Attack of 2011?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
Where is it gone? We are in 10th for attack this year and we all keep waiting for us to score some decent points. I think our one dimensional right side play is making it easy for opposition sides to defend against us. I was not a big fan of our defense either but we are going alright statistically except for our missed tackles, our scrambling defense is saving us there. Im hopeful that Foran will improve over the next few weeks with Matai coming back and get some left side attack going as our right side will suffer even more with Gift out. A few big wins could see us right back in the top 4, fingers crossed.

Was at the game last night and Foz was limping badly from very early in the game. He's nowhere near fit and is out there purely on heart.

Well with have Roosters, Bye, Parra and Newcastle coming up, all 3 are must win games and we really need to put some decent points on them too.

I would say the following is the reason

1 - We haven't had our full or as close to full 2011 team on the park since round 1
2 - Foran is playing injured
3 - Other teams would have studied our movements

Daniel said:

1 - We haven't had our full or as close to full 2011 team on the park since round 1

Exactly. Our attack now has become too predictable. What happen to the days we used to put on those awesome set plays from scrums and stuff like that? We were so well rehersed with these set plays, I keep seeing the same one this season with a cherry runaround but it def doesnt look very well rehersel and flowing.

At times this season, and it has happened in most games tbh, we look the most potent side in the comp attacking wise for set periods, but somehow don't always finish those chances off

I remember our 1st 20 against the Warriors, we looked unstoppable, The start of the Raiders match, throwing the ball round, always looking like making a break, but not converting. Even the 1st 10 last night we looked really dangerous with the ball

There will be a day it all clicks and we run plenty through a side, I just hope that is soon

Fluffy said:
Many missing on the left side - Foran, Trex and Matai.
Trex is the biggest miss he would have scored or set up a fair proportion of our tries last year, and his mere presence as a decoy allows other players more room to attack.

Daniel said:

4 - Teams always have something to prove and lift against the Premiers.

Get used to it. It will happen next year too. :D

I thought we just scored 22 against the Storm, who are reputed to be a miserly defensive unit. I thought our right side attack - when it includes Gift and Lyon - was regarded as the best in the NRL. I thought our left side may have been hindered in recent times missing Foran Matai & T Rex. I guess I was wrong ...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2