Another 2 years for sCam

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TokyoEagle

Bencher
Didn't both Cam Smith and JT play a testimonial at the beginning of this season? How is it that Scam gets to keep this money, which was a huge breach of the salary cap rules in it's own right, and then decide that he is going to play on for two more years.

Does he get to double dip with the testimonials? Maybe he can go the testimonial route one more time. Has there ever been a player that was soooo in it just for himself?

Didn't both Cam Smith and JT play a testimonial at the beginning of this season? How is it that Scam gets to keep this money, which was a huge breach of the salary cap rules in it's own right, and then decide that he is going to play on for two more years.

Does he get to double dip with the testimonials? Maybe he can go the testimonial route one more time. Has there ever been a player that was soooo in it just for himself?
A greedy self serving charlatan... I’m expecting him to get a little slower during the next season. He wants to try and set individual records that won’t be surpassed... hopefully the Storm and Scam chart a strong downwards trajectory as our fortunes turn around.

The testimonial was such a farce and Greenberg once again complicit.

As for two more years, he was still pretty good this year but his decline was noticeable. In two years’ time he wont be their first choice hooker - Brandon Smith will usurp him. If I was the Storm I would definitely call his bluff as soon reckon he only wants to keep playing in order to be the first player to play 400 games. If he cared about the club, he would realise this and not stand in the way of a young up and comer - he has done well out of the game and will continue in his post playing career.

Sounds like a scam of the Cap as sCam's TPA fell short.:mad:

Scumos will sign him for 2 years, then he'll 'retire' early in 2020 and they'll get a Cap exemption and he'll get another year's monies without playing for it :cool:

Scumos easily have the monies to pay him out in 2020.
If he retires of his own volition he can't get paid out, unless it's a catastrophic injury.

If he retires of his own volition he can't get paid out, unless it's a catastrophic injury.
If a Cap exempt Testimonial Game can be orchestrated then a simple retirement Cap exemption is hardly a stretch.
It will be rubberstamped by Greenturd on 'mental health' grounds at the very least :wait:

Choc limped to Parra with 1 bicep and 1 knee, yet retired on a 'new injury' claim remember :mad:

He’s obviously after records that no other player will get near, most games , most games by a player at one club, most points by a player.

Oh and two million $$$$

I hope they lose a bunch of up and comers due to this but I bet they don’t!!

PS: wonder how many new cars / boats / houses he’ll get on the side??

Greenburg definitely has to be confronted on this issue. The Testimonial money will become TPA if he signs a further playing contract with Melbourne, and the manner Smith got it is most definitely in contravention of the TPA rules and exposed for all to see. Greenburg has to be made answerable for yet another blatant demonstration of partiality and needs to be shown the door if he can order Fulton out for supposedly the same issue.

Cam has been one of the most durable and consistent performers in the game . Gallen will turn up for the Sharks next season at the age of 38 and I am confident the resilient Cam will continue to perform exceptionally for another 2 years .
Never knock a champion has always been my belief and love him or hate him Cam is a champion player .

He’s obviously after records that no other player will get near, most games , most games by a player at one club, most points by a player.

Oh and two million $$$$

I hope they lose a bunch of up and comers due to this but I bet they don’t!!

PS: wonder how many new cars / boats / houses he’ll get on the side??
It’s obvious isn’t it...

The Storm would be crazy not to sign him for two more years, Where is the experience in that team now that Cronk, Grub and Hoffman have left the building ?? They need him to usher in the next wave.

He has had a remarkably resilient career and despite a few niggles this year I can't see why he couldn't go another 2 seasons, especially without the representative load.

Even if he comes off the bench in the second year he's still a major asset

The Storm would be crazy not to sign him for two more years, Where is the experience in that team now that Cronk, Grub and Hoffman have left the building ?? They need him to usher in the next wave.

He has had a remarkably resilient career and despite a few niggles this year I can't see why he couldn't go another 2 seasons, especially without the representative load.

Even if he comes off the bench in the second year he's still a major asset
Good post .
We should not let hate devour us and cloud our judgement

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4