Are people here upset or is it just Volley & I?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't consider the Rorters to be a team, just an amalgam of highly paid mercenaries, put together by a bunch of rich eastern suburbs wankers. Therefore I can cope. But, I too never watch Manly losses. I will spend some of my valuable time looking at how other sports, NHL, AFL, US football and FIFA handle the bias, both conscious and unconscious, aspect of referees. I will firstly try and speak to the NRL about this problem. If in fact they do see it a problem.

The first line of DSM5s post above says it all.

Mercenaries indeed.

I too will be in touch with the NRL via email over the next few days. We can't let this rubbish just pass without asking some questions.

dowdz said:
I am. Hate losing a gf. Thought we were going to go on with it 10 points up.

Can't believe the chooks beat us 4 times.

Would not be so pissed if the refs didnt stuff up the game.

How does the team that gives away so much penalties only manage 2 infringements tonight?

2 penalties + a penalty try

I suppose you can't expect a 12-5 penalty count every time you play us.

Mitch said:
I go through phases of thinking 'another grand final appearance..great season' but then I think of what may have been with a 10 point lead and start thinking how if a few moments went differently we'd be the ones celebrating today.

So disappointment has been the over all feeling today for me and probably most others on here, but that's what following our club is about, we will make more grand finals. We may lose some and feel the disappointment again, but we will win more and that feeling makes days like this worth it.

Exactly how I have been feeling...a 10 point lead and a few penalties to us, would the result have been different?

Am frustrated as it is so hard to make a GF..we were so close!!! It is not easy to make them each year so when you do and then to lose the way we did it hurts.

WAMF said:
I am gutted at the result but to me it was a bitter sweet sort of night.
I chucked $100 on Taufua (FTS) into DCE (Churchill Medal) @ $67

Would gladly trade my win for a Manly win.

That seems like a nice tidy pick up!

Ok, its been almost 48 hrs since the GF, and that little bit of time has dulled the pain somewhat. Still feel lucky, after these 46 years, to be a Sea Eagles supporter.

Can't believe there is no footy on this weekend but of course our guys need a big rest.
Wolfy should be re-signed, and coached to improve aspects of his game. He will repay us thrice over don't you worry.

Can't wait for next year, but the idea of the World Cup bores me. However I do hope the Chooks win the WCC, With or without $BW.

DSM5 said:
.... I will spend some of my valuable time looking at how other sports, NHL, AFL, US football and FIFA handle the bias, both conscious and unconscious, aspect of referees. I will firstly try and speak to the NRL about this problem. If in fact they do see it a problem.
The NRL could do worse than pay you as a consultant to investigate that.

Harrigan apparently used to have the refs studying players, with a view to anticipating what infringements they were likely to commit. Building up a dossier on players. And teams?

This practice must be stopped.

In court you can't admit evidence of past offences to prove someone is guilty this time (well you can, but only in extremely limited circumstances). The reason is that it is generally not relevant to a consideration of guilt this time, and the danger of unfair prejudice against the accused is too great.

If refs are still going into games with pre-conceived ideas about which players will commit which offence, and which team will give away a penalty in which situation, then they are loaded down with so much prejudice that refereeing on what they actually see must be next to impossible.

For example, I have no idea why Horo was penalised when JWH dropped the ball. Maybe the ref had a preconceived idea that Manly would give away a penalty on our own line to buy time? And so, sees the ball on the deck and assumes it was our fault?

bob dylan said:
The first line of DSM5s post above says it all.

Mercenaries indeed.

I too will be in touch with the NRL via email over the next few days. We can't let this rubbish just pass without asking some questions.

why bother mate ... your a sea eagles supporter and all year the nrl has lapped it up ( roosters /souths ) they got the result they want , hail SBW the best player , have channel 9 backing them up with fairytale commentary ( blah,blah )..

they are delighted with the result , and who knows maybe the refs were told to ref a certain way....

replays of headbutts , drop balls , stripped balls , knock on , touched last ( jennings foot ) , forward passes , players taken out and not once did it go our way !!!!!

makes you wonder , the integrity of the NRL !!!!

unfortunately IMO even though the refs sided with the roosters on many decisions at 18-8 Lyon catches that bomb .... we win...

still gutted !!!!!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
DSM5 said:
.... I will spend some of my valuable time looking at how other sports, NHL, AFL, US football and FIFA handle the bias, both conscious and unconscious, aspect of referees. I will firstly try and speak to the NRL about this problem. If in fact they do see it a problem.
The NRL could do worse than pay you as a consultant to investigate that.

Harrigan apparently used to have the refs studying players, with a view to anticipating what infringements they were likely to commit. Building up a dossier on players. And teams?

This practice must be stopped.

In court you can't admit evidence of past offences to prove someone is guilty this time (well you can, but only in extremely limited circumstances). The reason is that it is generally not relevant to a consideration of guilt this time, and the danger of unfair prejudice against the accused is too great.

If refs are still going into games with pre-conceived ideas about which players will commit which offence, and which team will give away a penalty in which situation, then they are loaded down with so much prejudice that refereeing on what they actually see must be next to impossible.

For example, I have no idea why Horo was penalised when JWH dropped the ball. Maybe the ref had a preconceived idea that Manly would give away a penalty on our own line to buy time? And so, sees the ball on the deck and assumes it was our fault?
Yes, heard Daniel Anderson or one of the refs openly discussing this practice on TV. Anderson,with this policy, stratagem, has shown that he is utterly incapable of impartiality, even handedness. All Rl supporters, not just Manly folk, should be calling for his immediate sacking, replacement.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2