Axed Marshall shopped to rival clubs for this season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The club should have never signed DCE to this lifetime deal. Short kicking game is atrocious, never runs the line, and stiffles the attack. What upsets me is you have players on half his salary looking alot better and kicking game is spot on most of the time.
I think it was warranted back at the time. However, in saying that, I genuinely believe the Trent Barrett years have corrupted his game and therefore agree that yes it was a poor value-for-money deal (albeit necessary at the time and could've been awesome with a strong coach/squad). The old Dce is still there, we see it often but only in glimpses (typically when we begin dominating games and pressure is off him). Next to a genuine halfback, one with experience, a kicking game and a strong ability to straighten the attack (Screams foz to me), he will be able to grow into his old shoes and begin stamping his footprint in our attack again.

The sooner he isn't forced to organise, the sooner he destroys opposition again and the sooner his short and long kicking game can become less forced and rushed.

I just think the stars could be aligning, it all points toward the fact we need to bring in a genuine halfback. This season is a major hint that we need to take, it could be defining how we maneouvre here I feel (even though it sounds i'm being dramatic). DCE is worth the money when he is able to be himself. Otherwise, without bringing in the neccessary support for him he will only be valuable in a leadership and defencive capacity.

Agree and thats why we need to get him a decent organiser with a good kicking game. Blake Green like..

I think it was warranted back at the time. However, in saying that, I genuinely believe the Trent Barrett years have corrupted his game and therefore agree that yes it was a poor value-for-money deal (albeit necessary at the time and could've been awesome with a strong coach/squad). The old Dce is still there, we see it often but only in glimpses (typically when we begin dominating games and pressure is off him). Next to a genuine halfback, one with experience, a kicking game and a strong ability to straighten the attack (Screams foz to me), he will be able to grow into his old shoes and begin stamping his footprint in our attack again.

The sooner he isn't forced to organise, the sooner he destroys opposition again and the sooner his short and long kicking game can become less forced and rushed.

I just think the stars could be aligning, it all points toward the fact we need to bring in a genuine halfback. This season is a major hint that we need to take, it could be defining how we maneouvre here I feel (even though it sounds i'm being dramatic). DCE is worth the money when he is able to be himself. Otherwise, without bringing in the neccessary support for him he will only be valuable in a leadership and defencive capacity.
No

if thats your opinion of dce can you tell me what you think of ben hunt & his pay packet?

Ben hunt and DCE have something in common. They signed mega rich deals with desperate clubs with no plan B . The size of there contracts bring expectations because of cap space not earnings.

They have made there own beds and are the only ones that can change it.
Either by producing consistent form, or being ballsy enough to renegotiate there expectations .
Both players are worthy but are under pressure not because of there form but because they dont provide value.
Sure they are entitled to the deal in good fairh but it brings demands
On 650 k everyone is praising hunts durability and chezs commitment
Its that simple

Contracts as opposed to ability is why many players and there families are shipped overseas

What's up with DCE this year he's been mediocre at best and MIA at worst this year. By no means am I saying we don't need him or whatever but really needs to find something over these next few weeks. At least start with some better attacking kicks by being in position to take the kick on the last tackle and occasionally taking the line on.

I totally agree Benji would add something to this team. That's a sad indictment on our current halves who have looked disorganised all year even when we were somehow winning games.

Considering it's public knowledge manly have enquired about marshalls services it's clear that people in power know we have an issue in the playmaking areas. And I for one am happy we are on the front foot and being somewhat proactive about it

I think DCE always gets pumped after a bad game and then the same ppl call him a Maestro after kicking a winning FG or solid attack after a win.
He is good, very good...he has had some ordinary games also...but in reality this bloke is the Qld and Aussie 7 so he must go alright yeh ??
It's a funny game - look at every team atm week to week and the momentum and attitudes vary greatly, effecting the halves performances.
Make no mistake, DCE has an issue of overplaying his hand and often forgets to paddle when the ship is sinking, playing a bit lateral and like he has the world on his shoulders...but I never see the bloke throw in the towel and give up...and that I respect every day of the week.
Back to Marshall - I would prefer Schuster get a run.....if it was Maloney for the rest of 2020 and given the current circumstances, would rubber stamp it...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4