Another 2 years for sCam

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cam has been one of the most durable and consistent performers in the game . Gallen will turn up for the Sharks next season at the age of 38 and I am confident the resilient Cam will continue to perform exceptionally for another 2 years .
Never knock a champion has always been my belief and love him or hate him Cam is a champion player .

I agree with you Bozo. I have nothing personally against Cam or Gallen. They are fine footballers. My only complaint is the administrations biased approach giving different decisions for similar matters, based on their obvious preferences. If Cam Smith received a testimonial monies as approved by the League, then it should be at the expiration of his career where it has no bearing on salary issues. As it exists here if he accepts a further two year contract, he is in effect receiving a top up TPA, countenanced by the Administration totally in conflict with their rules regarding TPAs. That is yet another example of this Administrations double standards and why they should be taken to task and shown the door.

I'm strongly in the camp of 'you don't have to retire to let youngsters through....if they are good enough the administration etc realize and they take your position'. And at the end of the day you are a long time retired, nothing wrong with saying to the youngsters 'prove you are better and push me out!;

Whilst we all assume he has a career in the media ahead......will he? Surely there are limited spots, and whilst some of the Qld crew were hated....they will be forgiven to an extent. I don't think that's the case with sCam.

Let me also say I despise sCam with a passion. I have never seen a player get away with so much and still be deified by so many. (Wrestling, Salary Cap, Refereeing matches....generally just a knob). The only good thing to me is that in the last year or so (mainly due to the breakdown of his relationship with Cronk...and others), people are starting to say 'yeh....he is a tosser'.

Great Player.....no doubt. Definitely in my view the greatest player since Joey (excluding Killer, because he is the BEST!!), but a Saint? No chance. An absolute scum bucket who pushed EVERY boundary on the way to winning games/titles etc.

I'm strongly in the camp of 'you don't have to retire to let youngsters through....if they are good enough the administration etc realize and they take your position'. And at the end of the day you are a long time retired, nothing wrong with saying to the youngsters 'prove you are better and push me out!;

Whilst we all assume he has a career in the media ahead......will he? Surely there are limited spots, and whilst some of the Qld crew were hated....they will be forgiven to an extent. I don't think that's the case with sCam.

Let me also say I despise sCam with a passion. I have never seen a player get away with so much and still be deified by so many. (Wrestling, Salary Cap, Refereeing matches....generally just a knob). The only good thing to me is that in the last year or so (mainly due to the breakdown of his relationship with Cronk...and others), people are starting to say 'yeh....he is a tosser'.

Great Player.....no doubt. Definitely in my view the greatest player since Joey (excluding Killer, because he is the BEST!!), but a Saint? No chance. An absolute scum bucket who pushed EVERY boundary on the way to winning games/titles etc.

Agree with all of that .... problem these day though is the salary cap ..... If they decide halfway through this season the young bloke is better .... they still have Scam on the books next year at well over a zillion dollars ......

Didn't both Cam Smith and JT play a testimonial at the beginning of this season? How is it that Scam gets to keep this money, which was a huge breach of the salary cap rules in it's own right, and then decide that he is going to play on for two more years.

Does he get to double dip with the testimonials? Maybe he can go the testimonial route one more time. Has there ever been a player that was soooo in it just for himself?

I've personally come to the conclusion that its not just about the money with this a-hole. I think he just wants records that no one will likely beat, at least not for a bloody long time. He got the Origin games record, and then retired from that arena. Got the test games record, and promptly retired from that arena. Now he is edging closer to 400 NRL games and shock horror, he wants to go on for another 2 years which if he stays healthy will likely see him be the first to pass that mark.

In my 36 years of following rugby league I have never seen a player who is more concerned with his own name being in the records than Scam.

A greedy self serving charlatan... I’m expecting him to get a little slower during the next season. He wants to try and set individual records that won’t be surpassed... hopefully the Storm and Scam chart a strong downwards trajectory as our fortunes turn around.

Unfortunately mate, the NRL will not allow the Storm to become a mid-bottom of the table team.

Why do you think they are allowed to have their junior nursery in Queensland rather than actually having junior teams in Melbourne with Victorians coming through the ranks? If the Storm were actually forced to get their juniors from Victoria then they would be a bottom 8 or more likely a bottom 4 team (regardless who their coach is) and the NRL won't allow that.

Having a successful team in Melbourne, the very heart of AFL territory, is a must for the NRL. Its a bragging rights thing when it comes to Melbourne and it always has been.

Unfortunately mate, the NRL will not allow the Storm to become a mid-bottom of the table team.

Why do you think they are allowed to have their junior nursery in Queensland rather than actually having junior teams in Melbourne with Victorians coming through the ranks? If the Storm were actually forced to get their juniors from Victoria then they would be a bottom 8 or more likely a bottom 4 team (regardless who their coach is) and the NRL won't allow that.

Having a successful team in Melbourne, the very heart of AFL territory, is a must for the NRL. Its a bragging rights thing when it comes to Melbourne and it always has been.
Yeah... depressing as it is, I believe that your summarisation is accurate. The Mexicans are predestined to have ongoing success.

Yeah... depressing as it is, I believe that your summarisation is accurate. The Mexicans are predestined to have ongoing success.

And unfortunately its been that way ever since South Melbourne uprooted and became the Sydney Swans in 1982, made worse by the fact that they made their home at the SCG which back then was the league's traditional #1 venue.

That was the point in which Melbourne became the #1 target for the league outside of the traditional areas of NSW and Qld. And it still amazes me to this day that both Perth and then Adelaide actually got teams before Melbourne did (even if the Rams were a made for Super League team). Though it doesn't surprise me that Perth and Adelaide were rather short lived and that Melbourne survived.

Last edited:
And unfortunately its been that way ever since South Melbourne uprooted and became the Sydney Swans in 1982, made worse by the fact that they made their home at the SCG which back then was the league's traditional #1 venue.

That was the point in which Melbourne became the #1 target for the league outside of the traditional areas of NSW and Qld. And it still amazes me to this day that both Perth and then Adelaide actually got teams before Melbourne did (even if the Rams were a made for Super League team). Though it doesn't surprise me that Perth and Adelaide were rather short lived and that Melbourne survived.
Very true.

Scam has made a fool of Greenburg and the NRL after the testimonial match rort. I bet he wouldn’t have got it if the NRL knew he was going to play for another 2 years. Serves them right!

I hate Smith, why, because he is so good!
He doesn’t look like much of a bloke really, but **** me some of you need to quit the whining and **** canning of a super talented rugby league player.
He will be a deserved immortal, that is for sure. Blame the pecker heads that run the game for all his other atrocities
I am with you on this. I dislike no other player more than sCam but of all the players since Joey, he is the only one that I think should be an Immortal. He is so far better than any other player in his position that I have seen (I can remember back to the early 90s). The recent prospective Immortals of Lockyer, Thurston and Slater were exceptional players, but Smith is the only one without peer in his position for the majority of his career (the other three had peers at various times during their career).

Yes the Drizzle are “ special “ always have been always will be , otherwise it’s not the NATIONAL Rugby League is it??

Them and the Donkeys, no teams I hate more!!

Agree with all of that .... problem these day though is the salary cap ..... If they decide halfway through this season the young bloke is better .... they still have Scam on the books next year at well over a zillion dollars ......

Or just maybe, they get him on $250k and the magic TPA’s do the rest. BTW, isn’t there some cap relief for one team players I read a while back?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8