ASADA grills Cronulla Sharks as part of drugs investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Date March 6, 2013 - 1:47PMlater Brad Forrest

CRONULLA Sharks' preparations for their opening home game on Sunday were disrupted after ASADA officials stepped up their national drugs in sport investigations this week.

Players and club officials were understood to be locked in interviews this afternoon over what knowledge they might have about the possible use and/or distribution of banned performance-enhancing substances – in particular during the 2011 NRL season.

When news got out about the players' meeting, the Sharks' Wednesday morning training session was effectively blocked from the media and any other onlookers, with the session going ahead behind closed gates.

Fairfax Media understands the meeting was the latest in a number of player meetings, which didn't involve coach Shane Flanagan or any club officials.

Advertisement A spokesman said the club had no comment "at this stage" about the investigations.

It is believed ASADA has interviewed six players as well as club officials and it is expected the interviews will continue on Thursday.

The Sharks have cancelled a club promotion on Wednesday night due to the disruptions caused by the ASADA investigation.

Cronulla open their NRL campaign against the Titans at Sharks Stadium on Sunday night.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/asada-grills-cronulla-sharks-as-part-of-drugs-investigation-20130306-2fkoi.html#ixzz2Mj1Y6AGV

I wonder why Phil hasn't reported this?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4