Back in the limelight again?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Willams feels villified by the remark then he should seek redress through a solicitor.

Leaking details of board meetings to the media is not the way to go.

Whoever leaked the information should resign now as most of us are sick of reading this crap about board squabbles in the media.

COMMANDER said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
I call people boy all the time

But Penn doesn't help himself saying "I've dealt with your kind before" etc so you'd think the remark wasn't all that innocent

Could have been making reference to a million things other than his race.

True, but an ordinary comment regardless to a bloke who has spilt blood and won a premiership with this club.

Things like this should come out, stuff confidentiality.

Rick and Sean should both come out and do a formal apology and Rick should resign immediately!

Its absolutely not on, and to say "we don't know the context" is laughable.

To refer to someone as "sport", "champ", "tiger" is a way of positioning yourself above someone and demeaning them. To call someone of Aboriginal or African American decent "boy" is to do the same but with the weight of history behind you.

Its really poor form!

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
All that matters is that Darrell was sufficiently offended by the remark. If he asked for an apology and it wasn't forthcoming than that is poor form from the Penn/s. In my opinion there is sufficient history of connotation with that particular word that it seems like an odd choice to use in the context of a board room meeting.

Exposing racism is always appropriate.

Williams has done that.

He has also provided other information by way of 'background' and this is why he is now wearing some criticism. Rightly or wrongly. I don't care so much about that, he would hardly be the first Sea Eagles board member to speak out of school, and I suppose at least he has done it openly, not covertly.

Bottom line is that in our club racism of any form should not be tolerated. Particularly at the very top of the organisation. Wouldn't it be a simple matter for Penn to apologise, unless he really meant to cause offence?

In my opinion, there has been wrong done by both sides. Rick Penn did the wrong with what he said and Scott Penn, in his position as the MWSE Chairman, should have pulled his Dad up.

Maybe Scott didn't pull his Dad up at the time because he took offense that Darrell had brought up the original complaint against him for the "unauthorised conversation with a media outlet that centred, not for the first time, on Scott's disregard for our media protocols in place to prevent this from happening" comment.

Both Penns should have and should still apologise.

Darrell Williams did the wrong thing by going to the media before exhausting all other options to rectify the matter. The question that I ask is, did Darrell also break the same media protocols that he picked Scott Penn for by going to the press or was his complaint to the press authorised?

The individual's right to fight discrimination, can not be compared to a Businessman airing Board matters in the Media .

It is sad that in the 21st Century, unity is still to be achieved :(

Hope the Penns apologise before arriving in NZ !

The whole world has gone mad!

Disco said:
To refer to someone as "sport", "champ", "tiger" is a way of positioning yourself above someone and demeaning them.

As a totally PC person of the 21st century (lol), I just wish people would take responsibility of their own actions.

And others not tiddle-taddle to a grown up, 'cos there appears to be only a few of them left in our world

Total bullsh1t we have come down to....Why has it taken 8 weeks for this to come out...Just convenient Daryl to pick this week....If hes upset by it sort it out, but I think it all could be handled much much better....
Ive been called an aussie pig before by another race...I didn't call mum, I belted him...Job done.
I am really getting sick and tired of all the dobbers....lets all get on with life together...

Frogz said:
Total bullsh1t we have come down to....Why has it taken 8 weeks for this to come out...Just convenient Daryl to pick this week....If hes upset by it sort it out, but I think it all could be handled much much better....
Ive been called an aussie pig before by another race...I didn't call mum, I belted him...Job done.
I am really getting sick and tired of all the dobbers....lets all get on with life together...

So you are saying Williams should have belted Penn?

That's fantastic advice, hey maybe goodsy should have belted that 13 year old girl as well.

Williams is not in the wrong here, Penn is!

NO but he should of sorted the issues out in house.....like big boys....
I cant see how calling a man boy, apart from being demeaning, is anything like what the 13 year old said or what Eddie said to Goodsy....

Play like grown ups not like little boys in the playground is what Im saying about the Manly board....

And now on Facebook...dysfunctional board...bla bla bla.....we can make ourselves look stupid in the front office

What in the actual ****?

I'm going to go with benefit of the doubt
Boy is an American term as far as racism goes
The Penns are ****ing precocious little twats though so who knows what he meant by it,Max must be giggling his ass off about it

In my opinion Williams has pulled the race card because he plain hates the Penns, which he has every right to do because he's been condescended to in one way or another

And without the Penns, Cherry, you would have sweet FA to cheer for....
That does not mean they can do what they want....but not liking them is not the basis for hanging them....PUBLICLY.

And F**king precocious twats is OK.....or depends on where you were born

Lol says a lot about the state of our society when calling someone else boy makes the news. I think giving attention to 'racism' over and over does more harm than good, even if it does make great reading.

Frogz said:
And without the Penns, Cherry, you would have sweet FA to cheer for....
That does not mean they can do what they want....but not liking them is not the basis for hanging them....PUBLICLY.

And F**king precocious twats is OK.....or depends on where you were born
The owner of URM wants to buy us

But you would have had know one with out the Penns you F**king precocious twat.....sorry boy

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6