Annesley's weakly excuses presser - 2023 edition!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nothing on exemption for Eels shadowing the ball over the deadball line being found to be "not playing at the ball".

And nothing but excuses for the referees on hair pulling tackles and NRL can't tell players to get a haircut. Also a mention of the NRLW as some sort of proof how difficult this hair problem is but i couldn't follow the logic of that one.

I dunno NRL, maybe you could, oh i dunno, have a rule in the NRL that says if you have long hair you gotta put it up in a man-bun or net or under the back of the jersey or something.

I didn't see the 'hair pull' commotion but in the nfl, the rule is that if it show outside of the helmet, then it is fair game.

Of course they all wear helmets so there's a difference.

And it's hair on the head...perverts.

I thought most teams tried to 'shadow the ball' over the dead ball line -(didn't see the incident in question)

And (get your pitchforks ready)...I was happy enough with the forcing the ball by hughes.

ps - not all of this is directed at you owbk, just saw your post with the hairpull bit.

party on champs! :)

pps - plus I'm without coffee, dunno if this post makes sense.

Nothing on grounding the ball with the back of your hand after you had an air swing?
As far as I can remember (and it may well have changed) you can ground the ball with your hand, wrist, forearm or torso. Note, hand, no mention of back or palm. This is when a loose ball is already on the ground and not to be confused with regripping a loose carry

Nothing on exemption for Eels shadowing the ball over the deadball line being found to be "not playing at the ball".

And nothing but excuses for the referees on hair pulling tackles and NRL can't tell players to get a haircut. Also a mention of the NRLW as some sort of proof how difficult this hair problem is but i couldn't follow the logic of that one.

I dunno NRL, maybe you could, oh i dunno, have a rule in the NRL that says if you have long hair you gotta put it up in a man-bun or net or under the back of the jersey or something.
If it’s good enough for teens working in fast food on minimal wage…

Again he uses the line of....

Players make mistakes toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yeah and those players continually do that, they get dropped, and don't have contracts.

A ref has to make an absolute blunder against a 'special' team and they get dropped for a week, maybe.

Again he uses the line of....

Players make mistakes toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yeah and those players continually do that, they get dropped, and don't have contracts.

A ref has to make an absolute blunder against a 'special' team and they get dropped for a week, maybe.
That analogy would work if the players made as many mistakes in proportion to the mistakes the refs make.

So, 34 players per game vs 1 ref & 2 touchies is a ratio of 34:3.

I doubt the players are making 11 mistakes for every 1 made by the ref & touchies.

I'm feeling a bit more supportive of the refs this week. Yeah I know, i'll now go and take my temperature, lol.
It's probably just because of that local soccer ref in hospital after getting king hit by a 'fan' the other day.

That analogy would work if the players made as many mistakes in proportion to the mistakes the refs make.

So, 34 players per game vs 1 ref & 2 touchies is a ratio of 34:3.

I doubt the players are making 11 mistakes for every 1 made by the ref & touchies.

That looks like math...

My head hurts.

Every single professional sport has the same issues with ref's

EPL, NFL, MLA, NBA you name it and they all the issue with a human being in charge of making decisions. I am not sure there is much you can do apart from making the ref's full time and it being an attractive career choice to try bring up the talen even more

Every single professional sport has the same issues with ref's

EPL, NFL, MLA, NBA you name it and they all the issue with a human being in charge of making decisions. I am not sure there is much you can do apart from making the ref's full time and it being an attractive career choice to try bring up the talen even more
It is a fulltime position. NRL refs are paid about $300k a year for our best ones. My step son wants to be an NRL referee. I think purely on that basis

It is a fulltime position. NRL refs are paid about $300k a year for our best ones. My step son wants to be an NRL referee. I think purely on that basis
Really?

Well then I am stumped

My main concern is with the video replays, when the ref sends it up to be judged by the bunker crew why do they show 4 or more angles on some try's but then only do a couple on others. Sure, for the obvious ones you need only one, but have seen just lately on contentious try's, amazingly only 2 when you know they should show more angles ?

My main concern is with the video replays, when the ref sends it up to be judged by the bunker crew why do they show 4 or more angles on some try's but then only do a couple on others. Sure, for the obvious ones you need only one, but have seen just lately on contentious try's, amazingly only 2 when you know they should show more angles ?
What they show on TV isn't all they see in the bunker - I think I've heard the commentators mention that before.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6