Australian Open

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Dont know if anyone caught Hewits match last night?

I caught the end of the 4th set and the start of the 5th after I got home from work. (had to go for a run so missed the end of the match)

After that come back and playing with that injury, how do you think Hewit will go?

And what about Molik, she is a freak.

I think he needed a hard fought 5 setter. I got to watch the whole match and he was really down and out. He wasn' playing like the usual hewit but that was a massive comback if you had seen the second, third and half the fourth than you would realise just how bad he was getting smashed. That game will have helped his preperation for his coming games against the likes of federer, agasi, rodick and the like. He will go alright but Im not sure if he's in good enough form to win the title.

I have been watching molike over a couple of months and she surprises me. All the talk of how crap our female tennis players are and in the background she is just toiling away wining minor titles and improving her ranking. Its unfortunate that she is only being noticed by the right people since winning the Medibank Private Champ and now making it so far in the Aus open.

I love tennis and either way, its looking great for the aussies at the moment.

i dont usually watch tennis but hewits come back yesterday will do the guy wonders.

his match on saturday night didnt look too crash hot either I think his next game will be a cracker

He twinged his hammy and groin in the second set so I suppose his recovery from the minor injury will affect his results a bit too. But I think your right. He will come out firing on all cylenders in his next match.

What about the game today though. It will be a cracker. Federer v Aggasi!!!

Im sure bec can help him witht he twinged groin

He did well but got a bit lucky - it seemed the young guy got a big case of the nerves towards the end of the 4th set.

I wish our players had half the will to win for Manly that Hewitt has with his tennis. We'd have made the finals last year if they did.

Molik is a late bloomer. She's bulked up a lot in the last twelve months. Maybe she's been hanging out with the Australian cyclists? Her run of form did start at the Olympics.

Your not wrong about the passion

Molik has the strongest grip of all the females - yes above the williams sisters. Some uni did a test over in the US. She is about 6 foot and a rather large build. Her fitness has improved, but so has her confidence - it seems that has a lot to do with it in tennis.

Yes im sure you have a stronger grip than she does with all your practise. Hmmm what did the pole have as pront runner again?? :wink:

Little Hewy is a champion I love his attitude.

Molik is a very fine player and will be in the top 3 before the end of the year!

I was down in Melbourne for the first 3 days of the tournament & saw some great tennis . I believe whoever wins the Federer / Hewitt semi final will take the title . Federer will give Agassi a Rogering tonight & Hewitt should be too strong for Nalbandian when they meet tomorrow. In the womens draw , I think whoever wins today out of Jungle Bunny # 2 ( S . Williams ) & Mauresmo will take the title. Davenport will beat Alicia Molic in straight sets.

Interesting call Chuckwood. I tend to agree about the women's draw comments. Hewitt is not certainty to beat Nalbandian - Wimbledon was a long time ago and Nalbandian is playing great tennis. You haven't mentioned Roddick!

Federer is too good at the moment. He will take it. Only compedator is hewit because of his speed. Running down Federers freakish shots.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4