Ashley Alberts Released

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Alberts has been released due to family and personal reasons. His football career is currently in limbo. This news comes from an article in todays Manly Daily.

Having said that can you see the following players in the following positions.

2. Robertson
3. Bell
4/5. (Interchangable) Stephenson/Hicks

Rookie Raiders face a baptism of fire
ADAM LUCIUS
11mar06

ADRIAN Purtell, Willie Raston and Ben Jones are so obscure they don't even rate a mention in the NRL's official media guide.

Tonight the three Raiders rookies will make their top grade debuts against Manly at Brookvale Oval - one of the greatest tests there is in rugby league.

They'll be up against the likes of Ben Kennedy, Steve Menzies and Matt Orford, who have played 594 NRL games between them.

But despite the Canberra trio's lack of experience, Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler, for one, is worried about their impact.

``They are young and hungry and will want to impress,'' he said last night.

``It doesn't matter that they are unknowns. ``That won't matter on the night.''

Hasler is also concerned the Raiders have been universally written off.

``I know if that was me I'd be determined to prove people wrong,'' he said.

``They always start the season well and will really come at us.''

The Sea Eagles enjoyed a team lunch at Dee Why yesterday and wrapped up preparations with a light run in the afternoon.

A crowd of around 16,000 is expected at Brookvale Oval for Manly's first game of the 2006 campaign.

* Manly have released centre Ashley Alberts due to ``family and personal circumstances''.

Alberts played eight games for the Sea Eagles in 2005 before injury ended his season.

He will return home to Queensland with his football career in limbo.

``Sometimes these things don't work out and we felt it was in Ashley's best interests to let him go,'' Manly CEO Pat Wilson said.

``He goes with our full blessing.''

-

Whipped out the article. Wanted to point out something Des said though. In the highlighted part he's revealed his opinion on the Raiders rookies. Surely he must hold that same opinion for every young player so why aren't Ballin an Cuthbertson playing. Surely it would have been best to pit some of our rookies against theirs, especially when chances of winning are likely.

Shame about Ash leaving. Looks like we are stuck with Matai.

In regards to Dazzlars comments. Surely he's pissing in their pockets, he'll expect our players to smash them.

I fear we are going to lose Ballin to the Titans.

This will be to our great regret. If the key positions on the field are 1,6,7 and 9, the Titans have done very well.

greensheilds, campbell, prince. ballin.

I fear we are going to lose Ballin to the Titans.

This will be to our great regret. If the key positions on the field are 1,6,7 and 9, the Titans have done very well.

greensheilds, campbell, prince. ballin.

they have already bought a hooker havent they?. If they sign Ballin.. he will be 2nd fiddle.. same situation hes at now.. except hes starting to impress Des here.. I wont worry about him leaving. He will get a chance this year.

Ballin is a better option that Dunley who is now 30.

Shame about Alberts and it certainly leaves our centre ranks very thin. We sure need Lyon now.

Beat me to it Tooks about Jamie Lyon. As for Ballin don't be surprised to see him in firsts by round 5 or 6. Burns & Monnas to fight it out for 5/8th for the first few rounds. One back to reggies, Ballin into 9, Dunley back to the bench.

F*ck F*ck F*ck

now we have to cling to a salary cap rise in order to afford lyon. Orford will be paid about 550K next season which leaves us very short in funds for a quality centre.

Alberts has been released due to family and personal reasons. His football career is currently in limbo. This news comes from an article in todays Manly Daily.

Having said that can you see the following players in the following positions.

2. Robertson
3. Bell
4/5. (Interchangable) Stephenson/Hicks
its probably been in limbo for a few weeks ,so why feed us with all this injured bull**** ....Maybe queenslanders should just stick to brisbane or the cowboys ,if they cant stay away from their tri ,oh i mean family...

I'm devastated. I was really keen to see Alberts get fit and play close to a whole season with the club. He is a great young talent.

To be honest unless Des makes the call to put Hicks in the centres, or Meaney makes the step up we are going to struggle big time defensively on Matai's side. Not to mention Steppa will get no ball.

With the increased lack of depth now, I am much more edgy about the coming season, no depth and no quality in one centre position.

This is just the inevitable continuation of the "Weekend at Bernie's" curse.

It is very well documented.

I'm devastated. I was really keen to see Alberts get fit and play close to a whole season with the club. He is a great young talent.

To be honest unless Des makes the call to put Hicks in the centres, or Meaney makes the step up we are going to struggle big time defensively on Matai's side. Not to mention Steppa will get no ball.

With the increased lack of depth now, I am much more edgy about the coming season, no depth and no quality in one centre position.

I feel the same way. We are left very short by this event. The Aaron Moule fiasco has left us very short.

Maybe Toopi or one of the Warrior centres could move here to ease their cap problems.

You don't win comps without good centres!!!!!

What do u guys know of this Tillot (centre) ,who we apparently signed this week ,played at saints & souths (or so they say),its a bit of a worry when u are picking up info from mse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4