Ashes Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Fluffy

Journey Man
Finally day followed the script, Batsman offer nothing, Umpires giving howlers and bowlers wagging to make it look more respectable.

Team for next test:
Agar
Pattinson
Faulkner
Starc
Clarke
Siddle
Haddin
Johnson
Smith
Harris
Watson

Much stronger batting line up and Watson can't fark up any review for the players below him when he is out plumb LBW again.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Dismal game. The writing was there after the first Test but it is ugly when it actually plays out the way it looked like it would. The Poms had the right attitude throughout - no quick runs, blunt the bowlers and pick off the loose deliveries. Why we couldn't have adopted those tactics in the first innings is the mystery and the answer to why we are so poor. Even Lillee and Marsh wouldn't take 500-1 the way we are throwing it away.

Clint

Tipping Member
It's funny how times change. We are now so England of 10 years ago. Dropped catches, poor fielding, crap batting.
When we were unbeatable and on top of the world, I craved a test match challenge. I so wanted a competitive game that went 5 days. Even 4 would have done me.
My missus would get into me. "Nah stuff em, keep them down".
Oh how right she was!! :s
I want to go back to the "unbeatable" days. I hate losing. :huh:
oh please come back Punter, Waugh, Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist!!

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We've got to give Lyon a go. Agar might have been everyone's darling in the first test with his 98, but he is picked to get wickets........and he hasn't. The Poms are all over us with Swann and Anderson, they will keep preparing wickets to help Swanns spin and Andersons reverse. Lyon is more seasoned and you have got to think he is a better chance of getting wickets. The quicks have done nothing wrong, but I would like to see Bird given a shot some time this series. Maybe rest Pattinson and see if Bird's extra bounce can bring some results.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Plus we cant sing the victory song without lyon. So pick him I say!

Edit: Also James Pattison is out of the 3 last remaining tests with a lower back stress fracture.

Tis a shame as he was topping the batting averages for aust!!

Fluffy

Journey Man
Agree C&C Lyon to come in for Agar, in reality it should have always been that way. Playing a 19 year old debutante who didn't out bowl Lyon in the warm up games is admission of defeat before starting.

Agar does have talent and will be better for it. Swann didn't make the England team until Dec 2008, he was almost 30 so Agar has 10 years to improve to get to that level. Hope they continue to support him.

Batting is all about T20 for the young ones these days and it is showing.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Glad it wasn't just me and the guys I was with saying Agar should make way for Lyon. Picked for bowling and that isn't up to it yet

Didn't see all the match, just bits of it where I could but **** that was a flogging. The Watson review seems to sum up where your side is at currently, a bunch of individuals trying to do the best for themselves rather than the collective effort required

Was sitting at the Star watching the final day and was amazed by the amount of abuse flying around

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
ManlyBacker said:
globaleagle said:
Also James Pattison is out of the 3 last remaining tests with a lower back stress fracture.

The only stress fractures I know of belong to all the people watching their efforts. :p

lol - nice (and true)

Kiwi Eagle said:
Glad it wasn't just me and the guys I was with saying Agar should make way for Lyon. Picked for bowling and that isn't up to it yet

Didn't see all the match, just bits of it where I could but s**t that was a flogging. The Watson review seems to sum up where your side is at currently, a bunch of individuals trying to do the best for themselves rather than the collective effort required

Was sitting at the Star watching the final day and was amazed by the amount of abuse flying around

The watson review, I thought the same thing until rogers said he suggested that shane did it. Which was why when he got given out 'hit in the dick', he decided not to review it as he didn't want to be responsible for both failed reviews (though his wouldn't have been).

Watson coulda refused I guess, but well I don't know if that changes anything in your head.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Yeah I understand Watson asking Rogers, but surely when you have been dismissed so many times LBW before then you have a fair idea of when 1 is clattering into off stump. Was funny watching the Poms in the background having a laugh at it

Read somewhere that Watson's LBW percentage of dismissal is the highest in test history at 30.62%

Clint

Tipping Member
Kiwi Eagle said:
Yeah I understand Watson asking Rogers, but surely when you have been dismissed so many times LBW before then you have a fair idea of when 1 is clattering into off stump. Was funny watching the Poms in the background having a laugh at it

Read somewhere that Watson's LBW percentage of dismissal is the highest in test history at 30.62%

Even worse Kiwi - 31.16 I saw.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well, least we aren't new zealand!

lol *cough*

:angel:

(though you guys are doing better so that point tis moot)

Clint

Tipping Member
no no - don't go there GE.
I am sure the Kiwi's made a much better go of their series against the Poms, than what we are. :huh:

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
globaleagle said:
Well, least we aren't new zealand!

lol *cough*

:angel:

(though you guys are doing better so that point tis moot)

Maybe a combined side might give you a shot, can draft Taylor and McCullum into the top 6. May as well get Williamson in there too, can bat but have taken more wickets as a part time spinner than your mob have lately :p lol

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think the Aussies at the moment would be requesting permission and politely asking to be drafted into your team as no kiwi would want to head over the cricketing 'ditch'!

My, how times have changed! lol.....wah

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Lol maybe push the Anzac Spirit line

Reading an article earlier blaming the Shield pitches for the poor batting from Australia, may play a part but a bit of a cop out really. A quality batsman is able to adapt his game to all conditions, know which shots to put away on certain decks and be more patient if the ball is doing a bit

If all they can bat on properly are roads that do nothing then you will be in this current spot for a long time to come

I thought Rogers would be a very good fit as a man to bat time, and he may well still be but he has been very underwhelming so far.
We had a good test team for a while from 2000-2005 and a big part of that was Mark Richardson. Nothing flashy about him at all, started his career as a left arm spinner batting 11, and finished up as a test opener averaging 44 with an average innings length of 4 hours, was a rock to build an innings around and only played the off drive, cut and worked the ball off his hip

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Apparently we have to take care of Germany first!

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/germany-the-latest-to-ridicule-australias-cricketers-20130722-2qe9l.html

....#Ashes #ReturnTheUrn” slightly optimistic with that hashtag chaps. If you fancy a competitive game we are only an hours flight from London...

(german cricket tweet)

Fluffy

Journey Man
Looks like Warner will be back next test, has had his batting practice in SA knocking a quick 193 off 226 after losing the toss.

Maxwell also nudged around a ton and we are 5/399 after 1 day.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18