Australia v Pakistan Test series: 2019-2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sup baseballers!

Pakistan won the toss for the first test at the Gabba and chose to bat first.

Seems like they had a good start with the first wicket falling at 75.

Then lost 6 for 68. That last dismissal....even the aussie commentators thought it was a no ball.

Hi ge
(hello)

Annnd Pakistan all gone for 240. I'm interested in seeing how this 16 year old bowler goes tomorrow (today).

Hi ge
(hello)

Annnd Pakistan all gone for 240. I'm interested in seeing how this 16 year old bowler goes tomorrow (today).

Same. Hopefully not too well though.

Hope he's the best of the Paki bowlers, but hopefully not good enough for our batsmen.

I think it's pretty cool they're giving a 16 year old a bash. I just hope it doesn't stunt his cricketing development in any way.

Hooray! Flat track bully!

I guess not everyone can be like the BCCI and refuse to play at Brisbane and Perth.

Also, I didn't realise Tim Paine was as old as he was. 34! I mean he is older than Steve Smith(30) but Paine looks 11 and smith 13.

Burns unlucky not to get a ton. He and Warner love the Gabba, 3 opening partnerships there have netted 161, 237 and now 222. Warner may be on track to get his second career double ton, as the batting tomorrow is going to be pretty ideal. Flat track,, hard new ball and an attack that doesn't look like it's doing much. I think we'll only be batting once in this test, we bat through the day and we should be 400 ahead at stumps

Didn't bank on Smith only getting 4.

Pakis already 3 down so long odds on us having to bat a second time.

Well done Marnus

Marnus seems the real deal. I can scarcely recall when Australia last had a settled top order but may be coming together at last.

Let's see how Warner goes for rest of the summer first before we get too carried away. I like Burns and I like Marnus, and of course Smith is a lock

Test two is underway at pretty ol Adelaide.

Aust win the toss, decide to bat and are looking forward to another mammoth opening stand.

Oops, nope

1-8 Boo-urns out for 4.

Warner should just refuse to go on overseas tours. I'd love to know what his home vs away average is. Another pounding of a poor Pakistani attack. I wasn't a fan of him coming back into the side after sandpaper gate and after The Ashes is was looking like he wouldn't last long, but 500 runs on 2 digs and he aint going anywhere for a while,

Thought Paine may have given him a shot at the 400, but wasn't to be. Not sure of the significance of just letting him knock off Tubby and The Don, why not the 350 ??

wow Aust, you're letting a tail ender get a century.

that's really foot on the throat stuff!

Get a wicket ya toss pots!

Babar gone, so can't see much resistance from the rest. Yasir won't get another ton to save them.

Should be all over today if the weather holds.

Then off to Perth for another Day Nighter against the Kiwis. Hopefully Boult is fit. He and Southee with the pink ball under lights will be something to see.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4