Bailey GONE !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevie

Reserve Grader
Sea Eagles Media Release
20/10/2010 11:30:44 AM
The Manly Sea Eagles have released utility player Chris Bailey from the final season of his contract to allow him to sign a three year deal in the English Super League with the London Harlequins.

Bailey joined Manly from the Newcastle Knights in 2009 and played 46 games in his two seasons with the club.

He has played five eighth, centre, lock and second row with the Sea Eagles.

Manly coach Des Hasler said the club was reluctantly releasing Bailey from the final season of his contract.

“Because of salary cap restraints we couldn’t offer Chris Bailey a future beyond next season but this opportunity gives him an exciting extension to his career.

“In his two seasons with Manly he has been a tremendous asset to our club and he goes with our best wishes. He is a terrific player to coach and his ability to play anywhere benefits any club he joins,” Hasler said.

Bailey said he would have liked to have had another season at Manly but couldn’t pass up the opportunity to miss out on the chance to extend his career in England.

The 28 year old said he had enjoyed his two seasons at Manly.

“They are a great club and I have made lots of close mates among the playing group. I wish them well for the future and will be following their progress closely,” Bailey said.

Bailey will replace a former Manly player – Luke Williamson – at the London based club. Williamson retired recently after a long career at Canberra, Adelaide and Manly.

For further information contact media manager Pete

Did he lose the goat pictures? ;)

More seriously good luck to him. Never was given a solid role with us and unfortunately never quite lived up to the potential he apparently came with. But he filled in anywhere when required so all the best. Hope he tears it up in England.

Is it just me or are we losing players without gaining many?

Who stole the photos of des and the goat

Post  automatically merged: [time]1287536277[/time]

Maybe we are making room to sign a HALF BACK

Like when any player goes, I am sad to see him go, and wish him the best. I hope this gives some of our younger players a reason and opportunity to stand up now

The Saddest part of that release is that Willo has retired, he was a part of the furniture and i'm sure was missed around the club, not so much for what he did on the field but the kind of guy he was.

willo is a legend, I met him at beavers benefit nite and you couldn't meet a nicer bloke with a great sense of humour.

Good luck Chris, and thanks for your efforts for Manly. If you read this just disregard the vocal minority who crap on about goats and the like. Some persons apparently require a whipping boy to make them feel better, and while you were at times a popular choice for that role I reckon you always gave your best and played a number of good games.

Sheikheagle link said:
willo is a legend, I met him at beavers benefit nite and you couldn't meet a nicer bloke with a great sense of humour.

Met him a few times, top class guy. And worked his heart out on the field, in everything.

Bailey's money will now be used to sign orford as our half back.

Rumour also had it that Matt Cross stole the goat photos from Bailey before the end of last season.

Can't help but see the irony of the original owner of the goat photos (Willo) being replaced with the current holder of said photos (Bailey). The only question that remains is who will Bailey be handing the photos onto ?

The Gronk link said:
I guess this frees up the coin to sign Leulaui.

He will be as useless as Bailey has been.Got to ask again were is the money another player gone ( I'm happy he is gone) and still the same rubbish from the club about salary cap. We cannot be on our cap with the sqad we have for next year I still believe we are on a restricted cap due to lack of finance.If we are on cap then the question has to be asked were we cheating when we won the comp?

Malcontents inevitably need someone to launch their self-hatred at.  Will look forward to the choice of next season's target.

tookey link said:
Bailey's money will now be used to sign orford as our half back.

Rumour also had it that Matt Cross stole the goat photos from Bailey before the end of last season.

I hope you're joking tookey.

We'll finally be in a position to move forward. The whole team will be rep level players & young blokes.

Most of the team will also now be local juniors or guys that have come through the grades at Manly.

T Rex will now be the utility and off that wing for sure.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4