Article re Penn saying we will be here in 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The problem being that every rugby league video game that has ever been made is absolute crap and no one has ever played them for more than 15 minutes. It's not like F1 or FIFA, where there are huge, established games with massive user bases.
ETs rugby league on the Amiga 500 was tip top!

Don't listen to a word any idiot on TV or uneducated league commentators say about Manly being under threat.

It is all complete hysterical rubbish. Buzz tried to bring it up on 360 on Monday and Ikin shut him down immediately and said that in a private ownership model if Penn Health didn't want to continue to own manly due to incurring too many losses then there were many other consortiums that would buy in. We know URM would buy the club in a flash.

Even Greenberg said Manly and Gold Coast were safer options for survival at the moment due to their lean cost structures and private models.

The other consideration that Buzz and Kent don't understand is that the losses incurred each year by Manly are most probably a tax deduction for the whole Penn Group so as much as Penn talks about how he funds manly via his family - the reality is that it offsets tax against his other profitable businesses.

The Manly brand is also a marketing engine for Penn and his other businesses as well hence why he doesn't want to sell. Its an integral part of his whole of business strategy.

Don't listen to a word any idiot on TV or uneducated league commentators say about Manly being under threat.

It is all complete hysterical rubbish. Buzz tried to bring it up on 360 on Monday and Ikin shut him down immediately and said that in a private ownership model if Penn Health didn't want to continue to own manly due to incurring too many losses then there were many other consortiums that would buy in. We know URM would buy the club in a flash.

Even Greenberg said Manly and Gold Coast were safer options for survival at the moment due to their lean cost structures and private models.

The other consideration that Buzz and Kent don't understand is that the losses incurred each year by Manly are most probably a tax deduction for the whole Penn Group so as much as Penn talks about how he funds manly via his family - the reality is that it offsets tax against his other profitable businesses.

The Manly brand is also a marketing engine for Penn and his other businesses as well hence why he doesn't want to sell. Its an integral part of his whole of business strategy.
What does Buzz think of the pokie fuelled model that trades off peoples misery insert gamble responsibly tag?

Just needed to get out of the house after over a week inside so went for a walk around Lottoland. Oh for the better days a head
30E63534-8048-4D8A-9DDC-03E110C05C37.jpeg
7A04E9AA-35BA-4377-8215-7E88E1F11F43.jpeg
4A8B6A1D-E27E-4805-8DFE-D0CA6CBB674D.jpeg
E6D64893-5064-47F0-B1A6-AEAD8280735E.jpeg
30E63534-8048-4D8A-9DDC-03E110C05C37.jpeg
7A04E9AA-35BA-4377-8215-7E88E1F11F43.jpeg

ETs rugby league on the Amiga 500 was tip top!

When I was coaching U/14's here in Adelaide back in the mid-late 90s I actually used one of the scrum moves from ET's Rugby League.

Damn thing actually worked and we scored a few tries from it lol

It was a simple thing that we put a small variation to. Had the winger standing on the open side, the fullback (our fastest player) locking the scrum. When our half fed it he went to the back of the scrum and took off across field. Being U/14's the whole defence followed him. Only thing is he didn't have the ball. The fullback at lock picked up the ball and raced down the blindside to score.

Last edited:
Maybe he thinks Twitch will buy the NRL rights
Twitch. Aha you mean the hip hop choreographer on so you think you can dance USA? He’d be silly not to. Or she, he could be a chick

Last edited:
Such a shame the new performance centre and stand wasnt already being built. Would have been a great time to crack on.

I have always failed to see what the drama was ... going in ... The Penn's knew that with the exception of Broncos, every club loses money .. and that it would cost a couple of million a year out of their own pockets ,to have their own footall club .... for whatever reason .. generosity to the people of Manly, or just ego, don't care which ... they bought the club with eyes wide open ...

Sure, long term they have always harbored ambitions that the changing landscape may one day make clubs a financial success ... one day ..

But how has the suspension of the game made it any more expensive for the Penn's? ... their major cost of players salaries has been drastically reduced and at this point still covered by the NRL ... all the coaching staff and office staff and support staff have also been sent home or will be .. also greatly reducing their running costs ... no 50 squad airfares and accomodations every week is also a huge reduction in costs ....

The one area I see as a problem is the hire costs of Brookie from the council .... is this a yearly contract or hired per game ?? either way one would think that this issue will be resolved ... cheaply ???

So, I just don't see how this drama, if it is limited to one season, puts any huge increase in the Penn's normal ability to fund the club ???

And if I am wrong ... and it will cost him $2mil this year rather than $1mil .... we have the wrong owners anyway ....

PSS .. It is however great that the Penn's have come out and stated their support .... and up you to all the doomsayers in the media ....
I would think restarting the club with no revenue and NRL run dry is the issue.

I have always failed to see what the drama was ... going in ... The Penn's knew that with the exception of Broncos, every club loses money .. and that it would cost a couple of million a year out of their own pockets ,to have their own footall club .... for whatever reason .. generosity to the people of Manly, or just ego, don't care which ... they bought the club with eyes wide open ...

Sure, long term they have always harbored ambitions that the changing landscape may one day make clubs a financial success ... one day ..

But how has the suspension of the game made it any more expensive for the Penn's? ... their major cost of players salaries has been drastically reduced and at this point still covered by the NRL ... all the coaching staff and office staff and support staff have also been sent home or will be .. also greatly reducing their running costs ... no 50 squad airfares and accomodations every week is also a huge reduction in costs ....

The one area I see as a problem is the hire costs of Brookie from the council .... is this a yearly contract or hired per game ?? either way one would think that this issue will be resolved ... cheaply ???

So, I just don't see how this drama, if it is limited to one season, puts any huge increase in the Penn's normal ability to fund the club ???

And if I am wrong ... and it will cost him $2mil this year rather than $1mil .... we have the wrong owners anyway ....

PSS .. It is however great that the Penn's have come out and stated their support .... and up you to all the doomsayers in the media ....
Good morning @Woodsie

What we do not know we do not see
This is what we know now ........

Our clubs and our game now have to endure the loss of vital broadcast revenue that, for a long time, has been the lifeblood of the game. Along with this, clubs will lose major parts of their sponsorship, membership, corporate hospitality, game-day takings and event fundraisers. It won’t just be the fact we lose this money for season 2020 either. The double whammy will come when we realise it will be extremely difficult to replace this income, when the game does eventually resume.

Look at what’s happening in our economy: business closures; job losses; hospitality and tourism industry in tatters; many associated businesses and trading partners crippled.

When the game does resume, stakeholders will not bounce back to normal straight away: sponsors, corporate partners, trading partners, the companies that have availed themselves of corporate hospitality at game-day events, the general public who give up their hard-earned money to buy memberships, merchandise and attend games. The longer large sections of our country are locked down, the greater the pain for the economy.
What will the broadcast rights be worth into the future after not having fulfilled the content requirements in the year 2020? Will the NRL have 16 teams available to provide eight matches a week as are required under the current broadcast agreements? Will the broadcasters themselves be able to afford the current broadcast rights contracts, given they, too, will lose sponsors and subscribers? These are all questions that can’t be answered until we get closer to the game returning.

Everybody Knew this
The most significant factor in all of this will be the disappointment and lack of confidence NRL clubs have in head office. This is real.
The real thing is
The NRL has been hit by a double whammy
It has been hit by the Corana Virus
and the Incompetence of Colonel Greenburg Klink and his Clowns at NRL head office
The NRL will recover when we over come both these catastrophic hurdles

No accountability I know nothing I see nothing
Colonel Greenburg Klink
gettyimages-148466892-612x612.jpg

Last edited:
If you want answers don’t read Gould’s article in the sun herald. Here’s a sample:

“How long will this go on?
We don’t know.”

Greenburg is gone. He is standing down next week without pay. Very little chance he will ever be back. His position is now completely untenable.
Well he will off trying to find the lost money that amazingly disappeared from the NRL coffers in his swiss bank account. Ooops did I say that aloud... :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2