ANOTHER negative start to the year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
This is the third year in a row that in round one this team is already behind the eight ball and basically stuffed.

So many injuries to key players already, and the game last night was awful to watch. Once again, when the game was in the balance the referees stepped in and ruined any chance of Manly getting any rhythm.

Sadly, this is exactly what the NRL want. I can see already we will be playing Saturday nights all year while the NRL promote teams like the Roosters, Bunnies, St George, Canterbury and Parramatta who offer vastly more memberships and involvement with the big money stadiums.

It's a sad reality, and if it's not another 10 year cycle, it may be never that we see Manly in a grand final while the NRL wait for us to die.

NYEagle

Can't see us wining too many games at all. We are paying overs for several ex stars and until they come clean with themselves and look at how poor some of them have been since 2008 then we will be served up a lot more mediocrity as has been the case for the last 2 years.

I'm not reaching for the razor blades just yet.  At least this year we're not parading around with the corpse of Delmege around our shoulders.

Matabele link said:
I'm not reaching for the razor blades just yet.  At least this year we're not parading around with the corpse of Delmege around our shoulders.

Agree.

It shouldn't be doom and gloom after a loss in round 1, come on! On the positive side.... Brett is back and went well last night. He'll get better and so will the team.

Hey Daddy, Cool it man  its not doom and gloom, we were down last night but we are not out , we are just warming up .

Matabele link said:

What position did Delmege play?

Matabele link said:

Mata give up on the Delmege bashing, I've seen 2 or 3 other posts were you're on his case, it's over let it go. Let's talk about the footy.

tookey link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=186836.msg322772#msg322772 date=1299981891]

[/quote] Monkey

Matabele link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=186836.msg322804#msg322804 date=1299985254]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=186836.msg322772#msg322772 date=1299981891]

[/quote] Monkey
[/quote]

And Lowe is the organ grinder?

I seem to remember we lost 3 or 4 straight in 2008 as well, I really dislike you doom and gloom merchants ...FFS it's round 1.

How would you feel if you were a Panthers fan...at least we lost 18-6 and perhaps should have been 18-12

Agreed Mark, at least the Panthers loss gets us off the bottom of the table

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I seem to remember we lost 3 or 4 straight in 2008 as well, I really dislike you doom and gloom merchants ...FFS it's round 1.

How would you feel if you were a Panthers fan...at least we lost 18-6 and perhaps should have been 18-12

Thank you Mark,atleast one person has a memory

Lets calm a little and put things in perspective. We were missing a lot of players for the majority of the game. Weigh it up...

Our 2 centres, Lyon and Matai who are key to Manly's game plans not there.

Ballin missed the majority of the match and was clearly rattled when he came back so we had little ruck control and dummy running. Our forward moment was stunted.

Our 5/8 played in the centres putting too much pressure on a debutant halfback, particularly in kicking.

Our fullback was in his first full game in almost 2 years and it will take time to get to full match fitness and confidence.

It was the FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON! Calm down people. Hell the first 3 games of the comp lots of teams struggle. Its hardly all over. Do I think we played well? Not at all. That doesn't mena I've given up all hope, particularly with that list of mitigating factors. Lets not throw out the baby with the bathwater people, its a long season. We didn't stamp ourselves as one of the best teams, that is true but we also aren't complete right offs. An example, the Raiders were a complete cluster **** for the first half of last year and stormed into the finals, its not over yet.

It could be worse, we could be Panthers or Sharks fans.....

Captain of the Gate link said:
Lets calm a little and put things in perspective. We were missing a lot of players for the majority of the game. Weigh it up...

Our 2 centres, Lyon and Matai who are key to Manly's game plans not there.

Ballin missed the majority of the match and was clearly rattled when he came back so we had little ruck control and dummy running. Our forward moment was stunted.

Our 5/8 played in the centres putting too much pressure on a debutant halfback, particularly in kicking.

Our fullback was in his first full game in almost 2 years and it will take time to get to full match fitness and confidence.

It was the FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON! Calm down people. Hell the first 3 games of the comp lots of teams struggle. Its hardly all over. Do I think we played well? Not at all. That doesn't mena I've given up all hope, particularly with that list of mitigating factors. Lets not throw out the baby with the bathwater people, its a long season. We didn't stamp ourselves as one of the best teams, that is true but we also aren't complete right offs. An example, the Raiders were a complete cluster f**k for the first half of last year and stormed into the finals, its not over yet.

It could be worse, we could be Panthers or Sharks fans.....

Can't disagree with any of that. Anyone that thinks that we are screwed after one game, really need to get a grip.

the problems started from the top down, lowe, no sponsor, zorba and filtered down. We are in transition, in a couple of years we will be back at the top.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6