Are we now shopping Lussick and Kelly?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mitch

Bencher
How is he looking in training?

Any other boys going well, possible break out years so far?

I think Tom will definitely be pushing for an NRL berth in 2018, especially given Walker's injury. Whether he needs time in NSW Cup against 'men', may be the question. Although Brian Kelly was thrown into NRL without applying his trade in NSW Cup first, so they may take a punt.

manly al

First Grader
Darcy apparently started pre season training very keen and motivated and can not see why he can not take more of a responsible but controlled aggression leadership role for Manly next season . Just out of left field and this may receive some [ or total ] scepticism but i can not see why Brian Kelly could not be at least tried as a pivot - 5/8 in a trial match next year .Maybe not a noted positional kicker but very nimble and good on his feet , instinctive attack , good hands , some reasonable selective passing . Maybe some defensive improvements and positional adjustments of course and is short of a yard or two in the open but he is still a natural and capable footballer . I am basing this opinion on what i noticed in the last Aukcland nine's and when he was playing around the middle there and in heavy traffic , he was quite elusive and sharp . But again i concede a notion out of left field

Trading off darcy crazy. We lost a starter in bj. So where confident afb, perrett or sipley can start. Thats a big risk
This is reminding me of the days of keeping dce and foz. And ending up wirh a custard pack starling, horo, sen lafao surely when not dumb enough to go down this path.
custard pack that's gold I thought they were powder puffs personally but yeah

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Grill team have no idea, same goes for DT. Why would we move on darcy our starting prop for 2018 with no replacement and kelly who is on 150k and has only had 1 year in first grade. Heaps of improvement in him still.

We need pearce and darcy. Cant have good halves and soft forwards.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Grill team have no idea, same goes for DT. Why would we move on darcy our starting prop for 2018 with no replacement and kelly who is on 150k and has only had 1 year in first grade. Heaps of improvement in him still.

We need pearce and darcy. Cant have good halves and soft forwards.
It's always been Pearce's dream to play behind a bits and pieces forward pack.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Darcy apparently started pre season training very keen and motivated and can not see why he can not take more of a responsible but controlled aggression leadership role for Manly next season . Just out of left field and this may receive some [ or total ] scepticism but i can not see why Brian Kelly could not be at least tried as a pivot - 5/8 in a trial match next year .Maybe not a noted positional kicker but very nimble and good on his feet , instinctive attack , good hands , some reasonable selective passing . Maybe some defensive improvements and positional adjustments of course and is short of a yard or two in the open but he is still a natural and capable footballer . I am basing this opinion on what i noticed in the last Aukcland nine's and when he was playing around the middle there and in heavy traffic , he was quite elusive and sharp . But again i concede a notion out of left field
We have had success with former centers playing 5/8 before.

Mr Manly 007

Reserve Grader
The only player Manly need to shop around is Lewis Brown : He is on pretty good dollars and would free up space . Also if Manly did offer Pearce $800k ($900k ) aren’t we able to attract TPA to fill the gap considerably to what $$$ the Knights have offered.
And keep Lussick...

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Lewis Brown : not big : not strong :
not fast and no skills . Shop him but no one will take him .
Out of all the Manly bench players Brown was used by Barrett the least minutes on the field . This indicates that he was used only when he had to be used . Quality bench players are not left sitting on the bench , they are given playing time to turn the game around.
The former NZ international days as a quality impact player are gone as he was also overlooked in the world cup this season . Next Season we are not going to see anything new from the old and declining Brown.

Last edited:

Heckenberg

Reserve Grader
It is Browns last season right?
Yes. I FEel like they could back end a marquee signings contract based on the money he was on that will be freed up next season. He's replaceable by anyone on a minimum wage contract as far as impact goes.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
12 6 6 2 12