Another example of News Favouritism

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
Nathan Merritt charged for sliding feet first into an attacker, attempting to stop a try. His first offence and he is looking at suspension.

That ****ing grub Slater has done it at least twice that I can recall, and got warned once for it.

DailyTerrorgraphHater link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=179816.msg215079#msg215079 date=1237848697]

That F**king grub Slater has done it at least twice that I can recall, and got warned once for it.

09 season? This rule change only came in for 09
[/quote]

no it came in, in the mid 90's! They only decided to start policing it again now

Dan link said:
[quote author=DailyTerrorgraphHater link=topic=179816.msg215106#msg215106 date=1237854716]

That F**king grub Slater has done it at least twice that I can recall, and got warned once for it.

[/quote]

no it came in, in the mid 90's! They only decided to start policing it again now
[/quote]

Actually - wasn't it a Matt Ridge tackle that changed the policy?

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=179816.msg215108#msg215108 date=1237854864]
[quote author=DailyTerrorgraphHater link=topic=179816.msg215106#msg215106 date=1237854716]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually - wasn't it a Matt Ridge tackle that changed the policy?
[/quote]

yes, in the mid 90's

"That F**king grub Slater has done it at least twice that I can recall, and got warned once for it. "

Yes agree that Slater should have been suspended during the World Cup for daring to use the same crooked dangerous tactic. And in the grand final Robbo should given a penalty try because of it in my (biased) opinion  ;)

Wasn't the original game in 1996 at Brisbane against Brisbane when Matthew Ridge booted the ball out of the about-to-score opposition player as he crossed the tryline next to the goalposts? Or was it in NZ.....

A beautiful piece of work actually if you get to see a replay  ;D  but good to have this "tackle" rubbed out for the obvious safety reasons

brookiegreg link said:
\"That F**king grub Slater has done it at least twice that I can recall, and got warned once for it. \"

Yes agree that Slater should have been suspended during the World Cup for daring to use the same crooked dangerous tactic. And in the grand final Robbo should given a penalty try because of it in my (biased) opinion  ;)

Wasn't the original game in 1996 at Brisbane against Brisbane when Matthew Ridge booted the ball out of the about-to-score opposition player as he crossed the tryline next to the goalposts? Or was it in NZ.....

A beautiful piece of work actually if you get to see a replay  ;D  but good to have this \"tackle\" rubbed out for the obvious safety reasons

i thought it was at brookie infront of the southern stand on the maccas side, midway between goal posts and sideline

Dan link said:
[quote author=brookiegreg link=topic=179816.msg215119#msg215119 date=1237858757]
\"That F**king grub Slater has done it at least twice that I can recall, and got warned once for it. \"

A beautiful piece of work actually if you get to see a replay  ;D  but good to have this \"tackle\" rubbed out for the obvious safety reasons

i thought it was at brookie infront of the southern stand on the maccas side, midway between goal posts and sideline
[/quote]

Something tells that it wasn't at brookie but an away game...and you're right, from memory it happened just to the right of the goalposts

Brookiegreg is right, because I actually saw that game a couple of weeks ago, and he did it well. However I do recall him missing once which wasn't pretty

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Brookiegreg is right, because I actually saw that game a couple of weeks ago, and he did it well. However I do recall him missing once which wasn't pretty

so where was it at?

At the time I remember one of the commentators (maybe fatty or Stirlo) joking saying that they were surprised that Ridge didn't kick this one straight between the goalposts - because everything else he kicked that day went that way  ;D

Don't we need a deadeye dick that Matthew Ridge now????

Dan, my bet is against Brisbane at Lang Park - and a pretty empty Lang Park cause it was at state of origin time methinks....and a reasonably easy victory by Manly

Yeah it was at Lang Park, we skipped out to the lead early against an under manned Broncos and held it steady all the way

From memory, Ridge never tried to kick it out of the players hand but put his foot under the ball as he was grounding it.
Definitely to the right of the posts (by about 10 metres I think)

Kiwi do you remember the year, I wouldn't mind hunting that game down

Dan, if it turns out to be '96 then I win this one and you owe me a beer payable at brookie oval next mon night against the panthers  ;D

Thanks Kiwi Eagle for the info and I feel for you this week taking a pounding for Manly from all your mates - and at least nice to know my memory isn't as dodgy as I thought

brookiegreg link said:
Dan, if it turns out to be '96 then I win this one and you owe me a beer payable at brookie oval next mon night against the panthers  ;D

Thanks Kiwi Eagle for the info and I feel for you this week taking a pounding for Manly from all your mates - and at least nice to know my memory isn't as dodgy as I thought
ill buy you a beer if you pay for my flight there and back :)
Otherwise i will get you one when i do make it for a game

Dan I can get you a $25 seat on either Aeroflot or that Chinese airline that keeps crashing all the time...better post down that beer  :p

brookiegreg link said:
Dan I can get you a $25 seat on either Aeroflot or that Chinese airline that keeps crashing all the time...better post down that beer   :p

Plun Jing Airways

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6