Approved $ 36.1 million funding for centre of excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Haha very true, but I'm sure there are a truckload I've left out. Steven Bell, Phil Morwood hahahaha, etc etc

Agreed, but there's no maroon more passionate than Choppy. I remember reading somewhere a while ago he's still filthy about the Origin where Fletcher tossed the grenade for the try celebration when the blues flogged them.
I reckon if he read Silvertails he'd be filthy with you too '47ers for leaving him out!! @:oops:

Does this mean we can host home semi final games now upon completion?

We'd like to think so. I can't remember what the guidelines were. If it was a 'must be able to hold a minimum of "x" number of fans', you can be sure that Todd will raise that number to 100 people above Manly's expected capacity.

Also...

I hope everything gets upgraded... except for the opposition's changing room! :p

We'd like to think so. I can't remember what the guidelines were. If it was a 'must be able to hold a minimum of "x" number of fans', you can be sure that Todd will raise that number to 100 people above Manly's expected capacity.

Also...

I hope everything gets upgraded... except for the opposition's changing room! :p
I think the stadium capacity has to be at 25,000

Based on past history, I have a concern that if we have a change of government, they'd pull the funding. I'd like to see development start asap.

I will even travel to Gosford.

Based on past history, I have a concern that if we have a change of government, they'd pull the funding. I'd like to see development start asap.

I will even travel to Gosford.
My understanding the funding is guaranteed, the announcement was made before the government went into caretaker mode before the election. Therefore it is locked into the budgets etc

As I can’t get access anymore but read a headline saying this in the daily Tele funding now approved.
Manly get $36.1 million upgrade and 3000 new seat stand with centre of excellence attached to it
Best news all week
Can someone who has access post full article please
Daily Telegraph exclusive posted about 10 minutes ago
WOW that’s works out at $12,000 per seat!
Gees maybe we should have asked TB if we could borrow some of his seats!!

Last edited:
As exciting as it sounds, imo this is way too much of a coincidence before the elections. So many promises, pledges and plans in the last decade, I'll believe it when it actually happens.

100%

I will be jumping for joy when they actually start the building work for this.

When Labour win the election, what is to stop those priks in reversing the decision. Its been done before.

They should start the work now!!

My understanding the funding is guaranteed, the announcement was made before the government went into caretaker mode before the election. Therefore it is locked into the budgets etc
From what I can see it is not a promise that the Coalition are making - it is an identified Government commitment and expenditure. I would be guessing and it is just my political brain working overtime (I am a Lobbyist) that it also suits the Coalition's purposes with the election pending that it is a good news story for the northern beaches so that they reduce the prospects of a Kerryn Phelps result in any of the Northern Beaches seats. Sorry but in general Governments don't just hand out bucks because it makes sense - they hand them out because politically it is good for them or mates or even the pollies themselves have a vested interest in that particular project. Anyway - it doesn't matter why they have given the funding - just that it is fabulous news that they have. Let's just hope it is all locked down with contracts! Mind you the Victorian Government walked away from the East West link I think which cost a motza but yes normally any new Government will go with what has been signed off by the previous Government prior to caretaker mode - even if the northern beaches are not Labor territory. Not sure though that there will be a change of Government down there - maybe just a moderate swing away. I haven't been following the politics that closely though. Having said all that - kudos to the club and Gorman and lets all be positive that this project will now proceed.

Agreed, but there's no maroon more passionate than Choppy. I remember reading somewhere a while ago he's still filthy about the Origin where Fletcher tossed the grenade for the try celebration when the blues flogged them.
I reckon if he read Silvertails he'd be filthy with you too '47ers for leaving him out!! @:oops:

In fairness, they could call it the Clive Palmer Stand for all I care, as long as it gets done!

From what I can see it is not a promise that the Coalition are making - it is an identified Government commitment and expenditure. I would be guessing and it is just my political brain working overtime (I am a Lobbyist) that it also suits the Coalition's purposes with the election pending that it is a good news story for the northern beaches so that they reduce the prospects of a Kerryn Phelps result in any of the Northern Beaches seats. Sorry but in general Governments don't just hand out bucks because it makes sense - they hand them out because politically it is good for them or mates or even the pollies themselves have a vested interest in that particular project. Anyway - it doesn't matter why they have given the funding - just that it is fabulous news that they have. Let's just hope it is all locked down with contracts! Mind you the Victorian Government walked away from the East West link I think which cost a motza but yes normally any new Government will go with what has been signed off by the previous Government prior to caretaker mode - even if the northern beaches are not Labor territory. Not sure though that there will be a change of Government down there - maybe just a moderate swing away. I haven't been following the politics that closely though. Having said all that - kudos to the club and Gorman and lets all be positive that this project will now proceed.
All informative stuff.I sincerely hope it proceeds as reported.
My concerns are: who will foot the bill when the construction exceeds the 36.1M? It is inevitable when any building project is costed that it is underestimated, particularly when Government is involved.
Will the Penns be willing to pay for this shortfall? Indeed, who will own the structure - the NSW Government, the Federal Government, The Sea Eagles or the Council?
Who will pay for the ongoing upkeep of the structure? Will the centre be able to be leased out to private enterprise?
Has the Council seen a DA for the structure? Has anyone in authority from the Council made a comment about the proposal? If so, what is the timeline from now?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2