Aust v SL 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree Kiwi, although Burns, Head and Patterson have boosted their averages, they still had to go out there and get them. Perhaps it is more telling who couldn’t get runs against this pretty average Sri Lankan attack.

FWIW, My squad for the Ashes is (assuming 15 man squad) (as a Kiwi, you probably aren’t much interested!):
Warner
Burns
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Patterson
Wade
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Richardson
Hazlewood
Tremain
Lyon
Holland

Harris and Labuschagne haven’t made the most of their opportunities so Warner and Smith come in for them. I don’t like Wade but you can’t argue with his numbers. Second spinner is weak, I’d even consider taking Lloyd Pope as He is the best youngster going around.

Take an interest in all cricket mate, love the Ashes but the hours my 1 year old is keeping these days will make it hard to see a lot lol

Harris hasn’t looked any bit an international cricketer

We looked outstanding against Sri Lanka, set a new world record for runs in a 3 match series, then India turned up and turned us over comfortably in 3 games

As an aside I watch the big bash every year, and the standard of batting overall in that this year has been extremely poor compared to other years. I remember the years growing up where the Australia A team included the likes of Hayden, Martyn, Lehmann, Di Venuto, Siddons etc

Same here - I even get into Sheffield Shield! I’d actually go as far as to say that cricket is my favourite sport but Manly is my favourite team to follow in all sports, if that makes sense.

As for what you say about the Big Bash, I agree. I’ve actually enjoyed the women’s big bash more than the men’s this year. Some of the bowling with the men’s has been pretty good, but what is clear is that the depth of talent isn’t there like it used to be. I will be interested to see how Sangha, Pucovski and Philippe come on though, they seem to have a bit of talent (Pucovski obviously given he made the Test match squad for the Sri Lanka series).

Aust wrap up test 2.

Starc 10 for 100. Nice and metric!

Happy to take a win with an eye on the work still remaining ahead.

Big Bash is suffering from a lack of star power this year. No big international names really, and none of the first string Aussies are allowed to play. Bit ho hum.

The fact that the Sixers have exceeded my pre tournament expectations is keeping my interest though. Have been to most of their games so far, and hoping for a home final if we can knock off Stars

How the hell has this woeful Lanka lineup just gone and won a series in South Africa?!?!
I was thinking the same thing!
I guess sport is a funny thing. The first test they were odds on to lose and then they had that 10th wicket, second innings partnership to win the game. From there, it seems they got a huge shot in the arm. Good on the Lankans!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2