Another wombat do

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sue

Bencher
At Kirra hotel right now rubbing shoulders with some great old eagles in honour of the Wombat.Arko and Neil Pringle waxing lyrical.Beaver Sirro ,legends galore.

Great how the game comes together for their own. All the negative stuff gets the headlines but this is what the game is about.

Had a good one on one with the Beaver about Dessie’s influence. Said the place is back . Can’t speak highly enough of what’s going on there now. Des is royalty out there and rightly so

Sirro also saying how much his son loves it ... and he was a Manly fan most of his life
Good times !

A LITTLE WOMBAT AID

The jersey Tom Trbojevic wore when he ran 330m against St George Illawarra in round 14 is being auctioned to help pay the medical bills of Manly club legend Graham “Wombat” Eadie, who recently had heart surgery.

It is a most special jersey because the club’s three champion fullbacks have all signed it — Eadie, Brett Stewart and “Turbo”.

It will be auctioned at a fundraiser on the Gold Coast on Friday, August 23 at the Burleigh Bears rugby league club.

All fans are welcome.

Tickets are available on 07 5617 6444.

A LITTLE WOMBAT AID

The jersey Tom Trbojevic wore when he ran 330m against St George Illawarra in round 14 is being auctioned to help pay the medical bills of Manly club legend Graham “Wombat” Eadie, who recently had heart surgery.

It is a most special jersey because the club’s three champion fullbacks have all signed it — Eadie, Brett Stewart and “Turbo”.

It will be auctioned at a fundraiser on the Gold Coast on Friday, August 23 at the Burleigh Bears rugby league club.

All fans are welcome.

Tickets are available on 07 5617 6444.
I was trying to post that last night, but couldn’t work out how to get it off
the DT site to here?
I missed the Kirra one through sickness. All being well, I won’t miss this one.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/13/legend-qa-graham-eadie/

NRL.com is bringing back the legendary series of Legend Q&As made famous by Rugby League Week magazine.

We will be reliving the achievements of some past champions, sharing the highs and lows of their brilliant careers.

From the hardmen to the speed merchants, Origin heroes to Kangaroos, modern masters to greats of yesteryear, you can take a trip down memory lane in the Legend Q&A series featuring new interviews plus some classics we've dusted off from the RLW archives.

Here is one we've dusted off from the RLW vault on Graham Eadie, who won four grand finals for Manly in the 1970s and was one of the best fullbacks of any era.

Known as "Wombat", the former Kangaroos fullback reflects on how he got his famous nickname, puts a new spin on the Fibros v Silvertails rivalry and explains why Terry Randall's bravery was the catalyst for the Sea Eagles remarkable 1976 premiership win

Great quote for the modern hatred
Brett Kenny hates Manly as much as I hate Parramatta. But with five minutes to go Bert [Kenny] was yelling out, 'get Beaver on the field'. They brought him on with five minutes to go and he scored. Well, Bert was jumping up and down with delight. It was really good to see. I said to him, 'but you hate Manly'. He said, 'I hate Melbourne more'.

Great quote for the modern hatred
Brett Kenny hates Manly as much as I hate Parramatta. But with five minutes to go Bert [Kenny] was yelling out, 'get Beaver on the field'. They brought him on with five minutes to go and he scored. Well, Bert was jumping up and down with delight. It was really good to see. I said to him, 'but you hate Manly'. He said, 'I hate Melbourne more'.

I was just about to post exactly that quote .... love the Melbourne hate

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4