Are we back under the radar?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Crusher_Cleal said:
Feels like the media is running with the below stories:

Roosters - Premiers, finding form
Souths - main challengers to the Premiers
Storm - Big 3 getting back to their dangerous best
Cowboys - one of the hottest/in-form teams in the Comp
Warriors - dangerous
Penrith - feel-good story of the year
Manly - ??
Subterranean

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Some people still subscribe to the theory we need to play our best before the finals. Weird.

xavier said:
and, as TC has mentioned,
You quote TC to back up your ideas? You must be new around here!
I wouldn't be quoting TC either his sentence structures are way too long that it will just be a waste of space.

You did over simplify and miss parts on my views in relation to some of our forwards but I should just be thankful some people don't have me on their ignore list and can still read my posts.

Technical Coach said:
manlyfan76 said:
Wright or wrong I like your posts TC.

I'm never wrong just so ahead of time that it feels my comments have to be wrong as it hasn't happened yet.

Oops forgot to take my meds again....
Always an interesting read TC . Keep it up feathered friend !

Technical Coach said:
manlyfan76 said:

I'm never wrong just so ahead of time that it feels my comments have to be wrong as it hasn't happened yet.

An SOS to TC you're on.
In the last week we learn we'll have to be without Glenn Stewart, then Buhrer's out, now they say Ballin!
Apart from blood and guts motivational speeches, what tactics/strategies could possibly work with a tyro at hooker? Or do we just give up now?

xavier said:
Fluffy said:
Roosters have that JWH fella unwanted at Manly so they are gonski as well

Needless to say to everyone but Fluffy, we wanted to keep JWH.

every club wants to keep most players but they have to adhere to the salaray cap or at least appear to be adhearing to it.

I could have also said Guerra was only a lower grade player, moa unwanted by 2 NRL clubs, Cordner only a lower grade player and Le'strange way past his best, all using your idotic logic to say a player does not improve over time.

But I guess that is why our useless pack beat these guys twice

Technical Coach said:
manlyfan76 said:

I meant wether I'm wrong or right to like your posts! Maybe delusions of grandeur is a mental illness. :)

I'd suggest as of now we are so far below the radar we don't even register. The only TV show I have watched this week has been the Matty Johns show on Monday ( yes not exactly loaded with the sharpest tools in the shed ) but we certainly don't rate at all with that lot.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Technical Coach said:
manlyfan76 said:

An SOS to TC you're on.
In the last week we learn we'll have to be without Glenn Stewart, then Buhrer's out, now they say Ballin!
Apart from blood and guts motivational speeches, what tactics/strategies could possibly work with a tyro at hooker? Or do we just give up now?

Why give up a perfect opportunity to play under less pressure feel relaxed and enjoy the underdog tag on top of actually enjoying the coaching role more than just going through the motions.

As a platform to work off for the rest of the season....

Basically we are going to miss some of our best go forward numbers and tackle counts in Buhrer combined with even more impressive tackle counts and the best clean crisp controlled organised distribution from dummy half in the competition from Ballin.

So we are going to lose 80-90 tackles of which at least 30% are of such high quality from these two players in terms of reading plays and playing through exhaustion and still executing effective tackles. Manly need a defensive orientated player that can at least rack up some decent tackle counts to plug up holes that are going to be all over the place.

Have not seen any of the lower grades this year other than a few highlights so not in a position to say who should be picked as replacements but obviously Jayden is going to be picked. I see DCE playing shorter and flatter off Jayden and playing more central than he does outside Ballin.

Manly's go forward structures has always been about good lateral creative ball movement and generating yardage around left and right centre areas. With the loss of Buhrer we lose some sharp footwork line breaking and hole running options so Foran especially will have to increase his go forward numbers off lateral plays and can't have a low number for the rest of the season.

Double blind side shots after a Foran,Tafua, Matai run or DCE running short and sharp on the right short side on top of playing off the back of decoy second man plays are going to generate a large bulk of our go forward and it needs to be the sharpest it can be.

Off the back of yardage and quick play the balls in these corridors I would like to see Watmough running central ball in front at a retreating defensive line and popping short balls to Lawrence, Lui and Jessie to generate go forward punch through the middle.

I would be sticking a rocket up Lawrence and Jessie to run hard and straight no shuffling no dancing just step once pick your line and go for it.

Manly need to keep the game up tempo with no stoppages kicking on tackles three and four in the early stages to create an up and down up tempo kind of game---this allows Manly to not have to wrestle for the first two tackles so that the retreating forwards don't have time to get behind the ball.

Foran might have to fill in at dummy half if Jayden can't play 80 or is injured with no replacement hooker but we really don't want this to be the case as Foran is going to used to create yardage gains in many sets of six.

Brett is going to have to involve himself more looking for the ball up the middle and he has to player closer to DCE and Foran, he can't just sit back and inject himself into backline spreads and be happy with that kind of limited involvement.

Loved Brett's early show and go against the Panthers which can get the outside defenders shoulders turning inwards and I would like Brett to keep playing like this for several reasons.
1) Dummy early and going for the hole and passing before the line will generate gaps on the outside as defenders shoulders turn back in.
2) Stop defenders sliding across in numbers.
3)When fatigue kicks in defenders will just slide across especially if he picks out a forward and the nice change of pace he showed was glimpses of old school Brett.(I think he is ready to fire if Manly play well)

In terms of tactics against the Cowboys and teams in the Semis if I get the chance I might post a few up if I can get video of the teams---I don't have Foxtel.

Or I could be employed for the next month or so I have 9 months of annual leave and long service that needs to be used up somehow lol.

Do we just give up now?

OK OK I don't have time to wait for your answer, I'll take it as a No! we don't give up. Sounds like we've got plenty of play left, though I got a bit concerned when you mentioned Watmough popping short balls to the other forwards. :D

Didn't you read my reply, I stated "why give up".

You should never give up but if you are a betting man I would not be putting money on us to win the GF.

Our attacking plays and structures have improved from last year but our forward punch which was not great last year is still not great this year.

We are a much fitter mobile side this year but without that punch we don't have a fall back option if the flair is unable to create try scoring opportunities.

Of course I read it but by the time I got to the end I forgot what you put at the beginning. :mad:
However it's good to hear your thoughts, certainly much more positive than the likes of Paul Kent, by the sound of it. ;)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Of course I read it but by the time I got to the end I forgot what you put at the beginning. :mad:
However it's good to hear your thoughts, certainly much more positive than the likes of Paul Kent, by the sound of it. ;)

I know you read it just messing with ya.

When I read my reply back it did come across as overly harsh like a strict German please don't put me on your ignore list lol.

Oh by the way I love when people put you(as in everyone) on their ignore list you end up getting a private alert stating so and so has added you to be a buddy, nice way to soften the blow Dan lol.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6