Ashes Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
They had Bumble on the radio earlier

Said if the batsman can't score runs on this then they won't score them anywhere, pitch should be quickish but skiddy quick rather than bouncey quick. On days 4-5 if there is rough though Swann could really get it to spit and bounce

He also gave you no chance even if you picked everyone and their aunties lol

Fluffy

Journey Man
well the good news is the Australia A side has plenty of batsman knocking on the door, pretty much the entire team bar Nick Maddinson..........

I would like to see Maddinson concentrate on the longer form as he seems better suited to that but it seems he is more interested in making the T20 teams for a buck. Still only 21 so could get some consistency in his game over the next few years

Fluffy

Journey Man
3rd test started, Warner in for Hughes, Starc in for the injured Pattinson and Lyon back into the team for Agar (which is probably where we should have started)

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So Hughes makes way for Warner. Strange decision that one. Maybe Smith survives because of his bowling lucking him a few wickets last test, but I seriously don't see Smith a test class number 5. Anyway, what does this mean for Phil Hughes ? is it over and out for his test career now ?? Ashes series in the old blighty don't hold fond memories for him, ended his first stint in a baggy green and now it might be the end of it all together.

Agar for Lyon is no surprise, so hopefully Garry will get some wickets, might give Jeff the mystery ball a run.

Starc back in for Pattinson is probably fair enough, but I would really like to see Bird get a go this series at some point.

How long before the Watson LBW happens ? Does he review ?

Fluffy

Journey Man
Well he managed to find another way to get out.

Rogers is looking pretty good on a decent pitch. Runs are there to be made so expecting we will be all out for 200 this time.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Can't believe Hughes got the arse, undeserved IMO, played the best knock of any of your batsman in the 1st test

Fluffy

Journey Man
BOD - England, yet again, not the batsman, no hotspot but doesn't get over turned.

It would appear the onfield umpired are giving all the possibles out yet the 3rd umpires need obvious evidence to overturn therefore giving the benefit of the doubt to the bowling team and re-writing the cricket rules in the process.

It is strange when Watson is a walk up start even when not bowling yet Hughes is only 24 and they average the same.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I can't believe that DRS call. Wow. What evidence did he see that the ball was anywhere near the edge of the bat ??

As for Watson, that was a lazy dismissal.

Fluffy

Journey Man
The only thing I can think of is that the umpire could not believe that the pitch had been doctored that much that and off spinner could get so much turn in the first session of a 5 day test match and therefore thought the only way the ball could move that much is off an edge.

We should bring back Warne, on these pitches he would only need to bowl 4 or 5 overs a day to pick up 4 or 5 wickets

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You guys waking up to a clark century and a smith half century.

car-wah-jar.......sigh. Unlucky.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Havn't seen it but read that Broad had an LBW not given that hit in line and went on to hit middle but by then the poms had no reviews left. Not surprised they used them all as every other time this series they used one whether out or not the get the wicket. It was so obvious that they now feel they will get plenty of shockers when Smith first came to the wicket, he came down the pitch a few metres and got struck on the pad about 8 inches from his bat and they were all screaming catch it/appealing at the same time for LBW. The umpires dodgy calls have made the poms the new India, appeal at everything. Not a good look from the "home of gentleman's cricket".

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Smith was very very lucky to survive the Swann LBW DRS. We are talking about 2mm shy of half the ball hitting leg stump and having the decision overturned.

But I did find the Smith caught behind off Anderson quite amusing. Old Jimmy was that confident that he did his usual open mouth yell and ran off celebrating. Wanker. Should have turned around and checked with the umpy before carrying on like a prat. Anyway i don't know what the Poms thought they heard, but Smith certainly didn't hit it.

It's nice to see them burn both their reviews early and have to put up with the old school decisions.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
That caught behind one was the one I think they must have been talking about, read a few comments about Vaseline on the edges of the bat lol

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
165727-ashes-memes.jpg

166674-ashes-memes.jpg

Fluffy

Journey Man
Chip and Chase said:
Smith was very very lucky to survive the Swann LBW DRS. We are talking about 2mm shy of half the ball hitting leg stump and having the decision overturned.

But I did find the Smith caught behind off Anderson quite amusing. Old Jimmy was that confident that he did his usual open mouth yell and ran off celebrating. Wanker. Should have turned around and checked with the umpy before carrying on like a prat. Anyway i don't know what the Poms thought they heard, but Smith certainly didn't hit it.

It's nice to see them burn both their reviews early and have to put up with the old school decisions.

At least with Smiths the rule is black and white (we got burn't about 2 years ago with the exact same deal on an important wicket) but Khwaja had some blind guy going with his wallet

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You can't tell me that Warner didn't know he hit that. Sure he hit his pad, but you'd still feel a decent edge like that through the bat. What a muppet. The DRS is there to oveturn bad decisions not to overturn bad shots.

Smith would love to have his shot over again, he had a ton for the taking there.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Interesting that Lyon although wicketless has troubled the poms a lot and almost got cook getting a lot of turn (similar to Swan). He has a big day coming up with Swan taking 5 of 7 wickets in the first innings (with the help of the umpires) Clarke has to be mindful that when he tires he will just go through the motions and rotate him well. Use Smith and Warner to supplement 10 overs throughout the day of spin and if they go well then a few more. Look at Smith and Root so far, 7 wickets between them in 2 tests @ less than 20.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18