Backline 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree but I would be surprised (actually shocked) if he plays there. He is also the best centre going around. There are very few players that can or should have a say in where they play. Killer is tops in that category.
I agree he doesn't want to play there, but I think he would be the best choice out of everyone, Lyon is a very smart footy player

2016 Round 1 team ?
2015 Round one game Parramatta 42 Manly 12

10384145_985418174844834_3453236779065951948_n.jpg

2016 Round 1 team ?

View attachment 2835
1.Stewart(vc)
2.Tafua
3.Lyon(c)(gk)
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Walker
7.Cherry-Evans(vc)
8.Trbojevic
9.Koroisau(gk)
10.Myles
11.Mateo
12.Buhrer
13.Taupau

14.Parcell (Interchange with Koroisau at the end of halves)
15.Lussick(Interchange with Myles and Taupau)
16.Brown (Interchange with Buhrer or Mateo)
17.Lawrence(Interchange with Trbojevic)

Sounds like TB is going with dual hookers plus I didn't expect api to be fit for round 1, looks as though he will be, I like his control he brings to a team.

2016 Round 1 team ?

View attachment 2835
The newspaper has not made a valid comparison 2015/16 because we had players like Taufua and Matai out for round 1 in 2015 - and who knows what the situation may be for round 1 in 2016?

The two full strength backlines are similar, theoretically weaker with the million dollar man replaced by a relative cheapie in Walker.

But our forwards and bench certainly look significantly stronger in 2016. Well done Bozo & co.

The newspaper has not made a valid comparison 2015/16 because we had players like Taufua and Matai out for round 1 in 2015 - and who knows what the situation may be for round 1 in 2016?

The two full strength backlines are similar, theoretically weaker with the million dollar man replaced by a relative cheapie in Walker.

But our forwards and bench certainly look significantly stronger in 2016. Well done Bozo & co.
1.Snake/Snake
2.Tafua/Tafua
3.Lyon/Lyon
4.Matai/Matai
5.Hiku/Trbojevic
6.Foz/Walker
7.Chez/Chez

New one is better IMO more strike power and speed

I think our first choice 2016 backline is pretty much set right now. Of course form, injuries and having to cover the possible loss of rep players will also come into play. But for now I think we can safely say that barring any pre-season injuries our 1-7 for the opening round against the Scumdogs will be:

Brett Stewart, Jorge Taufua, Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai, Tom Trbojevic, Dylan Walker, Daly Cherry-Evans.

How the forwards will line up is anyone's guess, though I'm predicting the front row will be Myles, Koroisau and Jake Trbojevic

I think our first choice 2016 backline is pretty much set right now. Of course form, injuries and having to cover the possible loss of rep players will also come into play. But for now I think we can safely say that barring any pre-season injuries our 1-7 for the opening round against the Scumdogs will be:

Brett Stewart, Jorge Taufua, Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai, Tom Trbojevic, Dylan Walker, Daly Cherry-Evans.

How the forwards will line up is anyone's guess, though I'm predicting the front row will be Myles, Koroisau and Jake Trbojevic

I agree, the backline is pretty much set. As for the front row, the only change I'd consider is Parcell being the starting 9 for round one. Reason being is that Koroisau will only have just returned from a shoulder reco and will take a couple weeks to move back to the starting 9.

(Walker usually played right centre at Souths, hence a couple of run-ins with Matai and Taufua on our left))

I think we had the best backline in the game the last few years, and I actually think the one listed above is beyond that if at all possible. ok, we've lost Wolfman & Foran, but gained Trbojevic and Walker.

I'm so excited for next season.

I think we had the best backline in the game the last few years, and I actually think the one listed above is beyond that if at all possible. ok, we've lost Wolfman & Foran, but gained Trbojevic and Walker.

I'm so excited for next season.

As much as we loved the Wolfman (ok, most of us did), I think I'd rather have Tommy on the wing for now until Snake retires and he moves to FB.

Dylan Walker is virtually untried at 5/8 in first grade, though lets be honest, in Trent Barrett he wouldn't have a better coach in the NRL to guide him in the position. TB was a Kangaroos pivot after all. And even if he doesn't work out at pivot, Barrett can always swap him with Killer who has had previous success in the #6.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4