[Resurrected] Api or Parcell? That is the question...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I must have been watching different games to you .... saw very little evidence of that !! a hooker needs to create not just be a support player
I see Parcell is still a better hooker than api in those aspects regardless of the games we watched, although in saying that I surely wouldn't be disappointed if proven wrong, at the end of the day whoever wants it more and trains hardest should get the role

I hope Parcell has a radical awakening & lives up to everyones expectations ... no one would be more pleased than me .... so far he has been a huge disappointment

I hope Parcell has a radical awakening & lives up to everyones expectations ... no one would be more pleased than me .... so far he has been a huge disappointment
Yes despite being the pin up boy here I wasn't impressed much at all. Kid can obviously play but whether it was the step up to 1st grade or a confidence thing I don't think he played with the flair and dash we expected from him. At least we have Api as an option. Best in form player gets the gig.. I don't care who it is..Lets just win a few games ffs

I keep hearing he is a better defender, yet Parcell missed 1 tackle per game and Api missed around 4 per game (more than any other player in our team). Parcell made 36 tackles per game as opposed to 32 for Api. Api made a few big tackles and that is what people remember rather than seeing the full picture I think.
Wow that stat comparison is pretty interesting. I think you are correct that some of Apis hits were bigger and hence more memorable.

Wow that stat comparison is pretty interesting. I think you are correct that some of Apis hits were bigger and hence more memorable.
He is a gutsy player; however, I think Parcell is a better ball distributor, better defender and given more experience will learn to use his speed more effectively. I'd like to see Api trialled as a utility off the bench instead of brown.

He is a gutsy player; however, I think Parcell is a better ball distributor, better defender and given more experience will learn to use his speed more effectively. I'd like to see Api trialled as a utility off the bench instead of brown.
The one thing I like in a team (and which we have lacked in recent years) is pace. In any sport you just can't coach it and it's a precious commodity. Tommy, Walker and Parcell have it in spades. Hopefully we can utilize this in the coming seasons, as the thought of Parcell causing busts out of dummy half with Tommy in support is mouth watering.

The one thing I like in a team (and which we have lacked in recent years) is pace. In any sport you just can't coach it and it's a precious commodity. Tommy, Walker and Parcell have it in spades. Hopefully we can utilize this in the coming seasons, as the thought of Parcell causing busts out of dummy half with Tommy in support is mouth watering.
Bang on!

Api made more line breaks than Parcell last year and 300 odd more running metres and people talk about Parcell's dangerous running game?

Parcell doesn't appear very creative to me; he passes or runs straight and that's it. API schemes and it's great to watch.

Api made more line breaks than Parcell last year and 300 odd more running metres and people talk about Parcell's dangerous running game?

Parcell doesn't appear very creative to me; he passes or runs straight and that's it. API schemes and it's great to watch.
on what we have seen so far ..... I have to agree

Parcell was superbly creative for the Ippy Jets, I have a feeling he was coached to do whatever he did this year.

He's by far the better Hooker BUT we haven't seen the best of him yet.

I have a feeling 2017 will be his year.

Same as Matai. Every one will remember him for his bone crushing hits. If you look at his miss tackle stats, they are huge. Anyone that is quick with a little bit of size would more often than not beat the Matai one on one tackle. And before people start blowing up.. 2015 total tackles 126 and missed tackles 57.. compared to hiku same year 199 total 44 missed compared to killer 311 total 38 missed compared to DCE 525 total 37 missed.. finally Jake T.. 601 tackles only 14 missed.. Stats dont lie boys.
Api in 2016 580 tackles 70 misses.... Matt P 543 total 17 missed. Parcel is a much more consistant defender

That's because he played more games. Granted, Parcell needs to lift his running game given the speed he has.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2