Aussie Summer 2022/23

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
@Clint I don't know mate. I don't think they have released actual dates for the upcoming summer. There's a massive amount of cricket on because of the T20 world cup at end of year.

All I know is we are playing Windies and Saffers in test series. Normally the Sydney test starts around the 3rd or 4th of January, but it can be a day or two later.

We haven't played South Africa at SCG for over 10 years. I'm looking forward to it. They have been doing their own boxing day test tradition for a few years now and haven't toured here over Xmas / New Year for quite a while. We haven't played them at all since the sandpaper scandal which was 4 years ago - my how time flies

Bencher
I think I am going to try and cross something off the bucket list next year - watching a test in India. Just need to get it past the Chair of the Ranga Household Investment Committee.

Premium Member
@Clint I don't know mate. I don't think they have released actual dates for the upcoming summer. There's a massive amount of cricket on because of the T20 world cup at end of year.

All I know is we are playing Windies and Saffers in test series. Normally the Sydney test starts around the 3rd or 4th of January, but it can be a day or two later.

We haven't played South Africa at SCG for over 10 years. I'm looking forward to it. They have been doing their own boxing day test tradition for a few years now and haven't toured here over Xmas / New Year for quite a while. We haven't played them at all since the sandpaper scandal which was 4 years ago - my how time flies
I'm hoping for a start date of the 3rd to minimise travel/work disruption, but I'm tipping it'll be the 5th, given that's the Thursday. Needing dates so that I can book flights ✈️

Premium Member
I think I am going to try and cross something off the bucket list next year - watching a test in India. Just need to get it past the Chair of the Ranga Household Investment Committee.
Nice. That'd be an experience for sure. I would love to go to Sri Lanka. Not only to see the country but to incorporate a cricket tour. Couldn't pull it off this year as eyeing off next year's Ashes in the UK!

Bencher
Nice. That'd be an experience for sure. I would love to go to Sri Lanka. Not only to see the country but to incorporate a cricket tour. Couldn't pull it off this year as eyeing off next year's Ashes in the UK!
Sri Lanka would be unreal, and I have heard amazing things about it as a country to visit. But I think this year could be a bit dicey - the economic crisis is causing a lot of political and social unrest - and I would not be surprised if our tour is cancelled.

Next year's Ashes would be great though - we are a good chance if we manage to have an opener who can score runs in the UK... I hope you make it there!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 174 18
10 8 2 199 16
10 7 3 126 14
11 7 4 52 14
10 6 4 53 12
10 6 4 51 12
10 6 4 46 12
10 5 5 21 10
10 5 5 -38 10
10 4 6 -53 8