Approved $ 36.1 million funding for centre of excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...g-state-government/1qxlul27hh3331m9pi1uzdzmte

The Manly Sea Eagles are not going anywhere.

That was the loud and clear message to come from a historic - and long-awaited - confirmation of funding for dilapidated Brookvale Oval.

The NSW State Government will pitch in a no-strings-attached $20m to help fund a Centre of Excellence at the northern end of the ground.

The COE will feature grandstand seating and multi-purpose community facilities for a range of sporting and non-sporting organisations.

Manly and the federal government will contribute an extra $16m between them to bring the project to life.

Sea Eagles CEO Lyall Gorman declared the announcement a game changer for the club - and one that will ensure the maroon and white's future on the peninsula.

"The support of the NSW Government has been integral to this project occurring and cementing our long-term commitment to Brookvale Oval which I know will excite our members, fans and partners at all levels," he said.

"This is the major stepping stone to ensuring that our elite aspiring athletes, male and female and our community at large, have the best possible facilities to allow them to maximise their potential, for many years to come."

"We are both excited and delighted that our Centre of Excellence, which has been on the drawing board for many years, will now be brought to life.

"Not only will it provide access to the many talented sports people on the Northern Beaches, it will also provide the much-needed facilities through which our wide range of community and social impact programs can be run for the benefit of all young people across the northern beaches."

It is hoped building work will start later this year and be completed by 2020.

The Sea Eagles will push forward with plans to launch a female team on the back of the COE development.

NSW Minister for Sport, Stuart Ayres, said: "Centres of Excellence are a key part of our sport state wide sports infrastructure plan.

"The Sea Eagles Centre of Excellence will ensure the club stays close to its traditional community and rugby league remains strong on the northern beaches."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/3fc7c1d11623f3413b8549a2fee54308

Manly’s spiritual home Lottoland will receive a $36.1 million facelift including a 3000-seat grandstand and centre of excellence after securing a NSW government grant.

The Gladys Berejiklian government on Friday promised $20 million for the project.

Brookvale Oval has long been criticised as antiquated and lacking compared to modern stadiums and will receive a major makeover after the NRL club secured funding from the state and federal governments.

The club has been fighting for several years to upgrade the facility and chairman Scott Penn has previously outlined a broader master plan for Brookvale Oval.

Local member Tony Abbott has previously pledged $12.5 million worth of federal funds for the project with the club to chip in the remaining $3.6 million.

It will see a grandstand built at the northern end of the ground with a centre of excellence and training facility attached.

“This is the major stepping stone to ensuring that our elite aspiring athletes, male and female and our community at large, have the best possible facilities to allow them to maximise their potential, for many years to come,” CEO Lyall Gorman said.

“We are both excited and delighted that our Centre of Excellence, which has been on the drawing board for many years, will now be brought to life.”

663A6D25-081B-4829-BBB8-E89817C8A94C.jpeg

Totally agree Bozo - get on board now and enjoy the ride. It will be exciting- don’t jump on the band wagon when the journey is almost over
Oh What a feeling !!!
Manly Warringah, Manly Warringah.
They'll all be waltzing behind you this year.
Manly Manly Manly is the chant you'll hear around the ground.
They'll all be waltzing behind us this year.
1-zq2fkJiyGO8pSFmg-wvi1Q.jpg

I wonder how long before we see the back of the Lottoland name ?? They have already had their ability to bet on overseas lotteries curtailed, and now it looks like their replacement "jackpot betting" system may be challenged. Their revenue must be taking a hit. I'm not sure how long the naming rights deal was signed for, but it wouldn't surprise if they pack it in after this year

I wonder how long before we see the back of the Lottoland name ?? They have already had their ability to bet on overseas lotteries curtailed, and now it looks like their replacement "jackpot betting" system may be challenged. Their revenue must be taking a hit. I'm not sure how long the naming rights deal was signed for, but it wouldn't surprise if they pack it in after this year
This is the last year.

They are honouring their 3 year term even though they can no longer operate in NSW :rock:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2