Archaelogist finds site of Jesus' first miracle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Among the roots of ancient olive trees, archaeologists have found pieces of large stone jars of the type the Gospel says Jesus used when he turned water into wine at a Jewish wedding in the Galilee village of Cana. They believe these could have been the same kind of vessels the Bible says Jesus used in his first miracle, and that the site where they were found could be the location of biblical Cana. But Bible scholars caution it'll be hard to obtain conclusive proof -- especially since experts disagree on exactly where Cana was located.Christian theologians attach great significance to the water-to-wine miracle at Cana. The act was not only Jesus' first miracle, but it also came at a crucial point in the early days of his public ministry -- when his reputation was growing, he had just selected his disciples and was under pressure to demonstrate his divinity.The shards were found during a salvage dig in modern-day Cana, between Nazareth and Capernaum.

Israeli archaeologist Yardena Alexander believes the Arab town was built near the ancient village. The jar pieces date to the Roman period, when Jesus traveled in the Galilee."All indications from the archaeological excavations suggest that the site of the wedding was (modern-day) Cana, the site that we have been investigating," said Alexander, as she cleaned the site of mud from winter rains.

I cant see that as anything but clasping at straws. Really the odds are extremely low that those particular pieces are the ones that jesus used.

I cant see that as anything but clasping at straws. Really the odds are extremely low that those particular pieces are the ones that jesus used.
I'd agree with that.

It's a big step to apply that to all the other research though.

A bit like saying that Hoppa is representative of every Manly player that has ever donned the maroon and white. :roll:

:lol: But still. Like you said. You can't just dig up one thing to answer all questions. Its little bits over everything you get that gives you an answer.

Its like the virgin mary things, i find them all funny.

But then again you get people who collect potato chips that look like people.

Im selling xbox games on ebay soon. Probably set a reserve of 200 for 11 games. If I say they look like ET, I might fetch a little more.

Could do, people are gullable.

I cant remember where but at some uni for phsycology i think they collected signatures to ban Di Hydrogen Oxide. They wrote it up well with all the bad things it can do. Piss funny.

People forget that archeology and ancient history tends to be a guessing game anyways... so many theories around. All we do is extrapolate from cultures we see today.

Anyways... It's all just a bit of fun, yes?

I noticed in the SMH today that a whole lot of people have been arrested for fraud on artifacts from around Jesus's time. Could be one more.

Why? Because your only 18 and the most important thing in the world is you??? When you mature more, you will understand that their are some very, very interesting things in this world outside yourself. Their is so much to be learnt in this world, but its a pitty people stop laughing at some of it when its too late to have an interest in.

Why? Because your only 18 and the most important thing in the world is you??? When you mature more, you will understand that their are some very, very interesting things in this world outside yourself. Their is so much to be learnt in this world, but its a pitty people stop laughing at some of it when its too late to have an interest in.

Why? Because no I'm not 18...(yet, 40 odd days). I know there are very interesting things in the world. Without being cocky I can assume that I have travelled more than yourself and visisted places you haven't.

I just can't wrap my head around ancient history. They base their "facts" on very,very,very remote evidence.

Oi! Most history is based on things written by the winners...
But whatever you say about history, let's just hope we all learn a lesson from it... What not to do...
I like reading up on mostly modern history. There is alot more evidence. It's still up to the individual on how it is interpreted. As is all life...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4