Api/ Fainu - Spoiled with quality 9's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fainu is a gun and we are about to see if he can play an 80 minute game.I hope it does not impact on his effectiveness as he comes on and sparks the team from dummy half and is a huge part of our spine. The club must do what it takes to sign him to a long term contract!

I personally think that the hooker position is still underrated in the NRL. You’d think sCam would have made people realise the value of a dummy half that can draw in the markets and let the forwards hit the defensive line. Then they have to tackle a bunch, be able to run it when there’s a fast play the ball and give good service to the halves. There’s 2 hookers in the NRL that are clearly above the rest of the pack: CS and Cook. Fainu could be as valuable for us going forward as these two are for their teams, I hope we lock him up long term and he keeps focused.

I like API but he is so enigmatic he can make it hard for those around him. His best trait is his loyalty to the team and the culture he brings, which shouldn’t be overlooked either.

This article just highlights for me the significance of Des's return. Lets not forget those that Des has placed around him including Crusher. He is highly respected and players want to play for him. I expect John Cartwright is loving the opportunity of working with Des. The transformation in this playing group is amazing and our club is again a very desirable opportunity for quality players. Fainu is a real talent and a good kid who has a very smart manager. He is a long term keeper for me.

Think that a point of interest is when Des may consider Fainu as the starting 9 or even if he thinks that has the capacity to be a suitable 80 minute player in the not too distant future . in contrast to the present arrangement . Seems to be an excellent dynamic with the way things are going at present with them working in tandem and A P i as the starting 9 .. No question that Fainu 's game has gone to another level this year [ very noticeably in ruck defence also ] . Anyway both seem very content with the present situation and if this continues into the future , great but of course despite A P I "s still very valuable input , Fainu has the real star future rating about him and ideally in Manly colours long term

• 🏆
Reactions: Sue
Fainu and api are the Lennon/McCartney of manly at the moment. They seem to be pushing each other along nicely to play better. What one lacks, then the other has.Not only that, the team is better for it. They seem good for each other and des is coaching/using them well. As long as they keep their heads, I can’t see a problem here. Along with Parker,Thompson and others we have decent side, and to think things can get better.

Great read... could quote many lines... but this is telling
"But before I could give it any real time to mull over, Des Hasler was announced as the new coach of Manly and immediately my manager said that I have to stay put"

Nice to see that DH has sway with player managers

Fainu and api are the Lennon/McCartney of manly at the moment. They seem to be pushing each other along nicely to play better. What one lacks, then the other has.Not only that, the team is better for it. They seem good for each other and des is coaching/using them well. As long as they keep their heads, I can’t see a problem here. Along with Parker,Thompson and others we have decent side, and to think things can get better.

Yep, Api seems to relish the lead role and I think has had more darts from dummy half this year than previously. Will be interesting to see how he goes as a leader now that DCE is out for a while.
Can he keep his head with our relatively inexperienced halves pairing?

And conversely now that Fainu is having a breakout season, how does he go within the team dynamic?
When he comes on ( and with DCE there) he seems to have the confidence to do his stuff.
Can he continue doing what he does or will he try too much without DCE?

Let's hope they roll on.

It’s working this year and I’m happy for it to stay that way. But if someone was to do an examination of points scored first twenty vs when fainu is on I think there would be a clear pattern. I really like korisau as a fourteenth man. But he is not a first class hooker. Maybe a first grade one. But that doesn’t mean he can’t add value to the team. Little men are making their way back with the fatigue in the game now. I just wonder where Api’s best move might be career wise if manly realise what they have in fainu. The few games I saw the kid play in the twenties told me he was a star straight away and the first trial he played last year showed he was ready to handle first grade.

Good position to be in.

For all those writing off api, i think tonight proved how important he is to our structure.... played 80min with an injured calf whilst Manase (who I absolutely love as a player and am not putting the knock on at all) struggled to play 50 min uninjured let alone a full 80.... I love fainu but I think Api is MASSIVELY underrated for the effort he puts in every week...

I have been critical of Api in the past but he is really playing sone good football. Has the occasional bad pass still but is looking so much sharper playing less minutes.
I hope we can keep the both in the rotation we currently have going as it’s working well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8