Any translators ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
wedgetail eagle said:
JT-"yeah, no, we won't put all our eggs in 1 basket, but a stitch in time will save 9,
but hey, that's the way the cookie crumbles"

Sounds like they are taking it one game at a time.

I always thought that was smart. Surely they would get too tired if they tried to play 2 games at once.

wedgetail eagle said:
zabble said:
bones said:
He says the word 'obviously' just about every sentence.

I'm glad someone else has noticed this.

Every player and commentator says it in just about every sentence... it does my head in, obviously. Obviously It's been happening for years now.

Well, if its so freaking obvious, don't say it !!!

Another way these clowns start their answers during interviews is, "Yeah,no".
WTF is yeah-no?

Lol @ yeah- no. Michael Ennis is always good for a yeah- no.

Chip and Chase said:
I love the constant struggle a lot of them have with the tense of did and done. Laurie Daley is the best example of this.

How about that imbecile Gasnier and his constant use of "them." Really Mark, they had to win them games did they.

You illiterate fool.

I remember hearing a few years back that Sterling had to take classes as he began his media career to improve his fluidity and expression.

Whether it worked is another issue, but fair to say he's nowhere near the worst of them.

Some of the ex-players could stand to do a bit of work in this area if they expect to be taken seriously. Gasnier is hopeless in this area. Kimmorley is no better.

Have to say, though, DCE is one of the most intelligent sounding players when he's interviewed.

bones said:
wedgetail eagle said:
zabble said:
bones said:
He says the word 'obviously' just about every sentence.

I'm glad someone else has noticed this.

Every player and commentator says it in just about every sentence... it does my head in, obviously. Obviously It's been happening for years now.

Well, if its so freaking obvious, don't say it !!!

Another way these clowns start their answers during interviews is, "Yeah,no".
WTF is yeah-no?

Lol @ yeah- no. Michael Ennis is always good for a yeah- no.
And yet another favourite they throw at us is ending the sentence in BUT.
Freddy & Joey do this one too, but.
They could put it at the start of their sentence, but.
It's like finishing your sentence with AND.
And what? But what?? Yeah, but, no, but..

" I think "...... Seriously a phrase overly used by many of them . An oxymoron if ever there was one .

simon64 said:
Have to say, though, DCE is one of the most intelligent sounding players when he's interviewed.

If Cherry can stop saying "Me & Keiran" ....
But I think that's a Generation Y thing.... 'Me' always comes first!

lismore_fan said:
simon64 said:

I hope he keeps saying "Me & Keiran" for many many years... because if he doesn't say that he would probably be saying "me & Josh (Reynolds)" or "me & Anthony (Milford)"...

They're footy players. You expect them to be boofheads.
Having said that, they should be a little more careful about who they put on TV.
I'm always quite quick to laugh at other codes about their shortfalls. Soccer with it's dives, Union & AFL with their handbags. The stereotype of a league player is as a boofhead. With the rules brought in to encourage diving and handbagging, we really need to watch the promotion of stupidity. We no longer have the upper hand in the "which code is the biggest joke?" debate.

MadMarcus said:
Ralphie said:
Or my favourite, king scum bellamy goes into a press conference and someone asks him the first question and his answer to the that very first question starts with "again............" Again what you f******n filthy cheating tool??????????? There's no again, this is the first time you dick!!!!!!!

That interview Fatty did with Bellamy on the footy show was excruciating with all the "agains".

Peter Tunks is an 'again' man too. Says it 100 times an hour.

lismore_fan said:
Brookvale said:
"Yeah definitely" is another common phrase he states.

He must of ....

How about we try.... "He must have ...."

something about glass-houses and stones

ha ha, Mr Pedantic.

lismore_fan said:
simon64 said:

Hey School teacher from boring Lismore.

Let DCE know the next time you see him.

:cool:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4