• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Given what Qld have come out and said, NRL had to out hard they should have doubled the punishment. After all he did double up on what Jay Arrow did.
I agree but I believe the max fine is 50k according to the collective bargaining agreement with the RLPA.

Api would be the last player I'd expect. It sure proves the old saying to never judge a book by its cover.

Penalty way too lenient, given what could've happened. Hopefully a deterrent for others but not holding my breath.

Should be $35,000 and 2 weeks suspension. At absolute minimum.
The whole comp is hanging by a thread and won't take much more from a naive or thoughtless or selfish or butt ignorant player or even one of their family members and the whole show may grind to a halt.
Pink 3D GIF by Doze Studio
$35,000 plus whatever he was paid from the blues also as a minimum.

Ridiculous, players were essentially complaining earlier in the year with the rule changes how the the nrl were changing their working conditions without consultation.
In this situation I think vlandys should treat this as a workplace.
If an employee committed a serious breach of safety in any other workplace what would happen?
If an employee caused a company to cease trading due to bringing them into disrepute, what would happen?

We all know it wouldn't be a 2 week stand down and a small fine.
Vlandys need to grow a pair in this situation before things get out of hand

Penrith hooker Apisai Koroisau has been issued a two-game suspension and $35,000 fine for alleged COVID-19 breaches involving an unregistered female guest while he was in the NSW Origin bubble.

Koroisau allegedly brought a woman into NSW camp in the lead-up to and aftermath of Origin II in Brisbane in late June.

A statement from Koroisau said: “I made the choice to do the wrong thing and my actions have brought shame and embarrassment to many people, especially my wife and children. I will be forever sorry.

“I sincerely apologise to the NRL, NSW Rugby League, Panthers, the sponsors and stakeholders, and all my teammates for letting you down.

“I apologise to the fans for putting our game at risk, particularly at such a challenging time for so many people.

“I apologise to my wife Amy for the pain I have caused. I’ve hurt you and the girls with my selfish, thoughtless actions.

His wife Amy was also quoted in the statement, saying: “While there have been some painful lies and misrepresentation in certain media reports, I don’t think it is in the best interests of our family to engage with it.

“Api is a great dad and although this has hurt me immensely I have no doubt he will put the necessary strategies in place to learn from this and better who he is.”

Penrith hooker Apisai Koroisau has been issued a two-game suspension and $35,000 fine for alleged COVID-19 breaches involving an unregistered female guest while he was in the NSW Origin bubble.

Koroisau allegedly brought a woman into NSW camp in the lead-up to and aftermath of Origin II in Brisbane in late June.

A statement from Koroisau said: “I made the choice to do the wrong thing and my actions have brought shame and embarrassment to many people, especially my wife and children. I will be forever sorry.

“I sincerely apologise to the NRL, NSW Rugby League, Panthers, the sponsors and stakeholders, and all my teammates for letting you down.

“I apologise to the fans for putting our game at risk, particularly at such a challenging time for so many people.

“I apologise to my wife Amy for the pain I have caused. I’ve hurt you and the girls with my selfish, thoughtless actions.

His wife Amy was also quoted in the statement, saying: “While there have been some painful lies and misrepresentation in certain media reports, I don’t think it is in the best interests of our family to engage with it.

“Api is a great dad and although this has hurt me immensely I have no doubt he will put the necessary strategies in place to learn from this and better who he is.”
Two things:
1. Bit much that the headline describes him as 'mischievous".
2. Sad that they dragged his wife in to issue a clearing statement - The Good Wife.

Vlandys needs to say that the next bloke caught gets a 12 month ban.
A tough one. I was going to suggest an automatic 2 month suspension but that would mainly be a deterrent for players expecting or hoping to make finals.
The players are making huge adjustments to keep their livelihoods going, and to keep the game going. But alcohol for some reason goes with making illogical decisions. The players have access to alcohol so there will be more bad choices.

The better strategy for the NRL may be to just have tighter security around the bubble. Rather than a drunk player can just sneak someone into camp. Yes there would be some costs involved but surely better than the whole comp is kicked out of Qld and finished all because the NRL bet everything on players being responsible (which I'm sure 99% of them would be ... when sober).

edit - just remembered St BBQ - maybe 50%, when sober

Moving the families up there will make it a little harder fools to play up. But the penalties are inadequate the NRL is a marsh mellow. The players should be told the next offender is out for 12 matches.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4