Bailey and T-rex

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele link said:
T-Rex is a big unit.  If he learns how to hold onto the ball he will terrorize opposing players, as we saw him do for Tonga.  Probably best used as a shock weapon off the bench when all are fit.

Bailey has failed to impress, but he does have the ability to find the line from close range.  I wouldn't mind seeing Lyons go to 5/8th with Bailey at lock.

Who's your 11, 12 & 13 then mate?

Chock, Stewart, Bailey?

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=180082.msg218842#msg218842 date=1239537620]

Bailey has failed to impress, but he does have the ability to find the line from close range.  I wouldn't mind seeing Lyons go to 5/8th with Bailey at lock.

Then who plays centre instead of Lyon??? Bani, Neaumann T-rex or Bailey because they all sound like a worse solution than what we have now.
[/quote]

3 D Williams
4 Matai
5 Bani
6 Lyon
17 Bailey

Ryan link said:
Guys - this Kevin Iro thing. Can someone explain it to me please? I didn't support The Eagles back then - and don't know what your talking about???

Kevin Iro was billed as the next Mal Meninga when he came to Manly.  He was lazy and useless and had no ticker. 

Bailey was very good in defense. He puts pressure on Orford though. T Rex froze today and he is much better than he showed. Last year he played on the wing, though I saw him smash sides in the NYC in the centre. He will come good but needs to get his head right.

My problem is we execute Neumann, but tolerate Williams. Why? At least Neumann somewhat attacked.

Agree Tony Williams didn't have a real good game but it was his first game back since he played for the Peels I'm sure Des will get him firing he is quicker than  some think also i would have liked him to get more ball more than he did.

We excuted Sienfield because he was consistantly mediocre not just for one game and he was basically the sole reason for us loosing the panthers game.

Also it is more the fact that T-Rex will be a forward and his 'potential' is way ahead of Sienfield.

chrisos link said:
i actually meant to say
slickster,i think lyons impact in defence in the centres is second to none,if we decide not to play lyon there it could be detrimental to our side,he saved alot of tries for us today......
100%.
Defending at centre these days is no picnic. Wasn't that long ago Matai was being ridiculed by Manly fans for his decisions in defence, yet he is currently acknowledged as one of the best centres in the game. Lyon to stay at centre please.

Well T-Rex (aka Dino) can only get better and as has been said was having his first run in a while.

I thought Bailey was better and what strikes me about him is how hard he tries, which may also be the problem at the moment.

Lyon & Choc were fantastic and Glen Stewart did a heap of defence. Kite could be still a bit off mentally after the loss of his old man but not sure what Perry's excuse is.

All in all a good foundation to build the rest of the season on and Brett Stewart's return was far sweeter than anything Darell Lea could dish up. 

Utility Player link said:
Well T-Rex (aka Dino) can only get better and as has been said was having his first run in a while.

I thought Bailey was better and what strikes me about him is how hard he tries, which may also be the problem at the moment.

Lyon & Choc were fantastic and Glen Stewart did a heap of defence. Kite could be still a bit off mentally after the loss of his old man but not sure what Perry's excuse is.

All in all a good foundation to build the rest of the season on and Brett Stewart's return was far sweeter than anything Darell Lea could dish up.   

Absolutely. Its his over enthusiasm thats making his footy brain damp.

And its not hard to understand why this is, when you consider where he was prior to Manly and how he just walked into a premiership team and how his introduction has moved a world class player back to centre.

I believe he will become an excellent pivot for us.

In my view, Bailey had his most encouraging game for the club against the Tigers, and that includes the game where he scored two tries. He wasn't caught out on his heels in defence this week.

T-Rex has the same habit of being on his heels in defence (only more so), giving him the appearance of being lazy.  This habit was there last year, and was frequently targeted.  Moving him to the forwards seems a good response, to build up his fitness and involvement.

I wonder if the kid's being moved to top grade too quickly before he can adapt to increased demands. Is he going to beat himself up psychologically?  Ideally, love to see him have the experience of being a dominant player with sharp defence in lower grade before picking him in top grade again.

Ted Bear was crap today.  he gives away penalties and is running soft.  Put T-Rex into the front row for mine.

DSM5 link said:
Ted Bear was crap today.  he gives away penalties and is running soft.  Put T-Rex into the front row for mine.
  Yes, I have been thinking that Perry is starting to look like a Knight circa 2006/7.  Soft as pudding.  Seems he can only stay hungry footy wise for 12 months.  Then he just gets hungry.

T-Rex is definitely too slow and cumbersome to be a back, he is a back-rower. Bailey is not up to scratch yet, he really worries me.

When I watched the replay yesterday T-Rex didn't have that bad of a first half it was his second half that let him down. But that will come with match fitness. Still have my concerns with Bailey at 5/8 and another one is what was the deal with Bani the other day he seemed so slow and disinterested in the game  ???

Daring Eagle link said:
When I watched the replay yesterday T-Rex didn't have that bad of a first half it was his second half that let him down. But that will come with match fitness. Still have my concerns with Bailey at 5/8 and another one is what was the deal with Bani the other day he seemed so slow and disinterested in the game  ???

He wasnt given enough room.

Give him a enough room and get the ball too him earlier and he will blitz the opposition. problem is he was only given a tiny bit of room to run in, so he had to do his best to not go into touch

What was very weird about Bani on Sunday was when Lyon took the intercept and made that bust down field, Bani got there, and then strolled into the tackle like he'd done his hammy.  Why no fast veer infield?  I know he had to stop and collect the ball, but there was no sense of urgency about getting to the line.  We got the penalty, but they had a chance to set their defense as well.  Nothing came of it in the end.  Disappointing     

DSM5 link said:
What was very weird about Bani on Sunday was when Lyon took the intercept and made that bust down field, Bani got there, and then strolled into the tackle like he'd done his hammy.  Why no fast veer infield?  I know he had to stop and collect the ball, but there was no sense of urgency about getting to the line.  We got the penalty, but they had a chance to set their defense as well.  Nothing came of it in the end.  Disappointing     

I dont think there was any room from the camera angle they showed on 9 and fox. He just had no room there was less room inside than the touch line.

Lyon should have given it to Bani early and let that become a foot race

He couldn't because Bani was to slow to catch him and position himself on the inside.  By the time he caught up because Lyon slowed, there was a defender between them.  If Bani had of got his fast feet on, he could have got to the inside of Lyon and scooted off for a try.  Poor play.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8