. Thats twice they have beaten the no 1 side in the world.

I can only see the Kiwis beating the Aussies now.

South Africa batted horribly, they looked like they had no idea how to overcome a pitch that isn't 100% batsman friendly, like a team of Matthew Haydens almost.

Yeah, go the banga's!!

They have the most potential to be a real force out of all the minnow countries... give them about 4 or 5 years and i think you'll see results like that one more regularly

South Africa batted horribly, they looked like they had no idea how to overcome a pitch that isn't 100% batsman friendly, :stupid:like a team of Matthew Haydens almost.

Whaaaat? He's a great ODI player when conditions suit. He would go down as a great if he had another 5 years in him with the pitches produced lately, and the ground configurations heading the way they are.

Bangladesh beat World No.2 Sth Africa (they are number two now- thank god)
Is that official pj because regardless of how the rankings work , I think the Aussies , as do the rest of the world have always been the no 1 side. Gave it to the POMS again overnight.
:dance:

[quote author=PJ]
Bangladesh beat World No.2 Sth Africa (they are number two now- thank god)
Is that official pj because regardless of how the rankings work , I think the Aussies , as do the rest of the world have always been the no 1 side. Gave it to the POMS again overnight.
:dance:
[/quote]

Ye its official. SA are back where they belong, No. 2.

And SB, maybe get some facts before you make unjustified comments about Hayden.

Averages 39 in Australia (most friendly pitches for him I would say)
Averages 52 in India (Hmm, real friendly pitches there, NOT)
Averages 45 in Sri Lanka (On spinning wickets against the best spin bowler playing)
Averages 32 in South Africa (Similar pitches to Australia, yet not a great average there either)

A bloke that has played 140 ODI with an average of 43.60 and a strike rate of 78 is a great player, in anyones books.

He's a very good player, I never said he wasn't, all I said is that he wasn't "a great".

In Australia, most of the grounds are as big as they get and pitches are not usually the type of roads we've been seeing in other countries the last 18-24 months.

His Indian average is inflated by one good series averaging 75 during his golden tour where he averaged 100 in Tests also, averaged 34 in his other attempt over there with a top score of 51.

His Sri Lankan stats include an Champions Trophy where he scored his highest score (67) of that tournament against Bangladesh.

He hasn't played an ODI in South Africa since the 2003 World Cup where he was disappointing but in his only full series he averaged 42, he played one off games in 1994 and 2000 scoring ducks both times, not good for the old average,

Regardless of the misleading stats, I think just by watching him you can tell the sort of player he is, he's a dominating, intimidating, arrogant batsman when he is hitting them well, a bully player who can take a game away from the opposition, and that sort of play suits the current condition of most pitches/grounds. On the more challenging grounds he pokes and prods before getting out poorly. I don't remember every dismissal but that's my impression of him from watching probably 90% of his innings from the last 5 or so years.

[quote author=SilentBob]
South Africa batted horribly, they looked like they had no idea how to overcome a pitch that isn't 100% batsman friendly, :stupid:like a team of Matthew Haydens almost.

[/quote]

Apologies Silent Bob, uncalled for. Id been on :drunk: . i don't agree with you but you are entitled to an opinion. :blush:

Matthew Hayden is a champion. One of the best blokes you'll ever meet too. I once had to install some phone stuff into his house and he was one of very few people who offered a drink. After the job had been completed he gave the bloke i was working with an i a signed Gray Nicolls shirt. It wasn't that he gave us the shirt and stuff, it's that he chatted to us the whole time and was just a real champion bloke.

3 weeks ago i did a job for Jimmy Maher too, he reckons Ricky Ponting is the best in the world by a country mile. (not ground breaking info i guess).

Few months back did a job for Sam Cordingley too... the general concensus is the reds are farked!! haha but he gave me a sweet hat so no harm done :) hahaha

That's all the name dropping from me today :lol:

SB Id buy what you said except for this line, "They had no idea how to overcome a pitch that wasnt 100% batsmen friendly, like a team of Matthew Haydens".

That statement is bull****. Matthew Hayden has shown on a ****eload of occasions that he can handle any pitch, fast or slow.

SB Id buy what you said except for this line, \"They had no idea how to overcome a pitch that wasnt 100% batsmen friendly, like a team of Matthew Haydens\".

That statement is bull****. Matthew Hayden has shown on a ****eload of occasions that he can handle any pitch, fast or slow.

You must have some memory of Hayden struggling on a less than friendly pitch? It wasn't that long ago he was out of form for the 14th time in his career, that's exactly how SA played.

tell me a batsman who doesn't struggle on a less than friendly pitch. That's why they are called less than friendly! Lara is struggling on his home turf and surely they must be to his liking.

Out of form for the 14th time ???

Hayden is a flat track bully, but he is absolutely devastating when conditions suit.

And he knows when to turn it on, a pleasure to watch when hes in the mood.

One of the best tests to compare bastman is how they go away from home imo.

I rate Dravid over tendulkar and thats one of the big reasons, away from home the average of Dravid is about 10 better.

One of the best tests to compare bastman is how they go away from home imo.

I rate Dravid over tendulkar and thats one of the big reasons, away from home the average of Dravid is about 10 better.

Yep and Hayden is way ahead away from home.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4