Attention Scott Penn and management

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cf2 is back

Reserve Grader
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/tinklers-great-ticket-giveaway-20110415-1dhrr.html

Tinkler is one smart guy and this is exactly what we need to do at Brookie.

It doesn't have to be as low as Tinkler's giveaway prices, in fact even if it was $40 for a family of 4 that would still be a fantastic deal, and how good would it be to see families absolutely packing out Brookie for EVERY home game.

Mate, that's because Tinkler would subsidise The Knights cashflow for the reduced amounts.

I don't think Penn, or Quantum have that capacity $$$ wise to be honest.

Northern Beaches residents are an interesting lot as well. Regardless of the ticket price, I personally believe "almost" a similar amount of people would go either way.

I agree with cf2. When the ground is consistently full, then you can consider raising the price. I am sceptical of the basis for Ryan's view that more wouldn't come if the cost was not a factor. There are plenty of people on the northern beaches who count their pennies.

Am I missing something Ryan?

If 5,000 more people turn up to Brookie because it's suddenly so much more affordable for general entry tickets, especially for heavily discounted family deals, how are we losing?

Isn't it all bonus income we would otherwise never make because those 5,000 people would otherwise sit at home watching it on tv?

What's our average Brookie crowd these days? 13,000 max? How do we lose by making it possible to turn our average into 18,000?

I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years and I remember what the atmosphere was like when we had huge crowds packing Brookie.

Management talk about wanting "the fortress" back. Surely packing the ground would heavily contribute to this. The players grow a foot taller when there's a massive home crowd.

if prices were cheaper

instead of ave 11,450 we would probably ave over 16k and bigger crowds look better

that goes with food and drink as well,more people cheaper prices you sell more

stats

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/summary.html#teams

I am with Ryan on that one tinklers pockets are a lot deeper than Penn & co and it is neither viable or sustainable to discount further. I have had a GA season ticket for about 5 years and they have already been discounted heavily this year and at approx $14 a game they are a bargain!"

Sheikheagle - please explain why "it is neither viable or sustainable to discount further"

Does it cost money to have 5,000 more on the hill?

Surely this makes money?

I personally think that our area is quite affluent. I just think the "majority" of people wouldn't squabble over say 6 bucks a week?

Ok, some might...but is it the ticket price that is really the important factor here? Could it be food prices? Could it be transport cost?

Lets be real, if your going to the footy, your generally spending circa 50 odd bucks for the night as an individual with food / drink / travel / ticket cost. I don't know if increasing that overall (and pretty low) cost (or decreasing it) would be the maker or breaker???

Just my opinion.

Food & Beverage Price List
Tooheys New $5.50
XXXX Gold Mid Strength $5.30
Hahn Light $4.80
Smirnoff & Dry Mid Strength $8.00
Canadian Club & Dry Mid Strength $8.00
Wine By The Glass $5.00
Jim Beam Mid Strength $8.00
Crisps $2.80
Nuts $3.50
Carry Trays $0.60
Soft Drinks - 600ml $4.50
Mt Franklin Water $4.00
Hot Chips $4.80
Meat Pies $4.50
Hot Dogs $4.80
Fish & Chips $8.50
Spring Rolls $3.50
Streets Magnum $4.50
Streets Cornetto $4.50

Smirnoff & Dry Mid Strength $8.00
Canadian Club & Dry Mid Strength $8.00
Jim Beam Mid Strength $8.00

LoL

Ryan the point of this post is that:

a) Tinkler's cheap family discount prices is a very smart move
b) The Brookie 11k crowd average is very poor
c) How can we lose money if we put 5,000 more (largely families) on the hill each week and raise our average to 16k for home games
d) Whilst you and I can afford going to Brookie at any price there are 1000's of families out there (yes even in God's country) who on the whole figure it's just too expensive to take the family to the footy at upwards of $100 - but as Tinkler will prove up there - these families may well change their minds fast for a $40 family pass

Discounting prices doesn't always increase your profit as it can of course dilute it?

We are very close to 10,000 members - the first time ever that I can remember that happening.

It would appear the club is doing something right and there are fans that see value in the offering?

It's worth mentioning that kids under 9 can get a free (as in zero cost?) GA season ticket.

A 3 match GA flexi pass for an adult is only $55 ($18 a game) and $30 for kids over 9 ($10) a game

A family 3 match pass works out at $51.66 for 2 adults and 2 kids

So the club does offer great deals for families already

http://membership.manlyseaeagles.com.au/which-membership-for-me/

Also, any kid from the area that plays junior footie gets a free pass to games any way?

My family GA season pass cost me $450 so $45 a game - not too far from the $40 you mentioned and of course the club offered an Easy Eagle flexi pay to help spread the cost?

To off-set food and drink costs if the budget is tight - eat before you go and take some bottled water and snacks and a [/u]few treats in a bag for the kids

From the club website
http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=venue-info
No Commercial Food Policy

Patrons are not permitted to bring Food or beverage products packaged or purchased at commercial outlets outside the ground eg. Fast foods such as KFC, McDonalds, Chickens Plus, Subway and any canned soft drinks. Patrons are allowed to bring in homemade and packaged food such as sandwiches, fruit, biscuits, lollies, chocolates, cakes, crisps, provided they are for individual consumption and are packaged appropriately. Unopened non-alcoholic beverages such as milk, juice, water and alike at or less than 600ml (not packaged in glass) for individual consumption are permitted, Tea, Coffee and soups in thermoses are acceptable (though will be checked)Patrons will generally be advised to dispose of such items or will have the items confiscated prior to entering the venue. This does not apply to food or beverages for patrons with special dietary requirements, provided that such food or beverages are not packaged in prohibited containers

It is an expensive day out the footy. I view it as one of my only treats. I earn good money but have to watch what I spend it on. Everything has gone up loads recently, food, petrol, electricity etc etc. But it's our treat, I'm going to have a pie and a couple of beers. With the kids it works out at close to 100 bucks a game. I can see how others would be put off by funding. For me it's not just the footy it's the whole day out thing. It's a package.

Therefore Jerry1 it sounds like you'd welcome a Tinkler style heavily discounted family price.

If Vidmar reckons the club offers them we obviously have a marketing dept problem given our crowds are so poor.

It's pretty simple, if there's a range of affordable tiks they will pack out the place. Hey U2 aren't stupid they had tiks as cheap as $45.

Ryan said:
I personally think that our area is quite affluent. I just think the "majority" of people wouldn't squabble over say 6 bucks a week?

Being a more affluent area there would be a lot of people who would just stay at home and watch the game live on fox.

i think tinkler has the right idea, with the discounted ticket prices they will fill the stadium with home team support, no tickets for away team supporters & a very hostile atmosphere for the opposition.
it would be great to see the house full sign at brookie with it full of manly supporters.

Nice reply vidmar, pricing is not a major issue with me now. However, it was when I was younger with a young family. We used to bring our own food and drink which reduces the cost significantly. I really think the club has made significant progress in ticketing & membership and for that they should be applauded.

So Sheik and Vidmar you guys make good points that we do have pricing in place - but we haven't solved the big issue - why is our crowd average a pathetic 11,000?

I reckon the marketing is poor - plus the whole ticket thing Vidmar described is too complicated.

Season die hards like me go to every game. We are not the target the club needs to attract the fringe fans who may or may not go. These are the very difference between 11,000 and 16,000 crowds.

They don't have time or interest to trawl our website trying to figure out a 3 games pass this or a flexi pass that.

They just want to turn up at Brookie - get a cheap as chips family pass - and sit on the hill. If it's cheap and good they'll tell their friends and all come back again.

I know plenty of Manly fans who never go to a game cos it's all too hard and expensive so they watch it on tele.

Make it easy - and dirt cheap - and we'll get back to the old days of 16,000 PLUS crowds.

That's what Tinkler is doing and why Newcastle crowds will be our envy.

Cf2 is right and every other post misses the point he's making by kilometres.
Tinkler is onto it.
Our marketing dept is a total nonsensical joke. It operates in the dark ages, not today's reality.

cf2 is back said:
If it's cheap and good they'll tell their friends and all come back again.

I know plenty of Manly fans who never go to a game cos it's all too hard and expensive so they watch it on tele.

So do you tell these Manly fans "it's cheap and good"?

Bazeagle: Your comments re the marketing dept is a bit harsh I think? (Considering the member numbers have effectively doubled since last season)
I noticed you posted 45 minutes before KO for last nights game - were you not there?
What would the club need to do to get you to attend games on a regular basis?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7