Anyone else over Voss?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
they are ‘hype machines’ tasked with extracting artificial excitement in every moment of the match
Yes that is so transparent, surely it doesn't fool anyone.
The other (or at least another, there are so many) thing that annoys is that Voss is always throwing in his adamant opinion on a ref or bunker ruling or on what is happening with the play. Just call the play and identify the players but for Pete's sake leave the analysis to the ex-players on the commentary team

Yes that is so transparent, surely it doesn't fool anyone.
The other (or at least another, there are so many) thing that annoys is that Voss is always throwing in his adamant opinion on a ref or bunker ruling or on what is happening with the play. Just call the play and identify the players but for Pete's sake leave the analysis to the ex-players on the commentary team
Yes the 'I'm happy with that ruling' bullsh1t like he's an actual expert has me reaching for the remote, don't the powers that be at fox ever listen to these morons, I sometimes feel pity for the likes of Brandy (who I consider one of the best) having to share the booth with these brainless, unfunny morons, he must be on a decent retainer to keep him coming back week after week for more of the same crap

i just watched the womens origin & the bloke never shuts up.
the whole game he barely paused long enough to let his offsider have any input.
the only thing i can think is that he must be paid by the word.
Many years ago my wife and I were guests at a wedding he also attended, we sat at the same table as Voss. Fair to say he rated himself then also - spoke over everyone and considered himself the emcee of our unfortunate table of 10.

NLW

i just watched the womens origin & the bloke never shuts up.
the whole game he barely paused long enough to let his offsider have any input.
the only thing i can think is that he must be paid by the word.
He use to be my favourite caller to listen to when he was at nine , he was actually good and actually called the games properly. Now I can’t stand the bloke and he is so annoying on fox.

The old firm of Smith, Brandy and Andy Raymond on the sideline are the best. Matt Russell is also quite good because he knows it’s not about him.

In last week’s game, Voss had to name drop Cronin and Wishart a couple of times, almost to project that he is ‘in’ with the players. Was a bit sad really.

I just wish these guys would realise that they are on TV and NOT the radio...
They don't need to "call" the action - the audience have eyes.
If only they would just identify the players currently in shot (for the benefit of audience that don't instantly recognise all NRL players).

This is what Rabs USED to do once upon a time (Amco Cup). Now he's too busy cross promoting Nein programs & sharing quips with his buddies.
if only they could have spent time with richie benaud before he passed away, he was a master of letting the vision do the talking

He is annoying but be careful what you wish for. I remember when 9 got rid of him only to bring in that mouth breathing QLDr Matt Thompson and revived Ray Hadley, disappointment only enhanced.

You could tell when Rabs' eyes & memory started going a few years ago when he'd pause midflow & obviously look down at a team list to read out the name of a player currently onscreen who he could only identify by the number on their back.

When he finally gave the commentary gig away, Murray Walker was the same age as Rabs is now.

I actually think he's still a pretty decent commentator... definitely makes many fewer mistakes than Muzza did

I think that he is the best commentator by miles..................not that there are many good ones out there. At least he calls a spade a spade.

I have disliked Voss ever since his segment on the footy show where he was throwing the cards around, he thought he was the star attraction on the show, and like most, glad when he was brought down to earth and dumped, he's certainly got his confidence back. He's a motor mouth alright, but most annoying is his constant need to try and get a bit of a laugh, mate just commentate the game professionally, and give others a go from time to time, nothing wrong with the odd banter, but Voss is a toss. I prefer Warren Smith any day

In fairness, I don’t mind him on The Fan the limited times I’ve seen it. He can spin a yarn ok.

In fairness, I don’t mind him on The Fan the limited times I’ve seen it. He can spin a yarn ok.

I was wondering how he'd take it when Lara Pitt was given the co hosting job? As it's still on air I assumed he hasn't throw a tantrum and left.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12