Ballin's Defence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ballin's Defence

True guys - and it's the way it should be. Yet we hear from Papers that Witt / Leuluai sign on elsewhere through external media outlets rather than "these" sites.

All I'm saying is that if he takes off, I personally think we have missed a big thing.

Remember Monaghan blurting about the fact that he is holding some excellent juniors back as his reason to look elsewhere before all the other teams scoffed at his asking price.

Ballin's Defence

Witt? Leuluai? The guys with over 100 first grade games between them? Pick your comparisons a bit better.

Th club hasn't missed out on anything yet, when/if he signs elsewhere then go into mourning Ryan.

Ballin's Defence

Not mourning Bob, as plainly stated above. Just dissapointed we missed out on a good thing.

Ballin's Defence

Corso - to be fair to Ballin - you are pretty harsh on the bloke. I've seen him maybe 4-5 times this year alone, and in both halves, and frankly, he dominated those games.

I hadn't realised that you had attended that many games this year, nevertheless that is my view and you have your own opinion.

I have never said that Ballin is not good enough for NRL, (unlike what others have stated within these pages) but his consistency is just not there in PL. If he cannot be consistent in PL that lack of consistency will be magnified in the NRL.

So despite the ongoing campaign for his inclusion the coaching staff, who respectfully have a far greater insight into this players form than yourself have obvioulsy seen some issues within his game that do not warrant his inclusion in the NRL. As his major obstruction to the NRL side would appear to be Shane Dunley, whom I do not rate that highly it would seem that Ballin has some way to go before making the NRL team.

Ballin's Defence

i have heard from some of his clients that he is very happy in the area and at the club (they help out his personal fitness intructor job a lot), which is great but an first grade offer elsewhere will probably hold more weight.

My feeling is that we will be able to keep him for 2007 and re-sign for 08 with Dunners moving on.

Ballin's Defence

I have never said that Ballin is not good enough for NRL, (unlike what others have stated within these pages) but his consistency is just not there in PL. If he cannot be consistent in PL that lack of consistency will be magnified in the NRL.

That's not always the case. Jason Taylor was on NRL on Fox a couple of weeks ago speaking about Jarryd Hayne. He said that the class players lift when the competition gets tougher. Hayne wasn't carving PL up, but once he got his First Grade chance, well we've seen what's happened. So if Ballin carved against the Roosters first grade side, then this could be evidence that Ballin may just be what Taylor was talking about.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6