Api/ Fainu - Spoiled with quality 9's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Both have been outstanding....
Fainu has a Massive future and is a key part of long term success.
In saying that, damn Api has been impressive....even when we were down 6 and 12 nil.....Api was making half breaks and defensively as usual, was a rock but most importantly, kept his energy up which helps lift those around him, then Fainu adds an up tempo style off the wood and has players pushing up with him all day.
It's a hard balance and may be a struggle to keep 2 Top shelf players competing for the 9, but personally have felt Api has really stepped it up of late with Fainu the young gun on the rise.....
Decisions will be interesting with 2 top shelf players who both are doing great....in fact the way Des has them playing their role has been a huge part of Manly success so far in 2019....

Both have been outstanding....
Fainu has a Massive future and is a key part of long term success.
In saying that, damn Api has been impressive....even when we were down 6 and 12 nil.....Api was making half breaks and defensively as usual, was a rock but most importantly, kept his energy up which helps lift those around him, then Fainu adds an up tempo style off the wood and has players pushing up with him all day.
It's a hard balance and may be a struggle to keep 2 Top shelf players competing for the 9, but personally have felt Api has really stepped it up of late with Fainu the young gun on the rise.....
Decisions will be interesting with 2 top shelf players who both are doing great....in fact the way Des has them playing their role has been a huge part of Manly success so far in 2019....
Brandy proclaimed him the best "ducker"in the NRL at one stage yesterday.

Take out the emotional love fest for both players and at this point Api will be let go when his contract expires. He has his excellent moments and has been playing well these last 4 or so weeks but too often the little 1% plays that Des demands bite api in the arse.
The odd bad pass or poor delivery will be his undoing. Manese while still very green will be our new Ballin where as api will be a Heath Lestrange.....

Take out the emotional love fest for both players and at this point Api will be let go when his contract expires. He has his excellent moments and has been playing well these last 4 or so weeks but too often the little 1% plays that Des demands bite api in the arse.
The odd bad pass or poor delivery will be his undoing. Manese while still very green will be our new Ballin where as api will be a Heath Lestrange.....
Why can’t we just enjoy the moment. Des has two very good 9’s on his hands, and is using them perfectly atm.

Why can’t we just enjoy the moment. Des has two very good 9’s on his hands, and is using them perfectly atm.
Man you can't even write a reply to the actual question posed in the original thread without someone getting worked up.

Trust me I'm enjoying our footy again and we will only get better.

Fact is thou whichever way you look at it we won't be able to hold onto 2 top hookers past this year. Either we lock up Finau or he will go elsewhere which would be a massive loss.

API would look good in any other colours but ours. I’ve watched three years of Trents man crush duck up every attacking play this team has. He is a 300k number 14. That’s it. Sorry all the lovers your passion is respected but your insight is horrible.

And out come all the Api haters again.. yes I agree if I had to choose id go Manase long term, but that's more a reflection of how good a player he is, not how supposedly incompetent Api is. I can think of many teams who'd jump at the chance to have either as their starting hooker - two supposed gun sides Cows and Panthers are probably not going as good as they should due to their mediocre number 9s.
They are both great players - don't need to bring either of them down.

API would look good in any other colours but ours. I’ve watched three years of Trents man crush duck up every attacking play this team has. He is a 300k number 14. That’s it. Sorry all the lovers your passion is respected but your insight is horrible.
Just last year at this time, and the weeks running up to origin, Api was one of the front runners for NSW #9 slot. After a slow start to this season he has definitely upped his game when pushed by Fainu. A good selection headache for Des to have as a Manly fan.

At the moment, I am enjoying watching the two of them battle it out. Hopefully it brings out the best in both.

From my point of view, if Des can keep them both healthy and keen, and the rotation suits both of them, all the better for us as a team.

Time will tell.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8