Bailey and T-rex

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I won't agree with Williams not caring, the look on his face, and the frustration at dropping the balls counter that argument for me

We bought him as a back rower, and I think that is where his game will be for us.

Bailey, along with Nutz, am more than happy to leave him there and give him time. I believe he can develop quite well, like Lyon did. I am also looking at the bigger picture, and think we will be a far better all round side with Bailey at 6 and Lyon centre, rather than Lyon and 6 and whoever centre, we don't have another top line centre at the club like we did last season.

Sometimes people expect our new players to settle in far too quick imo. I recall people wanting Kite booted after his 1st season, and it took Lyon a season to get adjusted as well.

Both of these blokes I believe will be good players for Manly in the future

I agree that T Williams will be a backrower.  I definately think he cared about his mistakes but he showed little urgency to try and clean up some of his mistakes, his head just dropped.  If he does work out as a backrower JWH is killing in the 20's, he looked very good today.  Always the leading the way on kick chases, making some big hits in defence and some very strong runs.  I really want to see how he handles NRL. 

One thing about T-rex though, he is a freaking massive beast! If Des can get his head straight we will get more than adequate value out of him in the longer term.
The comparisons to Tony Iro are spot on. Hopefully the big plays end up out scoring the mistakes.

I should say that my confidence in Tony Williams comes from 1 thing, a game I saw him play against our under 20s last season. We dominated 65mins, then he basically won the match on his own with some outstanding play, I marked his name down then as a future NRL star, and was stoked when we signed him

Completely agree Berkely.  Bani really has very little idea when to run support so when the ball got out there we usually ran out of room.  He's quite flashy at times but then looks slow and ponderous.  Strange really.  I saw why Des put David Williams before Bani today.  Williams runs hard and straight.  Bani is slow, as was T-Rex.  Anyway a win and hopefully Des will put the boys through some hard yards this week.  They looked stuffed twenty minutes to go.  More cows blood needed.  

Have to admit, Bani looks as though the excitement of playing 1st grade has worn off him.

He's quick - but defensively poor, and now not running into holes like he 1st did. Reminds me of Scott Donald.

Tony Williams = Kevin Iro and Alex Corvo.   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PLenty big and plenty strong.  Can't play football though.

Guys - this Kevin Iro thing. Can someone explain it to me please? I didn't support The Eagles back then - and don't know what your talking about???

slickster71 link said:
It t-rex plays first grade again in the next month i will give up with
the amount of balls he dropped

T-rex is slow to turn and has the dropsies.

Bailey needs to go to the centres and jamie lyon closer to the action 5/8.
baileys reflexes for 5/8 are far to slow and his kicking game is not the best either. He blew to definate try just before half time

Glad to finially get a win today.
slickster,i think lyons impact in defence in the centres is second to none,if we decide not to play lyon there it could be detrimental to our side,he saved alot of tries for us today......

Both Iros, but probably Kevin more I suppose................such massive athletic units with sublime skills, but no heart. Could blow a game open with raw power and subtle touch, but 95% of the time would cruise along in 2nd gear. So much potential....so little delivered. Extremely frustrating to have in your team because you are constantly waiting for them to produce the things you know that they are capable of.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
And if wolfman played instead of bani we'd win by 50.How slow is bani there were a few occasions where he was of down the line only to be run down.

He just looked like he ran out of steam to me. Seems his fitness might be an issue.

C & C i couldn't believe the incident in the second half when lyon made the break & bani struggled to keep up with him & then when he recieved the he virtualy had no legs to keep going.

i actually meant to say
slickster,i think lyons impact in defence in the centres is second to none,if we decide not to play lyon there it could be detrimental to our side,he saved alot of tries for us today......

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
C & C i couldn't believe the incident in the second half when lyon made the break & bani struggled to keep up with him & then when he recieved the he virtualy had no legs to keep going.
it was the positioning of the play (he didnt over run the play),bani saved a couple of oppurtunities today ie in the last 10 minutes ,in saying that i think williams will be back in 2 weeks and will replace bani.!

T-Rex is a big unit.  If he learns how to hold onto the ball he will terrorize opposing players, as we saw him do for Tonga.  Probably best used as a shock weapon off the bench when all are fit.

Bailey has failed to impress, but he does have the ability to find the line from close range.  I wouldn't mind seeing Lyons go to 5/8th with Bailey at lock.

Back on t-rex it was bizzare late in that second half when he spilled the ball with about 10 minutes to go for about the 3rd time, you'd deadset think he was almost doing it on purpose.  

Matabele link said:
Bailey has failed to impress, but he does have the ability to find the line from close range.  I wouldn't mind seeing Lyons go to 5/8th with Bailey at lock.

Then who plays centre instead of Lyon??? Bani, Neaumann T-rex or Bailey because they all sound like a worse solution than what we have now.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4