antique website

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was in yr12 1995 and I remember when they showed us in Computer Science class this new thing called the world wide web and the first thing I did a search on netscape navigator was Manly Sea Eagles and this page came up. I still remember printing off that picture of cliffy and the original club logo. Wow times have changed.

I was in yr12 1995 and I remember when they showed us in Computer Science class this new thing called the world wide web and the first thing I did a search on netscape navigator was Manly Sea Eagles and this page came up. I still remember printing off that picture of cliffy and the original club logo. Wow times have changed.
1995 i got married and boy didn't that put me in a web.

Comments were so civilised back then.

My how social media has dragged down the species.

This is awesome! I wonder how it would be if @Dan did the same thing??

Here's your chance to have your say on the mighty Sea Eagles. I guess I should have some amazing form for you to fill in, but it is too much effort. So if you've got something to say, e-mail me with your thoughts. I will put comments which I deem worthy of publication on here whenever I have the chance. I reserve the right to edit and censor your thoughts as I see fit. Those who can at least spell will be regarded favourably in this respect...

Great early site though. A bit of history right there!

Comments were so civilised back then.

My how social media has dragged down the species.

This is awesome! I wonder how it would be if @Dan did the same thing??

Here's your chance to have your say on the mighty Sea Eagles. I guess I should have some amazing form for you to fill in, but it is too much effort. So if you've got something to say, e-mail me with your thoughts. I will put comments which I deem worthy of publication on here whenever I have the chance. I reserve the right to edit and censor your thoughts as I see fit. Those who can at least spell will be regarded favourably in this respect...

Great early site though. A bit of history right there!

You also have to remember back then not everyone had the internet, and certainly not at home.

As a travel agent we were very early adopters of this new fangled technology, connecting to the net ( via dial up modem) in the very early 90's.

To give you youngins an idea of how it was back then , downloading a massive 2mb file would take maybe 2-3 hours.

I remember downloading a 5mb file from my accountant ( end of year figures that needed to be copied back on my first ever PC, a massive 10mb hard drive and cost $6000 in 1989 dollars, probably $30k today), and going in on a Sunday to do it as there was less traffic, I started at 7am, and eventually got it all through ( after two dropouts because the file was so large) about 3.30pm.

I found Bryan Gaenslers webpage the first year it was in operation ( and I forget exactly but think it was 1995).

They didn't do " post counts" back then, but I know I had over 10,000 on OEE, and another 15,000 on MWSE, so I'm guessing by the time I get to 20k on here I'll be approaching 50,000 comments overall, wow, how much wasted time is that!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8