Away bays vs Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chuckee

Formerly CJAeagle
Hey all, I’ve just had an inspection of the tickets available vs Parra next week. There is only one away bay that has been allocated and looks to be in the top tier in 209.

Just wondering if anyone has got tickets and which bay(s) so we can actually have decent contingent of us amongst them.

1620826731949.png

Two things I don't get.

1) Doesn't anyone but me have their phone charged over 40%? and,

2) Who sets the away bay and do they deliberately make it crappy for visitors?

I do understand that parra sucks.

(sorry OP, I'm obv not going but it's a good idea. Everyone buy tix to a decent bay!)

2) Who sets the away bay and do they deliberately make it crappy for visitors?

Not every club does - I remember always getting fairly decent seats in the away bays at the old SFS - basically the same as the home supporters, on the opposite side of the halfway line.

But Parramatta are serial offenders - we got stung one year after they’d done one of their endless renovations before WankBest. Seats right in a corner, couldn’t see a bloody thing, and advertising covering the screen at our end. Paid for tickets to watch the game at a distance on the big screen at the far end of the field, basically.

Not every club does - I remember always getting fairly decent seats in the away bays at the old SFS - basically the same as the home supporters, on the opposite side of the halfway line.

But Parramatta are serial offenders - we got stung one year after they’d done one of their endless renovations before WankBest. Seats right in a corner, couldn’t see a bloody thing, and advertising covering the screen at our end. Paid for tickets to watch the game at a distance on the big screen at the far end of the field, basically.

It just seems ridiculously petty and not conducive to grow the game which the nrl head honchos always seem to be striving for.

Maybe they do it so they can continue the 'manly fans don't travel' drivel. But not travelling to Parra is probably seen as a good thing!

Growing up pre internet, and not from a footballing family, and basically under a rock like the Fraggles, I didn't even know there was a supporters' bay. So I watched a few games just anywhere in the crowd.

Stadiums or ticket sellers should have some responsibility not to dud customers like you were.

edit: It's 3am over there... go to sleep! Like, I mean, stay up if you wanna, but if you're just at work or bored... then snooze away!

It just seems ridiculously petty and not conducive to grow the game which the nrl head honchos always seem to be striving for.

Maybe they do it so they can continue the 'manly fans don't travel' drivel. But not travelling to Parra is probably seen as a good thing!

Growing up pre internet, and not from a footballing family, and basically under a rock like the Fraggles, I didn't even know there was a supporters' bay. So I watched a few games just anywhere in the crowd.

Stadiums or ticket sellers should have some responsibility not to dud customers like you were.

edit: It's 3am over there... go to sleep! Like, I mean, stay up if you wann,a but if you're just at work or bored... then snooze away!

Haha, I’m at work - can’t sleep on the job here unfortunately!

What about at the titans, stuck behind the goal posts but the rest of the stadium empty. It usually pretty rubbish down in Melb as well

Luckily bankwest is actually unreal to watch from mostly anywhere, that bay will have good views and can get some good atmosphere happening. It was more the fact that we only got 1 bay.

Hate parra, but fair play to them if they can fill their stadium with their fans and limit the away to as little as possible.

Luckily bankwest is actually unreal to watch from mostly anywhere, that bay will have good views and can get some good atmosphere happening. It was more the fact that we only got 1 bay.

Hate parra, but fair play to them if they can fill their stadium with their fans and limit the away to as little as possible.

Wish we got the same bays we had for the Tigers game - they gave us 5! Hopefully the Doggies do the same.

But yep the atmosphere in our bay will be great

5 of us in bay 209 as well!

Went to the tigers game, and got tix right on the half way line, and were surrounded by Tigers fans who were filthy with our constant standing up and cheering. The Manly bays were going off!

Glad to be back with the Manly faithful for the Parra game though! Lets fill the bay up!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4