Anyone else want another centre?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Its great to hear talk of Gillett & Solomona being chased by Manly, but the biggest hole for 2017 as we are today...is the centre spot.
Yes 5/8 is another area but Green is signed....
No Lyon
Matai....Will be lucky to play 10 games - Dylan Walker is there, but this option of Lewis Brown or Williame is simply scary out wide.
Who is out there to sign?
Seems very little available options...& will be a major weakness in 2017

Can uate play centre:0)

Or Parker? Maybe.

Seriously the best result would be for Brett to be fit for one last season, and put Tommy in at left centre. He did really well there in the 2 or 3 games he had at centre this year.

Its great to hear talk of Gillett & Solomona being chased by Manly, but the biggest hole for 2017 as we are today...is the centre spot.
Yes 5/8 is another area but Green is signed....
No Lyon
Matai....Will be lucky to play 10 games - Dylan Walker is there, but this option of Lewis Brown or Williame is simply scary out wide.
Who is out there to sign?
Seems very little available options...& will be a major weakness in 2017
Hey Max........I think we need to do as many other teams do & blood a youngster with plenty of potential! I've had this looking for players to fill the void & then watch as our younger players are lost to us. My starting backs would be something like this:-
Tom T
J Taufua
D Walker
B Parker (Matai if fit, B Wiliame as 2nd choice)
A Uate (not popular with supporters but I think he'll thrive at manly
B Green
DCE

Can live with giving Parker a go....probably right @madmax .....grass not always greener & defensively seen Parker come up with some big plays including a 1 on 1 tackle, on big Manu Vatevai against NZ....also played above his weight in attack with some tough runs in heavy traffic & can obviously finish as shown recently.....
Probably just a personal issue of imo, the best centre pairing in the NRL in Lyon & Matai (on last legs) & Manly without these 2 out wide seems....different.
Change is a part of the game & with who is available - think you nailed the best option.
Also agree with your Uate summary - like others including BJ Lealua - Newcastle does not bring out the best - Uate will add plenty & is a good signing.

Or Parker? Maybe.

Seriously the best result would be for Brett to be fit for one last season, and put Tommy in at left centre. He did really well there in the 2 or 3 games he had at centre this year.
Does anyone still seriously think 1)BStewart is staying and 2)is a viable option?He has been poor the last 2 years,form&attitude,and injury prone.He's a club great but his best days are behind him.TomT may of done really well at centre but he's done better at FB.

We will not win the gf next year in all likelihood (50-1 in my opinion) so i don't think we should worry about how our talented jnrs will be going next season but where they will be at in 2018. Stick them in and let them learn and build combinations, learn how Barrett wants them to play.

At this stage Parker seems the most likely for '17 unless Manly grabs someone else from another club.

It would appear to me there's 3 positions where we need players, 5/8 ( Green apparently signed ), a decent bopper ( Mr Plod only good as a backup now) , another edge forward ,so Solomona / Gillett fills those gaps well AND a centre pair for Walker ( assuming Skivvy will retire).

Parker looks to be the goods but to be thrust into that position as your lead player is probably asking a bit much.

So yes a centre is a must.

I imagine the issue is the cap space , assuming 1.2 million may have to be used for Stewart / Matai.

Love to see Skivvy go round again but think it's wishful thinking.

Can't see Snake getting back to his best for another year but who knows !!

Whare has had a heap of injuries, in hindsight we should of kept Gutherson who looks a pretty good 5/8th and could be our centre.

Just watching the horrific start to 2nd half. Fuk me dead Williame responsible for a 16 point deficit in 5minutes of the 2nd half. Bombed one and let 2 in. Not to mention the bombed one on the first half. This bloke should never be near first grade sgain yet we've recently signed him for 3 yrs. SERIOUSLY WTF are they doing. !!!!!!!!

Or Parker? Maybe.

Parker usually plays centre in the 20's so is a chance.

Has speed, reads the game well and is ove 90Kgs at 19 so would expect him close to the 100 after another off season which is big enough

Williame is not first grade standard at all
I don't think
Just watching the horrific start to 2nd half. Fuk me dead Williame responsible for a 16 point deficit in 5minutes of the 2nd half. Bombed one and let 2 in. Not to mention the bombed one on the first half. This bloke should never be near first grade sgain yet we've recently signed him for 3 yrs. SERIOUSLY WTF ar

Williame has shown some good touches and footwork. Seen enough positives in him to have faith that he can improve his error rate especially when he plays on his natural right side. He is still young with little experience, I believe he will develop into a very capable first grader at Manly.

You can't single out Williame as the weak link. It's been a horror season for the whole squad. There are definitely some positives signs in his natural ability. Once the squad settles down he will shine and prove plenty of people wrong. Yes he has had some ordinary defensive performances, but , he has also shown some classy touches and footwork. The foundations are there, just needs to tweak his game

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8