At What Point is DCE's Contract Justifiable?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

CBreeagles

Reserve Grader
It's the off-season so wanted to bring in a little discussion. I'm a bit worried about DCE's form for the past 18 months and believe he is highly overpaid, despite being one of my favourite players. So I've been thinking about the legacy he will leave behind and it can only really go in two ways; His re-signing was a masterstroke or a flop.

Question is at what point do we receive value for money? Him delivering us just one other premiership? Multiple premierships? Or playing consistent high-level footy in which he is one of our best players weekly, however falling short of premierships each time?

He has already delivered us a premiership. He deserves every cent he gets. He had little to no help this year and played with a rabble. Did as much defence as some of our backrowers throughout the year. I say cut him some slack. He's in the top 5 half backs in the comp and most sides would kill to have him

with no 5/8 for the last 18 months you can hardly judge. Have never seen a halfback look any good without a second option playmaker. It is just too easy to defend against.

At what point? winning 1 more comp in his career. It will put him in the elite category of halves to win 2 premierships in the modern era

with no 5/8 for the last 18 months you can hardly judge. Have never seen a halfback look any good without a second option playmaker. It is just too easy to defend against.

At what point? winning 1 more comp in his career. It will put him in the elite category of halves to win 2 premierships in the modern era

The Storm have a very average 5/8, and Cronk not only maintains control, he dominates the opposition.

He will be back to normal with a real 5/8 beside him in green, he was great with Lyon beside him and as I constantly say, Lyon and Green play a similar style and that will help lift dce again but likely not worth his high contract, you never know however he definately will be once the cap is increased.

That just shows he's over-rated. He needs a team full of stars around him to make
him look good. On the positive side we only have him signed up for the rest of his career :banghead:

You mean just like Thurston. He has only looked good in QLD, AUS and once he had Morgan AND Coote to provide playmaking options.

When Thurston lacked decent options the cows were a joke and only won games because of the extremely hot and humid conditions up north that they were acclimatised to.

I'd rather be paying Ash Taylor 300k per season, Nate Myles can go away, and we could have built a balanced salary cap team. 2 solid seasons now, I'd rate DCE as one of the bottom two half backs in the entire competition.

He's just the highest paid.
I agree with this, my biggest fear is he has gotten stale at Manly. It happens to players and coaches all the time look at Merrin going to Panthers now killing it, look at Ennis at the Sharks now killing it, Des at the Dogs now looking like shiet.

The Storm have a very average 5/8, and Cronk not only maintains control, he dominates the opposition.
Green is far from average, very underrated and after I heard we were after him I paid high attention to him and have since realised that he is one of the best 5/8's in the game. Trust me he will be worth it and Cronk doesn't have to do all that much with all the pressure Green takes off of him.

I'd rather be paying Ash Taylor 300k per season, Nate Myles can go away, and we could have built a balanced salary cap team. 2 solid seasons now, I'd rate DCE as one of the bottom two half backs in the entire competition.

That is clearly the dumbest thing I've ever read

He has been injured and had a ****house partner for 2 years now,his forwards are worse than dog****

But this isn't about that,this is about him being the patsy for his hard earned ending the boys club we had

Cherry is not the worst halfback going around, just the worst value halfback going around.

Lost me during his protracted, gutter dwelling contract negotiations, and won't recover.

Blame the club for that one. They right royally stuffed it up trying to retain someone every man and his dog but them seemed to know was never going to stay, during which time they let DCE go and sign with the Tits.

By the time they had realised their mistake it was always going to cost them big because they had to match his contract with the Tits....and then some.

Personally I lay the blame squarely with both Foran and with ZtH's influence.

Judge him when we can get a stable consistent side on the field and of course when we field a natural 5/8...so lets discuss this end of 2017 once green has settled in and each of these guys have there own role to play and share some ball playing, Daly really had no one to turn 2 this year and everyone knew once u shut him down we had no other option in regards to a go 2 guy....also forwards improved so that will help if that continues. Overall opinion no concerns with his contract or paypacket, we know he has the skill and u cant lose that we just need a team to help him hit his peak again.

So you're telling me, that only one of the following is worse than DCE:

Benji Marshall
Trent Hodkinson
Jeff Robson
Luke Brooks
Moses Mbye
Aiden Sezer
Chad Townsend
Ben Hunt

It's just a silly, outlandish statement. I understand you're frustrated with his form, but it really detracts from your argument when you say something so ridiculous.

When Thurston and Cronk retire, Mitchell Pearce, Adam Reynolds and DCE will be the most successful halves going around. Does that make them the best??? I don't know.. But I would take DCE over any of them.
There are good halves coming through like Brooks, Taylor, Cleary, Moses etc... but they are still yet to prove themselves on the big stages.
Did we pay too much? Yes, but he was the best of the bunch going round at the time and management could have had him for cheaper if they didn't screw it up.
When we win one more premiership I think he will have proven the naysayers wrong.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4