anyone have/ever used an inflatable canoe/kayak?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
JUst wondering if anyone has ever used or has one of these?

Nah, see them is action though at Narrabeen Lake. Appear to be as stable as the real thing but a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to transport.

A lot harder than blowing up a party balloon though.

most come with a foot pump. I am thinking of buying a cheap one to see how they are for a few fishing expeditions. Just want to find out if they are any good first. Main problem is that most of them are bloody bright orange!

A word of warning, when I was kid me and father went fishing an an inflatable boat up at hastings point which is near NSWQld border.

I actually caught a big flathead, pull it in and its gill rakers spiked the boat and it quickly sank. We were left with about a 1 km walk through the mangroves and bush to get back to the highway.

lol, yeah the thought had already crossed my mind, however I was thinking freshwater fishing with less "spiky" fish. But there is an easy resolution.

- lay a towel in an area for landing fish :)

26 PVC should be think enough to with stand a flat head though

I actaully bought one about a week ago. The kayak, not a canoe. Although I can't say I would fish from it, you would certainly be capable of doing so.

It wouldn't so much be fishing from it as using it to access certain inaccessible areas at spot I use to fish at. I use to have to swim through water too deep to touch the bottom with my rod and all my gear just to get to it. I figure a canoe would save a lot of time and effort consider it was a several hundred metre swim

Well you wont have trouble carting it all on. Mine is a 26 PVC at it holds up to 180kgs. Keep in mind that 32 PVC is also very common on these things. I highly recomend them and they're great for exercise too. I was sceptical at first as to wether it was just a blow up bloody boat you coould use in your pool but they are great.

Yeah agreed Flip they're good - we've got a canoe one and I think it's more stable than our real canoe.
You can fish out of the canoe but I'd make sure you know where all your hooks are and watch out when casting....we put a hole in ours the first time we took it out (it wouldn't have helped that we were pretty drunk)

fLIP and PJ do you have online links to the kind you got or brand names, and info on how much (ball park) you paid?

I have a Coleman 1 person kayak. Only problem with it is that its canairy yellow.

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/ColemanCom/subcategory.asp?CategoryID=27350

Mata- she's not just a doll....her name is Madeline and she is perfect to me.
BTW has anyone got a foot pump

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4