Backline 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
Now that Walker has been signed, this is my predicted Manly Backline for 2016!

1. B.Stewart (VC)
2. J.Taufua
3. D.Walker
4. S.Matai
5. T.Trbojevic
6. J.Lyon (C) (Converter)
7. DCE

We always seem to have a good backline! We have plenty of speed and attacking ability! Tim Moltzen can be our back-up for all positions in the backline! He can be our utility like Peta Hiku was!

Tim Moltzens positions:
image.png

This is the way I would have it! I think Penn have other ideas!

Now that Walker has been signed, this is my predicted Manly Backline for 2016!

1. B.Stewart (VC)
2. J.Taufua
3. D.Walker
4. S.Matai
5. T.Trbojevic
6. J.Lyon (C) (Converter)
7. DCE

We always seem to have a good backline! We have plenty of speed and attacking ability! Tim Moltzen can be our back-up for all positions in the backline! He can be our utility like Peta Hiku was!

Tim Moltzens positions:
View attachment 2824

This is the way I would have it! I think Penn have other ideas!
Lyon won't be 5/8 he doesn't want to be. Walker will be 5/8

Back up-
Fullback-Moltzen/Trbojevic
Wing-Moltzen/Green/Lavaka/Goodall/Satini
Centre-Brown/Moltzen/Williame/Trbojevic/Satini/Green/Lavaka
Halves-Moltzen/John/Koroisau/Lyon

First choices
Fullback-Trbojevic
Wing-Moltzen
Centre-Brown
Halves-John

Seriously what a backline! For the last couple of years its been said we have the best backline in the comp, is there one better?

Snake, Taufau, Matai, Killer, Turbo, Walker, DCE

Wow! Whilst I am sure Walker will take time, we have a centre who can kick and play a 5/8 style role during the match.

Seriously what a backline! For the last couple of years its been said we have the best backline in the comp, is there one better?

Snake, Taufau, Matai, Killer, Turbo, Walker, DCE

Wow! Whilst I am sure Walker will take time, we have a centre who can kick and play a 5/8 style role during the match.

I'm pretty sure DCE will do most of the organisational play, kicking etc. Walker will adopt a running 5/8 role. Also does have some good ball skills. He has the speed to show and go and get around an opponent and enough ball skills to lay it onto Lyon, Matai etc when an overlap presents itself. He has stated his preferred position is 5/8. Where he played all of his junior football.

Lyon is the better option
I agree but I would be surprised (actually shocked) if he plays there. He is also the best centre going around. There are very few players that can or should have a say in where they play. Killer is tops in that category.

the best thing is we have depth and variety and most importantly options for all positions. I think the shackles of uncertainty that wrecked the last part of 14 and 15 are soon to be a memory.

if we cop injuries like last year it wont look very good.

Snake
Tafua
Williame
Lewis
Turbo Jnr
Moltzen
DCE

Braith Anasta had Nathan Green on the wing in his Manly team on fox last night.

Maybe he has some inside information from Baz?

Do we really want Walker doing all the tackling that a 5/8 does? He's no Foran in defence.

Dylan Walker is very aggressive in defence and very strong. It's not like he is Luke Brooks or Mitchell Moses; he will more than handle the workload. Also remember the Roosters won a premiership with James Maloney at 5/8 (and a little help from the referees) so it could be much worse!

if we cop injuries like last year it wont look very good.

Snake
Tafua
Williame
Lewis
Turbo Jnr
Moltzen
DCE
Look on the bright side this would be worse...
Tom T
Green
Brown
Satini
Wiliame
Johns/Wright/forgotten Walker (Johnny)
Moltzen
:eek:

Dylan Walker is very aggressive in defence and very strong. It's not like he is Luke Brooks or Mitchell Moses; he will more than handle the workload. The Roosters won a premiership with James Maloney at 5/8 so it could be much worse!
don't really recall seeing much of Walker playing except for one game a year or so ago when he completely nullified Jamie Lyon

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8