Api a chance for Origin selection

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Looks like Api is in the frame for Origin next year if Rothfield’s column is to be believed.

Freddy to axe Peats at Blues

WE’RE hearing new coach Brad Fittler will make big changes to the NSW State of Origin side next year. Fittler wants to put the emphasis on attack, which probably means the likes of hooker Nathan Peats not getting a start.

Peats is outstanding defensively but lacks any dash or creativity with the football. We’ve heard Fittler is a huge fan of Sea Eagles hooker Apisai Koroisau. As long as his form is strong early next season, he’ll play Origin.

Makes a mockery of the game isn't he Fijian? No that's right born in Australia and learnt all his rugby league in oz. Api has chosen Fiji and that's fine but he should be banned from origin along with Fifita. Peats isn't a great player but at least he didn't find some old grandma from some country so he could play in the world cup for him origin is every thing and if it isn't for Api than he shouldn't be playing. Not just picking on Api I feel all players who chose a country to play for that's it enjoy it but don't expect origin also.

Its blind freddy anything could happen.. pearce will be there 100% this we all know

One more reason why it would be good for Pearce to come to us. We may well have the NSW 1, 3, 7, 9 and 13 next year... depending on Turbo's form compared to Tedesco's.

Those kinds of club combinations could really benefit NSW.

One more reason why it would be good for Pearce to come to us. We may well have the NSW 1, 3, 7, 9 and 13 next year... depending on Turbo's form compared to Tedesco's.

Those kinds of club combinations could really benefit NSW.
Indeed... turbo i think will goto another level but only if we get pearce or someone else experiencd. Tedesco will improve no doubt especially with gronk there

I watched Api's service in the Aus game very closely and some of his long passes to his halves off the ruck, were very impressive.

Its an area the Samoa really need to improve ... some extremely wayward passes that cost them dearly ... imho

I watched Api's service in the Aus game very closely and some of his long passes to his halves off the ruck, were very impressive.
Yes, wasn’t a huge fan early on, but he is improving fast and I think he will probably be one of the top three hookers in the game by 2019.

Up there behind Smith (who will play on and on) and alongside the likes of Friend.

Api is not the 2nd best hooker in the NRL.
Scam> Pommy ACL bad luck> Shadow of a friend> Hunt the back up Aussie hooker> the rest.

Api is probably slightly behind but near enough to par with the front of "the rest"; McC, Peats, and Farrah the drainpipe.

His service is not quality for an 80 min SOO player, god knows how many of his passes find the shoulder. So that means fweddy needs a back up hooker if he picks Api, and I can't see that happening tbh.

Api has reached his level of incompetence - representing Fiji, and he did it well.

I cannot see enough improvement to push him into an 80 min SOO player (sorry I do like API).

Api is not the 2nd best hooker in the NRL.
Scam> Pommy ACL bad luck> Shadow of a friend> Hunt the back up Aussie hooker> the rest.

Api is probably slightly behind but near enough to par with the front of "the rest"; McC, Peats, and Farrah the drainpipe.

His service is not quality for an 80 min SOO player, god knows how many of his passes find the shoulder. So that means fweddy needs a back up hooker if he picks Api, and I can't see that happening tbh.

Api has reached his level of incompetence - representing Fiji, and he did it well.

I cannot see enough improvement to push him into an 80 min SOO player (sorry I do like API).
He isnt near Smith but for sure the next best thing. Friend and Hodgson are inconsistent and cant last the 80. And hunt is horrible its a joke he made australia was sitting in reserves this season. Api was easily 2nd best hooker this year.

Hunt's selection was a joke really because no way was it deserved. But really, I do feel a bit for him or anyone who would have been selected as the Kangaroos back up hooker. With Smith trying to put the consecutive games record as high as possible they were only ever going to get a minimal amount of game time.

Hunt basically played the second half against France in this tournament and that's it.

Smith may be out there playing for Australia, and playing well. But the fact is that he is also out there to get his name in the records and keep it there for as long as possible. The guy has a bigger ego than Vince McMahon.

Api’s passing game has improved immensely over the last year. I don’t know whether it’s from smarter coaching by bringing him off when he’s tired or just because of extra effort put in at Narrabeen.
He tackles like a champion and gives his all, and it’s great to see those looping passes that hit the shoulder are almost out of his game.

Makes a mockery of the game isn't he Fijian? No that's right born in Australia and learnt all his rugby league in oz. Api has chosen Fiji and that's fine but he should be banned from origin along with Fifita. Peats isn't a great player but at least he didn't find some old grandma from some country so he could play in the world cup for him origin is every thing and if it isn't for Api than he shouldn't be playing. Not just picking on Api I feel all players who chose a country to play for that's it enjoy it but don't expect origin also.
I personally feel that the elegibilty of the SOO rules need changing.. It's called state of origin (not country of origin). So no problems with api or any other "international" player that was developed /first came through the relevant "state" rugby league system playing SOO.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8